Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Season Thread: PART II

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

    Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    .....Mike Milbury

    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

      Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Exactly. Gentry, I wasn't the only one. Sure seemed like a "slam".
      I don't necessarily think it was a slam. It's part of the DNA of BU people to constantly try to compare themselves to BC. In the few instances they think they might trump BC, it's got to be mentioned. Simple science, really...

      Anyway, with BC using scanned tickets, reporting a sellout for last night, and having a reported attendance of less than Conte's capacity... would the logical conclusion not be that it WAS soldout, there were noshows, and BC reported actually tickets scanned?

      I've never seen any reputable source suggest that BC reports tickets sold rather than tickets scanned since moving to the new scanning devices across all revenue sports.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        I don't necessarily think it was a slam. It's part of the DNA of BU people to constantly try to compare themselves to BC. In the few instances they think they might trump BC, it's got to be mentioned. Simple science, really...

        Anyway, with BC using scanned tickets, reporting a sellout for last night, and having a reported attendance of less than Conte's capacity... would the logical conclusion not be that it WAS soldout, there were noshows, and BC reported actually tickets scanned?

        I've never seen any reputable source suggest that BC reports tickets sold rather than tickets scanned since moving to the new scanning devices across all revenue sports.
        They sent out an email yesterday that 50 tickets had become available.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

        Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

          Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          They sent out an email yesterday that 50 tickets had become available.
          hmmmm, dont believe i got that or if it came, i didnt read it but after reading and agreeing with Carmine's post (maybe we assumed that they counted tickets sold) the fact that they sent out that email suggests it was sold out and the explanation for the empty seats in the far corners suggests they count actual fannies in the seats. I dunno, i am really confused at this point though. In any event, Go Eagles tonight, another huge one
          *****

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

            Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            I don't necessarily think it was a slam. It's part of the DNA of BU people to constantly try to compare themselves to BC. In the few instances they think they might trump BC, it's got to be mentioned. Simple science, really...
            Please, you know me better than that....

            Anyway, with BC using scanned tickets, reporting a sellout for last night, and having a reported attendance of less than Conte's capacity... would the logical conclusion not be that it WAS soldout, there were noshows, and BC reported actually tickets scanned?

            I've never seen any reputable source suggest that BC reports tickets sold rather than tickets scanned since moving to the new scanning devices across all revenue sports.
            Without time (or energy lol) to make a lengthly analysis right now, if that is what happened last night, it is a change in practice. Look at the BC attendance figures the past few years. There were numerous times during this span where there is a "perfect" 7,884 posted. Don't tell me every single person showed up. Even if you say that they are counting media, SRO, etc., no way will that perfect figure be obtained so many times. Whereas the practice at Agganis in past years (since they have not been selling out this year) is to say during the games, "Tonight's attendance, 5803, a sellout." A tally far less than the 6224 capacity.

            I have no problem with an attendance sold figure, I just wish there was an uniform way in announcing them. I've already given enough time to something as mundane as attendance, its just worth mentioning since some around here brag about attendance like they were comparing the size of their *ahem*.

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

              Missed Jerry's 900th last night (bummer) but looking forward to tonight at Lawler. Tough place to scratch out a win but I think the Eagles have turned the corner. Love seeing games at the Mack but not crazy about the new assigned seating, although it's necessary given the sellouts. Preferred a few years ago when you could sit anywhere and follow the Eagles to their attacking zone each period.
              I hope a lot of Eagle fans bought tix from the BC box office to fill our section.
              Go Eagles!
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                There were numerous times during this span where there is a "perfect" 7,884 posted. Don't tell me every single person showed up. Even if you say that they are counting media, SRO, etc., no way will that perfect figure be obtained so many times.
                Sorry Gentry, but there's not a lot of hardcore logic based on this position. It's basically pure conjecture.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                  Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  It's part of the DNA of BU people to constantly try to compare themselves to BC. In the few instances they think they might trump BC, it's got to be mentioned. Simple science, really...
                  Now that their season's over, expect to see that sort of drivel a lot on here.
                  1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

                  Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

                  B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                    Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Sorry Gentry, but there's not a lot of hardcore logic based on this position. It's basically pure conjecture.
                    whatever our attendance may be, neither will travel as well as uhn or umo!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                      Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Missed Jerry's 900th last night (bummer) but looking forward to tonight at Lawler. Tough place to scratch out a win but I think the Eagles have turned the corner. Love seeing games at the Mack but not crazy about the new assigned seating, although it's necessary given the sellouts. Preferred a few years ago when you could sit anywhere and follow the Eagles to their attacking zone each period.
                      I hope a lot of Eagle fans bought tix from the BC box office to fill our section.
                      Go Eagles!
                      Game tied after 2 periods, 1-1.

                      P*** poor effort in the 2nd period by BC. They need to get it together in the 3rd period and come out with intensity. Tying goal when Hayes turned the puck over. Looking for them to generate offense in the 3rd period.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

                      Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                        BC hangs on to win, 2-1. Weekend sweep over MC. BU down in 3rd period to UML 3-1.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

                        Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                          Well, well, well...look who very quietly has surged to the top of the HE standings. Of the five teams competing for home ice, BC is the only team to collect four points this weekend. Can't ask for much more than that.

                          My father either listened/watched online and he is not happy with Dennehy/the MC players. Anybody go...what gives? I don't see any outrageous PIM totals or BS at the end of the game...anything happen?

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Well, well, well...look who very quietly has surged to the top of the HE standings. Of the five teams competing for home ice, BC is the only team to collect four points this weekend. Can't ask for much more than that.

                            My father either listened/watched online and he is not happy with Dennehy/the MC players. Anybody go...what gives? I don't see any outrageous PIM totals or BS at the end of the game...anything happen?
                            And easily #2 in the country. I would wager that FSU & BC split all the first-place votes between them. No others need apply.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                              Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              My father either listened/watched online and he is not happy with Dennehy/the MC players. Anybody go...what gives? I don't see any outrageous PIM totals or BS at the end of the game...anything happen?
                              I was there. Bigos is a j.a.c.k.a.s.s. Mack was just as hackish as they always are.
                              Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                              And easily #2 in the country. I would wager that FSU & BC split all the first-place votes between them. No others need apply.
                              Michigan would disagree... To me there's finally been some separation at the top, between BC, FSU, and Mich.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14


                              Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College Season Thread: PART II

                                Any news on Kerfoot whos tearing up the BCHL, last heard his final 3 schools were BC, Harvard,and Yale. Would be a very nice recruit addition

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X