X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    Funny that no one seemed so riled up about this when Merrimack wasn't very good. The architect of Merrimack's turn around is a BC grad. There is no rule against it. Every kid growing up in New England now wants to play for BC. The only way UML, Merrimack, Maine, etc will be good is with older players. If you want to see bad hockey then fine.
    There's a difference between older players and players qualifying for social security before they graduate.

Comment

Funny that no one seemed so riled up about this when Merrimack wasn't very good. The architect of Merrimack's turn around is a BC grad. There is no rule against it. Every kid growing up in New England now wants to play for BC. The only way UML, Merrimack, Maine, etc will be good is with older players. If you want to see bad hockey then fine.
      I don't like it, but I also don't blame Dennehy for doing it. These older freshmen are being given a great opportunity to go to a pretty good school. My hope is that beyond hockey, they're taking full advantage of that opportunity, graduating, and contributing to society after the fact.

Comment

hoky, butler has 15 points in 50 games. i wouldn't call that killing it.

Comment

I know of a lot of the older Canadian players who now have real good jobs in Boston in the banking and financial fields. Some of these older players have also done great things in community.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            hoky, butler has 15 points in 50 games. i wouldn't call that killing it.
            Started again last night...

Compared to Dacosta he is Lemieux on Ottawa

Comment

I know of a lot of the older Canadian players who now have real good jobs in Boston in the banking and financial fields. Some of these older players have also done great things in community.
              Exhibit A, Ryan Sullivan....

Comment

HD, curious to hear your thoughts on the recently departed from Moncton.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Exhibit A, Ryan Sullivan....
                  Going back further to the Ron Anderson days, Tom Johnson and Rob Beck right out of college were doing big things in Boston's investment banking field. Even volunteer goalie coach Jim Healey has a job as a banker. Other former players are pharmaceutical sales reps, some own their own companies, etc...

This is the BC thread so I don't want to get off topic, but I have enjoyed going to Hockey East games for decades now because I enjoy good hockey. I'd rather go to one college hockey game than five NHL games. However, with the exception of BC, Michigan, Minnesota, there aren't many teams in college hockey who have a roster made up entirely of legitimate college aged players. If you made a rule that said players had to be 19 or younger when starting, the product on the ice would be a lot worse than it already is. It isn't as good as it was a decade ago even. As long as Merrimack players go to class, stay out of trouble and compete hard on the ice, I could care less if the entire team is made of western Canadian 20-24 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    ..... than Johnny Gaudreau will be for the HE championship his senior year
                    Quintessential BC post. Already assuming that the Eagles will be in the HE '14-'15 HE championship.

ps. it seems only you and your mentor Nick have a hair across your $%^ about the age thing at MC. This dead horse has been beaten to a pulp. Just give it a rest already.
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                      Quintessential BC post. Already assuming that the Eagles will be in the HE '14-'15 HE championship.
                      Waaaaaaaaaah.
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        Easy now, I think you took that way too literally. In any event, assuming BC will be in the Hockey East title game has been a pretty good bet over the last 10-15 years.

Comment

Easy now, I think you took that way too literally. In any event, assuming BC will be in the Hockey East title game has been a pretty good bet over the last 10-15 years.
                          Almost as good of a bet as Merrimack NOT making the HE tournament championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            HD, curious to hear your thoughts on the recently departed from Moncton.
                            Great kid and player. Was injured and needed to shut it down and come home and get it fixed, which he has. Will be playing for another org next eyar, maybe Kitchner and will be an nhl pick when it is his year. Coach in Q also lied to the kid and didnt use as promissed, from day one. Good thing he got all of his money up front

Q sucks, American kids should boycot it. Which they pretty much do anyways. Bunch of political french guys who love to jam up Americans

Comment

Agreed, and they will likely be a participant for the next 10-15...just busting chops.
                              10 finals in the last 15 years (since '97), 8 championships.
                              Last time not making at least the semi-finals was '04. Yes, looks like a pretty good chance they'll be there.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I raised this point on EA, so I'll mention it here. I think there should be a rule in place where kids like this, a 16 year old, can regain college eligibility in situations like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X