Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

    Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    I see Maine and UMD punching themselves silly in the late game and the winner, playing a rested BC team the next day. Hopefully BC gets by AFA, not necessarily an easy game despite AFA being #16 seed.
    Air Force lost to Bentley and UConn this year. Don't kid yourself, they are a doorknob.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

      Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
      BC gets a punching bag in Air Force and a sagging UMD team. See you in Tampa.
      yup... i expect to see y'all there and be forced to leave the tampa barn early to avoid the whole trophy thing again.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

      Comment


      • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

        As much as I firmly believe that BC will be hoisting the Title in Tampa, don't discount any of the other Worcester teams especially Maine. I think yesterday they had a little less ooomph due to a combo of Abbott (personally I value Flynn more, but thinking of this as a loss mentally for them) getting injured Friday and knowing they didn't need the win. I think it would have been a much tougher game for BC if Maine required a win to get into the NCAAs.

        Hate that they are in the same regional. Would have preferred seeing both teams in Tampa.



        Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
        HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

          Abbott did not look good Friday night. Looked like he couldn't tell which way was up, very very scary. I can't imagine him playing but every head injury is different, for his sake I hope he doesn't force it.

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            That seems to be a recurring theme with Bridgeport now, especially with an ECAC team as the #1 seed. Now, Union is a good/very good team, but I still don't see them advancing to Tampa. I'd imagine Miami is thrilled with that bracket.
            I'd agree with that. IMO seeing stuff like this is where the Pairwise falls apart.

            (Note not so subtle complaint about the PWR!! )

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

              i dont mean to repeat but seriously, why weren't UML and Maine switched? Maine travels, we all know that so if it was for attendance, Maine will travel to Bridgeport too and UML less likely to do same, just makes no sense to me the way it was done. No disrespect to UML but , make the Bridgeport bracket stronger and put the Black Bears there . I think most would agree after what we saw that Maine is a better team than UML and they are close enough in the PWR that this could have been easily done. In fact UML is lower so it makes even more sense to put them with us..............
              *****

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                Is there any legal way to deny Gene DeFilippo attendance to the games this weekend? The worst, most boorish AD that BC has ever had.

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                  Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  i dont mean to repeat but seriously, why weren't UML and Maine switched? Maine travels, we all know that so if it was for attendance, Maine will travel to Bridgeport too and UML less likely to do same, just makes no sense to me the way it was done. No disrespect to UML but , make the Bridgeport bracket stronger and put the Black Bears there . I think most would agree after what we saw that Maine is a better team than UML and they are close enough in the PWR that this could have been easily done. In fact UML is lower so it makes even more sense to put them with us..............
                  The committee certainly showed a balance between bracket integrity and attendance concerns. I can tell you that in all the projections, UML was never thought to be an option in Worcester. It was either gonna be Maine or BU. Based off of bracket integrity for the 2-3 matchups, they went with 8-9 (Minny vs. BU) and 7-10 (UMD-Maine). UML was the lowest #3 so they were put against one of the higher 2 seeds.

                  Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                  Is there any legal way to deny Gene DeFilippo attendance to the games this weekend? The worst, most boorish AD that BC has ever had.
                  Well, I don't think he'll be there Saturday, right? Won't he be at the Garden?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                    Originally posted by J.D. View Post

                    Well, I don't think he'll be there Saturday, right? Won't he be at the Garden?
                    Agreed, I haven't heard what they're doing for the students but 2010 was an excellent deal. $30 I believe for tickets & a bus ride for both nights.

                    Hopefully we can bang that place out.


                    Also need to find a new BC bar in Worcester.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                      Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      The committee certainly showed a balance between bracket integrity and attendance concerns. I can tell you that in all the projections, UML was never thought to be an option in Worcester. It was either gonna be Maine or BU. Based off of bracket integrity for the 2-3 matchups, they went with 8-9 (Minny vs. BU) and 7-10 (UMD-Maine). UML was the lowest #3 so they were put against one of the higher 2 seeds.
                      thanks for 'splaining. I know UML wasnt ever thought to be going to Worcester but now that it's finalized, i thought it seemed them or BU would/should be in Worcester.
                      GDF doesn't know where Worcester or Manchester are (reason we never host) so no worries there.............
                      *****

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                        I know it's the absolute furthest thing from everyone's mind but according to the Ylae* thread we are hosting them next season for the return game after our Thanksgiving trip on January 5th

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                          Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          I know it's the absolute furthest thing from everyone's mind but according to the Ylae* thread we are hosting them next season for the return game after our Thanksgiving trip on January 5th
                          nice............a decent OOC game for a change.
                          *****

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                            Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            thanks for 'splaining. I know UML wasnt ever thought to be going to Worcester but now that it's finalized, i thought it seemed them or BU would/should be in Worcester.
                            Eh, if it were to come to a HE rematch, I'd still rather play Maine than everything that comes with having to play BU again. Considering UML lost in the QFs, I was thinking they might be the HE sent to play Minnesota, but the committee went with bracket integrity instead.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                              Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Eh, if it were to come to a HE rematch, I'd still rather play Maine.
                              I agree. Maine had one effective line on Saturday night and the coach rode them all night. You can't compete on a national level double shifting your top line. With BC rolling out Mullane, Carey and Gaudreau against Maine's third line, it's not surprising that line had a big night. I won't be surprised if they have another big night Saturday going against Air Force's third line.

                              To that point, BC with their depth and their #1 seed will be able to dictate match-ups all tournament.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                                I think BC did the same thing in 2004 against Maine in the last period, BC was gassed by the end of the game but Jimmy Howard was like a fortress, you couldn't get anything by him. He was a great college goalie and still playing in the NHL.

                                If BC can get the lead early on Sunday, that would help greatly, assuming we get by AFA.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

                                Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X