Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied
    Re: BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Yes, they certainly can. That's not what I was getting at. I was under the impression that UNH was referring to BC in the title of this thread, given that it's a game thread between UNH and BC. Unless I was mistaken and the thread starter was thinking that the BU fans would come in here and "douse gasoline." Which is entirely possible, but I just didn't see it that way. If that was the intent, my apologies, and carry on. However, if the UNH fan that started this thread was calling BC fans "fanboys" I think you need to object!
    Interesting. I never even looked at it this way. When I see "fanboy" there is only one thing that comes to mind: limp-wristed man-huggers with their faces painted red and white that hate BC because they got a thin white envelope from Chestnut Hill. It wasn't even conceivable to me that this could be about BC fans. If so, yes, the starter of this thread should be reprimanded harshly. I guess I just assumed that there would be nothing interesting in this thread unless the fansies from BU came to talk smack to BC fans and liven it up (or I could just bring up the fact that Mike Ayers stunk in March/April and watch the hillbillies melt down, drool, and blurt out "Clemmensen" in a Pavlovian response).

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Dope.
    Of course, I went to BU...

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    pot...kettle.
    Dope.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Does anyone know what radio station carry the BC hockey games?
    I don't believe the games are broadcast on the radio this year. On-line only.

Leave a comment:

• BCeagle
    replied

Does anyone know what radio station carry the BC hockey games?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Scarlet, I think you already realize that the roads scholar who came up with 'douse gasoline' isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
    All the more reason to ream him/her out on the incorrect usage of the term! Jeez Jack, you should know better!!

'ewe - he did that correctly. That was a term from before your time.

Leave a comment:

• bostonewe
    replied

Scarlet, I think you already realize that the roads scholar who came up with 'douse gasoline' isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
    pot...kettle.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Yes, they certainly can. That's not what I was getting at. I was under the impression that UNH was referring to BC in the title of this thread, given that it's a game thread between UNH and BC. Unless I was mistaken and the thread starter was thinking that the BU fans would come in here and "douse gasoline." Which is entirely possible, but I just didn't see it that way. If that was the intent, my apologies, and carry on. However, if the UNH fan that started this thread was calling BC fans "fanboys" I think you need to object!

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    scarlet, what's up babe!?

Here's the deal. Fanboy is a concept that simply can, has, and will be used as a way to identify the limp-wristed, face-painting fansies at BU. Truth be told, it wasn't a BC person that called them fanboys the first time. UNH fans reserve the right to use the term when discussing all of BU's lame fans. Sorry to disappoint you.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

scarlet, what's up babe!?

Here's the deal. Fanboy is a concept that simply can, has, and will be used as a way to identify the limp-wristed, face-painting fansies at BU. Truth be told, it wasn't a BC person that called them fanboys the first time. UNH fans reserve the right to use the term when discussing all of BU's lame fans. Sorry to disappoint you.

Leave a comment:

• RockTheWhit
    replied

This week's BC-UNH matchup definitely has a different feel from the last few years. Expectations are down for both teams, and both have had early season struggles. Both are young and suffered losses to their recruiting classes, although BC has way more upside than this UNH club does. For both, goaltending and team defense have been question marks early on and thus I expect a high scoring back and forth game on Friday on the big sheet. I'm looking forward to getting my first live look at the high touted BC freshmen class(particularly Kreider, Whitney and Dumoulin). Sorry about the loss of Kenny Ryan.
    Last time these two met, BC came away with a sweep at the Whittemore Center in the Hockey East Quarters, with the deciding game a 1-0 final. Hopefully(and I expect), this one will be vastly different.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I really think the BC defense is susceptible to youthful mistakes but overall they are all very solid. BC's forwards are playing almost as I expected, no one really killing it but spread out scoring.

Questions on forward seem to be answered --> Can Whitney come back into freshman form? Seems as if he will. Can Smith get back into freshman and sophomore form? Seems as if he will at least be better than last year. That bodes well.

Questions on defense seem to be answered --> Is Cross healthy? Yes and he looks very good. Can he stay healthy, however? Can Sneep put it together? He certainly looked great last Friday night. Not sure where he'll go. But the freshmen look great, Dumoulin looks good. Wey is ok but has made some mistakes. Samuelsson looks good although he does get pushed around a bit.

Questions on goaltending --> ***? Muse came back earlier than expected. He also looks like Mikey Ayers in April. Milner didn't look very good at all on Friday night but then again he had no chance on a few of those goals and did make a monumental kick save in the last minute.

BC's issues will be the PP and goaltending. If they get that figured out, put BC in Detroit. If not, forget about it.

I like BC in this one, but just barely. Look for Kreider to make use of the extra ice, that kid is the best skater I've ever seen.

Doesn't look like I'll be attending up in Hillbilly Land, so I hope all of my friends up there are doing well and keeping it real.

Wake me up when it's March...
    Hi Nick,
    Can you please inform the UNH faithful that "fanboys" is a term reserved for dissing the BU fanbase by you guys and that they need to cease using it?

'kthxbye!
    Love,
    Scarlet

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

I really think the BC defense is susceptible to youthful mistakes but overall they are all very solid. BC's forwards are playing almost as I expected, no one really killing it but spread out scoring.

Questions on forward seem to be answered --> Can Whitney come back into freshman form? Seems as if he will. Can Smith get back into freshman and sophomore form? Seems as if he will at least be better than last year. That bodes well.

Questions on defense seem to be answered --> Is Cross healthy? Yes and he looks very good. Can he stay healthy, however? Can Sneep put it together? He certainly looked great last Friday night. Not sure where he'll go. But the freshmen look great, Dumoulin looks good. Wey is ok but has made some mistakes. Samuelsson looks good although he does get pushed around a bit.

Questions on goaltending --> ***? Muse came back earlier than expected. He also looks like Mikey Ayers in April. Milner didn't look very good at all on Friday night but then again he had no chance on a few of those goals and did make a monumental kick save in the last minute.

BC's issues will be the PP and goaltending. If they get that figured out, put BC in Detroit. If not, forget about it.

I like BC in this one, but just barely. Look for Kreider to make use of the extra ice, that kid is the best skater I've ever seen.

Doesn't look like I'll be attending up in Hillbilly Land, so I hope all of my friends up there are doing well and keeping it real.

Wake me up when it's March...
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-04-2009, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• thecomicbookguy
    replied

I don't know much about BC this year, but my hunch is that their forwards will do better against our D than vice versa. I'm thinking BC wins, 5-2.

Originally posted by UNHSince1969 View Post
    I'm avoiding that place like the plague this weekend. They've had some real doozies down there lately.
    UNH was 1-1 there last year. The first game was pretty bad (8-3 loss), but Foster posted a shutout a few weeks later. We've seen some bad losses there, and I think those stick out in our heads, but I don't think the Tsongas has been as bad as, say, Matthews from 2000-2003 or Alfond until a couple of years ago. I would not be surprised if UNH's record at Tsongas was around .500 (if not better).

I think the bigger problem for UNH is that Lowell is better than last year (at the very least, "as good as"), while UNH is worse.

Leave a comment:

• UNHhockey29
    replied

Originally posted by UNHSince1969 View Post
    I'm avoiding that place like the plague this weekend. They've had some real doozies down there lately.
    Can't be much worse than what I sat through this past weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X