X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    You do realize BC has six points up for grabs against UVM. MC and Lowell play each other three times. I'd be shocked if BC didn't get home ice. Merrimack still is playing poorly. I see them or Maine in 5th at end of season.
    I said on EA, that's one of the better cases for BC making a serious move in the standings

Comment

UVM is one of the worst teams I've seen in this league in years. Neither goalie can stop a beach ball and they just find ways to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
        UVM is one of the worst teams I've seen in this league in years. Neither goalie can stop a beach ball and they just find ways to lose.
        BC will find a way to hand over 2 points to UVM in the span of those 3 games, don't you worry.

Anyway...

I'm looking for a few things to really show me this team is ready to make a move:
        1. Score 5 or more goals at some point.
        2. Not handing over points in games they should win (see 3 games vs. UVM or any game where they get a late lead or tie and end up choking... like the first MC game this year or the 2 in Orono).
        3. Actually putting a puck into an open net if the other team pulls a goalie. I've never seen a program consistently terrible in this area over the past 15 years, whether it be allowing EAGs or simply not being able to put it into an empty net. Yet when BC is down a goal and pulls the goalie the other teams have no problem scoring from 150 feet.

It's time to start paying attention to details, doing the little things right, showing up and playing for a full 60 minutes (when was the last time BC did this?), and playing smart, physical hockey.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          It's pretty funny to see all these teams put up 5+ goals around the league and that seems like it would be impossible for this program to put up on the board right now.

5+ goal games:
          Maine: 10
          BU: 7
          Lowell: 7
          UNH: 6
          PC: 6
          BC: 6

Now, consider that BC has not accomplished this at all in their last 11 games and scored 5+ in 5 of their first 9. I know they lost Hayes and Atkinson and Gibbons and Whitney but this is very pedestrian for the BC program. With a sketchy defense on most nights and goaltending issues (which I think is a minor problem at this point), the offense needs to put more goals on the board. Need to get moving with the PP.

Here's the question for Monday. Will they benefit from the weekend off or will it be a detriment?
          Well I heard NU lost Ferriero for the season with an ACL injury and Quailer is also out for Monday. They can't take anything for granted anymore, they just don't have the talent they use to have and need to start playing 60" of hockey without needless penalties.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

On the surface, you would have to think that the loss of 2 of NU's better forwards would certainly hurt their chances against BC.

Comment

It's Milner Monday night.
              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Well, will we be surprise if another 1-goal game happens?

So far, we have the horseshoe around our necks vs. NU.

Should be an entertaining 1st game, let's see if the Crimson can win a 1st round game for a change. But I have a feeling BU will somehow luck out in this game.

Almeida has really stepped it up this year and hope he scores 20 or more goals to cap off his senior year. I will be happy for him and hope they make the NCAA for him. He really deserves it and hope his senior year ends on a positive note.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

BC will find a way to hand over 2 points to UVM in the span of those 3 games, don't you worry.
                  it's what i think.....stay tuned for friday night

It's time to start paying attention to details, doing the little things right, showing up and playing for a full 60 minutes (when was the last time BC did this?)
                  December 3rd?

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                    It's Milner Monday night.
                    I'm intereted to see how he plays on the big stage. Would be nice to have this goaltending situation solidified going forward.

It'll be interesting to see the energy to start the game. They haven't played in over a week so does it take a couple of shifts for them to get going or do they go balls to the wall from the start.

Have to imagine a 1 goal game cause it's NU & it's the Beanpot.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      I'm intereted to see how he plays on the big stage.
                      that's the $64,000 question

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        that's the $64,000 question
                        ..gotta adjust this for inflation.
                        Just ain't what it used to be..
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          It'll be interesting to see the energy to start the game.
                          A common denominator in these last handful of games has been some serious fire in the first 10 minutes or so. They hit the wall most of those nights not long after that and crapped down their legs after those first 8-10 mins each night though. Luckily they were able to come back with big late wins vs. UNH.

I really want to see some sustained effort tonight. They should be in great shape to the point that they don't hit a wall after 10 minutes of rolling all 4 lines out there.

Keys tonight:
                          1. Stay out of the box.
                          2. Hit someone.
                          3. Get traffic buzzing around Rawlings and try to rattle him.

Defense still concerns me. Thus the need to actually, ya know, hit someone... Need Cross and Dumoulin to be great and Wey, Shea, Alber, Macleod to be good. This defense seems to only be as good as their weakest link and on any given night several of those guys are plenty capable of stinking the place up.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            A common denominator in these last handful of games has been some serious fire in the first 10 minutes or so. They hit the wall most of those nights not long after that and crapped down their legs after those first 8-10 mins each night though. Luckily they were able to come back with big late wins vs. UNH.

I really want to see some sustained effort tonight. They should be in great shape to the point that they don't hit a wall after 10 minutes of rolling all 4 lines out there.

Keys tonight:
                            1. Stay out of the box.
                            2. Hit someone.
                            3. Get traffic buzzing around Rawlings and try to rattle him.

Defense still concerns me. Thus the need to actually, ya know, hit someone... Need Cross and Dumoulin to be great and Wey, Shea, Alber, Macleod to be good. This defense seems to only be as good as their weakest link and on any given night several of those guys are plenty capable of stinking the place up.
                            I was happy with the physicality they brought last Friday night. Wey has the ability to hit & Mullane used his body as well. You know Bitetto & company are going to try to bait Gaudreau by going after him post whistle just like they have in all 3 games this year -as you said, stay disciplined.

Comment

UVM has almost no tickets for Friday , at least not 2 together anywhere but there are still some at BC ticket office if anyone is interested. I am heading north Firday

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                UVM has almost no tickets for Friday , at least not 2 together anywhere but there are still some at BC ticket office if anyone is interested. I am heading north Firday
                                Yeah tiny barn, national tv, etc. makes sense.

Passing on this one. Friday night makes that ride (which is a b*tch) even more impossible.

Comment

Working...
                                X