X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Lowell will lose at MC....
    Merrimack's lack of offense is catching up to them. If you get the lead on them then you have the advantage on them. I just think they don't have enough skill up front right now.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by bluehorseshoe View Post
      I think you could see Colin Sullivan coming in rather than Piazza next year. Heard that Richardson is coming next year which could mean that they have asked Silk who has been struggling to play another year in the USHL.
      Richardson is having a very good year out in the BCHL and he'll be 18 in a few months, so it may be a good move to bring him in early next year, though I just hope he doesn't have a tough time getting acclimated to HE like Straight did this year coming in a year earlier than expected. Richardson isn't big, and those guys usually adjust more quickly, so we'll see. Not sure what's up with Silk; he's got a few goals but is clearly not the elite player we all thought he would be when he committed. I do think the Achilles injury set him back as he's been on the lower lines since his return. Still think he can be a good player for us but a year in the USHL might do him some good. Definitely need to do something on D as Piazza has a bad concussion and who know's how he'll be next year. A wild car is Begert, as he was supposed to be pretty decent, but just clearly wasn't ready for prime time this year. Hopefully he can build some strength in the offseason and has been learning in practice. Either way, unless Matheson is the next Brian Leetch and assuming Domoulin is gone, we are going to be hurting a bit on D next year

Comment

I know it's unreasonable to expect great things from a freshman, especially a dman...but sure would be nice if Matheson can be a difference maker from day one a la Dumoulin. Not saying he'll be as good from day one, but would be nice if he's an impact player right away.

As for Begert, I know you're saying he was supposed to be pretty decent, but I really didn't get that sense when he committed. How many games has he dressed for? One? He seems like the ultimate 7th-8th dman.

Comment

we were discussing how BC counts attendance/tickets sold and i did ask the athletic dept about bceagles.com saying the game vs merrimack was sold out yet the announced attendance was 500 less than a sell out, here is the response:

As far as the game last week against
          Merrimack, it was a sell out. Unfortunately we can not control if those people
          who purchase the tickets actually attend the game.

Thanks & Go Eagles!

Phone: 617-552-3000 | Fax: 617-552-2525
          Facebook: facebook.com/BostonCollegeAthletics

take a bow, Carmine. I certainly assumed that they used tickets sold (and i kinda still do actually) but this response suggests they don't

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            we were discussing how BC counts attendance/tickets sold and i did ask the athletic dept about bceagles.com saying the game vs merrimack was sold out yet the announced attendance was 500 less than a sell out, here is the response:

As far as the game last week against
            Merrimack, it was a sell out. Unfortunately we can not control if those people
            who purchase the tickets actually attend the game.

Thanks & Go Eagles!

Phone: 617-552-3000 | Fax: 617-552-2525
            Facebook: facebook.com/BostonCollegeAthletics

take a bow, Carmine. I certainly assumed that they used tickets sold (and i kinda still do actually) but this response suggests they don't
            It's odd cause there have been a ton of games where they list 7,884(capacity) as the attendance and you can't tell me every single person with a ticket showed up. That never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              First time heading down to PC on Friday night. Taking the train out of Boston, any suggestions/advice?
              Join the BC Hockey Road Trippers group on Facebook, they can probably find you a ride.

I haven't been to PC in a while but beware the collar-popped masses with 30's in the top rows. One year one of them jumped on my back and tried to "ride" me around the concourse.
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Gentry, Gentry, Gentry, you sxck... at life, and attendance assumptions.

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                I haven't been to PC in a while but beware the collar-popped masses with 30's in the top rows. One year one of them jumped on my back and tried to "ride" me around the concourse.
                I think we all can agree Umass is the worst arena to visit but I've never seen a group of people unable to let go of their frat days and grow up at such a late age as those twits at Providence. And seriously, how do you walk into an arena with a 30 rack of Bud Light and not have it taken away? I've seen it multiple times there and it boggles my mind.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It's odd cause there have been a ton of games where they list 7,884(capacity) as the attendance and you can't tell me every single person with a ticket showed up. That never happens.
                  Agreed. Seems like a new rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    Agreed. Seems like a new rule.
                    Fanboy rule 1.3c

Even when you're clearly proven wrong, never give in!
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                      Join the BC Hockey Road Trippers group on Facebook, they can probably find you a ride.

Thanks yeah I'm a member and was able to get a ride back post game. Looking forward to it.

Comment

most notably the second BU game this year...........

Comment

Seems to me the only "issue" at hand here is listing 7,884 when obviously not everybody shows up. Looking at the home schedule, there have been 11 games at Conte. Of those 11, attendance of 7,884 was reported:

-Home opener against Denver
                          -BU (2)

I don't think that's a coincidence. And let's be honest, while attendance may not have been 7,884 scanned tickets, it was pretty **** close and shouldn't somehow take away from the fact that BC gets the best attendance in the league by a wide margin.

Comment

Honestly, my guess is that for games where they report a capacity attendance, there were MORE people than capacity (probably between staff, etc.) but they probably can only report it as "capacity" ... 7,884.
                            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-23-2012, 10:46 AM.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Fanboy rule 1.3c

Even when you're clearly proven wrong, never give in!
                              You've always been more of a fanboy than me, Mr. P. It's just simple logic looking at the attendance figures. Even your own fans (claver/sterlippo) aren't largely convinced. We've given this much more energy than its worth.
                              Last edited by Tater; 02-23-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                Honestly, my guess is that for games where they report a capacity attendance, there were MORE people than capacity (probably between staff, etc.) but they probably can only report it as "capacity" ... 7,884.
                                That's what I always thought too. Obviously not every ticket is scanned but for the big games I bet it's pretty close and they add in press and other numbers (lux suites?) and they'll be over "capacity" and will list 7,884.

But by some (fanboy) "logic" the conclusion is not quite as obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X