This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Were you there in a BU jersey mookie? Saw several walking around.

BTW: RT @nateewell: Tommy Cross thanks the media for covering college hockey; last time I heard that was Ryan Shannon in this same room in '05.

No , I'm in st Paul.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

This team has far and away exceeded my expectations. It's hard to believe all they've accomplished this year already. What an unbelievable coaching job. Next time I won't be accepting a trip out to Detroit for Red Sox opening day when the team is slumping. I simply didn't expect them to make this type of run. I should have known better. Shame on me.

Play like they did this weekend and they will be tough to beat in Tampa. What a year. They've done everything last year's stacked team did and now they have a chance to tie the score with a couple schools...

Comment

I agree JD, they've done more than I'd expected after losing some very good players from last year. IMO they've overachieved and JY has done one of his best coaching jobs this year after their mid season slump. They have a very good group of seniors and juniors leading this BC team. Milner has really been solid during this streak.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Parker Milner

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            Parker Milner
            I don't know how Jerry does it, but WOW. The class of the East and really the country. Congrats
            Parker Milner is a WOW also, unreal turnaround
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

So far, a huge note of thanks has to go to Maine, which sent the Eagles down the turnpike January 21 with two straight losses and their tails between their legs.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Congrats to BC....very impressive win yesterday. Milner's on fire right now. Might as well take down that other Minnesodda team while you're at it. Good luck in the frozen four. At least we have 1 competitive team in HE.
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  Congrats to BC....very impressive win yesterday. Milner's on fire right now. Might as well take down that other Minnesodda team while you're at it. Good luck in the frozen four. At least we have 1 competitive team in HE.
                  Hell just froze over....

Comment

Congrats. Every year since 2000 I'm so impressed with what BC does in the latter 2/3rds of the season.

It's incredible. I was almost foolish enough to think the BC squad wasn't going to be strong w/o Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson.

It was looking pretty good for the rest of HE when you were 14-10...then Jerry and co did what they do. Just win. 17 in a row? Milner goes from shaky at best to all-world?

You have the best program in college hockey and they'll be a fifth star on the backs of the BC jerseys next season.

Enjoy this...it can't last forever, can it?
                    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Boston Coll. is about as business like as possible. They were the only team of the four FF teams to not put on "championship" hats and glom for the camera like they won something this weekend. They shook hands, got off the ice like they just beat Providence in January. I cant remember a team as focused as this one. They obviously have great on and off ice leadership and I expect them to win again in two weeks. Great job by Milner, too.
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        Boston Coll. is about as business like as possible. They were the only team of the four FF teams to not put on "championship" hats and glom for the camera like they won something this weekend. They shook hands, got off the ice like they just beat Providence in January. I cant remember a team as focused as this one. They obviously have great on and off ice leadership and I expect them to win again in two weeks. Great job by Milner, too.
                        This.

Tommy is an excellent captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                          Congrats. Every year since 2000 I'm so impressed with what BC does in the latter 2/3rds of the season.

It's incredible. I was almost foolish enough to think the BC squad wasn't going to be strong w/o Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson.

It was looking pretty good for the rest of HE when you were 14-10...then Jerry and co did what they do. Just win. 17 in a row? Milner goes from shaky at best to all-world?

You have the best program in college hockey and they'll be a fifth star on the backs of the BC jerseys next season.

Enjoy this...it can't last forever, can it?
                          Thanks for the kind words. It won't last forever, but the ride is great. The kids love playing for Jerry and they respond to the teaching they receive. Especially Milner.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                            Larry, did they change your meds?
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Oh, and was that you who i saw when we were walking outside Fivehole12?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                                Not only those two... How about Gibbons, who was nasty all-around, and John Muse the 2-national title winning goaltender? Throw in Whitney and you have some serious departures. It's absurd they were able to win 31 games this year losing that even though they do reload continually. But it was a down year for college hockey which helped some I think.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X