Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

    Just ran a PWR predictor with BC losing to Providence and all other teams in contention for a number one seed winning games...BC still finished #1 in the PWR. If there was ever a time where the Hockey East tournament didn't mean a whole lot, it would be this particular one. All I mean by that is there's really nothing to gain for BC in regard to national tournament implications.

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

      Well I think they'll win the semi game and the final a tossup. The teams are so close, I mean Maine beat them twice and BU is always a close game. But BC is hot right now despite not playing well in the UMass series. Hopefully, they'll get it together and play much better next weekend.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

      Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

      Comment


      • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

        Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Just ran a PWR predictor with BC losing to Providence and all other teams in contention for a number one seed winning games...BC still finished #1 in the PWR. If there was ever a time where the Hockey East tournament didn't mean a whole lot, it would be this particular one. All I mean by that is there's really nothing to gain for BC in regard to national tournament implications.
        Agreed can't remember it like this in a while.

        #1 concern has to be get Dumoulin healthy for the NCAAs

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

          In that case, I just hope they don't get into the bad habit of playing too loose and sloppy before the NCAAs. They need to play well in the tournament and win at least one game before the NCAAs where it's one and out.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

          Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Just ran a PWR predictor with BC losing to Providence and all other teams in contention for a number one seed winning games...BC still finished #1 in the PWR. If there was ever a time where the Hockey East tournament didn't mean a whole lot, it would be this particular one. All I mean by that is there's really nothing to gain for BC in regard to national tournament implications.
            At this stage, all the games now are one-and-done. So if BC is to have a 'Done' game, I would rather it be THIS weekend than at any point after that.

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

              Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              In that case, I just hope they don't get into the bad habit of playing too loose and sloppy before the NCAAs. They need to play well in the tournament and win at least one game before the NCAAs where it's one and out.
              The vast majority of the team remembers the CC debacle from last year, which ought to serve them well this year. I think BC was simply 'angry' at being shipped out on a plane somewhere and that ended up affecting their play. Ironic since BC scored the first goal before most fans were even in their seats.

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                Don't need to worry about anything nationally... let's go balls-out for a trophy.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14


                Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Don't need to worry about anything nationally... let's go balls-out for a trophy.
                  Er, well, what we do doesn't matter, but if UMD wins the WCHA, we fall to #2 no matter what.

                  Shenanigans.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14


                  Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                    Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Don't need to worry about anything nationally... let's go balls-out for a trophy.
                    I agree. By the way....rinse, wash, repeat, with this team winning tough battles and moving on in the playoffs, only to be criticized for not making it look pretty. News flash, this is playoff hockey, the other teams are pretty good. One thing matters. Didn't we all sing the "if they play like they did tonight they will be on the outside looking in" song in 2010? Sang that all the way to and from Ford Field I think.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                      Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Er, well, what we do doesn't matter, but if UMD wins the WCHA, we fall to #2 no matter what.

                      Shenanigans.
                      Which might not matter anyway if the CCHA still has two #1 and two #4 seeds. BC would get one of those CCHA teams in the first round.

                      Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                      I agree. By the way....rinse, wash, repeat, with this team winning tough battles and moving on in the playoffs, only to be criticized for not making it look pretty. News flash, this is playoff hockey, the other teams are pretty good. One thing matters. Didn't we all sing the "if they play like they did tonight they will be on the outside looking in" song in 2010? Sang that all the way to and from Ford Field I think.
                      Oh Kenny, just put a sock in it already. I think it's fair to say everyone is tired of reading this same old crap from you when the team doesn't play well but happens to win. What you fail to understand is (shocking) is that BC played at a much, much higher level in that FF than they did against Yale or against Maine. That's what everyone was saying they had to do in order to actually win the title.

                      UMass is not a good team. They played BC tough, but they aren't good. If you think BC can accomplish what they want by playing like they did against UMass...well, I don't know what to tell you.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                        Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        UMass is not a good team. They played BC tough, but they aren't good. If you think BC can accomplish what they want by playing like they did against UMass...well, I don't know what to tell you.
                        Friday after the blackout through about the 5 min mark of the 2nd period was some of the worst hockey I've seen BC play in a long time.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                          Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          Friday after the blackout through about the 5 min mark of the 2nd period was some of the worst hockey I've seen BC play in a long time.
                          But we're not allowed to point that out because BC won. God, I hate that mentality. This isn't about beating UMass, the #8 seed in the Hockey East QFs. It's about winning the whole **** thing.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            We got our revenge on BU in the Pot. Should BC get by PC, I'm really hoping for a shot at Maine in the finals.
                            I'm really hoping for a shot at BU...

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                              Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              But we're not allowed to point that out because BC won. God, I hate that mentality. This isn't about beating UMass, the #8 seed in the Hockey East QFs. It's about winning the whole **** thing.
                              There were positives from this weekend but on the whole these two games cause much more agita than they should've.

                              Lazy, sloppy passes in our own zone. Minimal offensive zone possession as shown by being outshot 11-1 for 18 minutes of the 2nd on Friday.

                              The biggest positive for me was Parker Milner. The amount of confidence compared to a month ago in a big spot is absurd. He made some huge saves this weekend in high pressured spots.

                              Another positive is Gaudreau (and more specifically his line). Amazing vision, solid offensive pressure, etc. He drew a (really multiple) penalty in each game under two minutes up a goal but neither were called.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                                Admittedly this past weekend's games were closer and uglier than they needed to be, but I think we all have to admit how many positives there have been for this team over the past month plus. Gaudreau fulfilling the promise of the early part of the year. The freshmen on the fourth line coming along, improving on a game by game basis. And most importantly, Milner turning the corner in a BIG way. Now I know that nobody is going to trust him until he does this when it counts the most, but there is reason for a level of optimism that would have seemed unthinkable at this season's half way point.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

                                Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

                                BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X