Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Muse stood on head
    To save fanboys instead
    Of historic fall into pit
    In first meeting at Lake Whitt
    Now time for bed
    Last edited by Snively65; 11-06-2009, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Well, that was interesting. Usually, we're on the wrong side of blowing a 3-0 1st period lead. Nice to see the team not give up in the third period and fight their way back to snatch a point.
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

BC powerplays
        Carried them only so far;
        A-MUSE-ing third frame!
        sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Muse certainly was the game saver for the Eagles, especially in the final minute of OT. UNH had a great flurry of shots that he stood his ground on and kicked out. Give UNH credit for climbing back into the game. I thought Sneep's 2nd goal was def. the dagger but it was still early, and I was proven wrong. BC was lucky to escape with just the one point tonight.
          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            Another roads scholar. Was one of your hands in your PJs when you composed this gem?
            When I read this post I immediately thought of Woody asking Frasier (the Rhodes scholar) why the stuff they use to fill potholes is always darker than the rest of the road.
            Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
            2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              Funny, I always thought these were opposites: Redneck & Dooshbaggery. I think you're slipping a little, Steve.
              Yeah its like combining UNH AND BC

Comment

nice comeback. reminded me of the HE game from a few seasons ago. We've come along way to now fretting about 'giving back a point' at the whitt. i compiled these stats for the bc board

from 96-97 through the current season BC is 18-23-7 vs UNH, those splits include 7-8-5 at home, 6-14-2 on the road, and 5-1 at neutral sites (7-1 overall in playoffs).

to arbitrarily divide that period in half, from 96-97 through 02-03, BC was 1-9 on the road and 4-5-2 at home and 2-1 at neutral sites. while from 03-04 to the present season, BC has been 5-5-2 on the road, 3-3-1 at home, and 3-0 at neutral sites.
                at some point, i'll dig up my media guy and go back past 96-97 (the last 'bad team') and make that 1-10 look even worse (think it was like 1-16 or something). Overall, I think its more of an indictment of worse UNH teams than it is better BC teams to explain how they even got those last 5 wins up there.
                Last edited by SteveF; 11-07-2009, 01:53 PM.
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                  Gee, it's almost like this is a thread about an upcoming UNH/BC game.

(And apparently you ignored all the UML talk in here. Good job.)
                  I'm glad to be ignored...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                  X