Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

B.I.T.C.H you never saw that coming..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
      At sporting events, fans will come to expect some loud fans shouting "Go B.I.T.C.H. Go!" or "Stop 'Em B.I.T.C.H."
      The problem with this thoughtful idea is that this part I quoted is something that brings you right back to square one. If BC fans were to "swear" like this at games, which is something that BU fans are widely known for (ironically something that does set them apart!), the two schools are back to being difficult to differentiate between in your world (considering they already do have different names). As a former roomate of mine once said, "you just walked a mile to eat crap."

Nice effort though.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        UNH was 1-1 there last year. The first game was pretty bad (8-3 loss), but Foster posted a shutout a few weeks later. We've seen some bad losses there, and I think those stick out in our heads, but I don't think the Tsongas has been as bad as, say, Matthews from 2000-2003 or Alfond until a couple of years ago. I would not be surprised if UNH's record at Tsongas was around .500 (if not better).

I think the bigger problem for UNH is that Lowell is better than last year (at the very least, "as good as"), while UNH is worse.
        I know this doesn't have anything to do with BC/UNH, but since you did mention it …

You're pretty much right. UNH has had some bad losses at home, I personally loved the 7-0 and 8-3 wins by Lowell , but overall UNH is 8-4-4 at Tsongas since the 98/99 season. I couldn't find the 97/98 season, if UNH played at Tsongas after it opened.

The first 6 years, UNH just dominated, 5-0-3 at Lowell, 29 GF, 23 GA. But Lowell's been better the last 5 years (since 04/05), with a 4-3-1 record and a 29-21 GF/GA.

I'm hoping that UNH will see what other teams have so far this year, an actual home-ice advantage for Lowell.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          I know this doesn't have anything to do with BC/UNH, but since you did mention it …

You're pretty much right. UNH has had some bad losses at home, I personally loved the 7-0 and 8-3 wins by Lowell , but overall UNH is 8-4-4 at Tsongas since the 98/99 season. I couldn't find the 97/98 season, if UNH played at Tsongas after it opened.

The first 6 years, UNH just dominated, 5-0-3 at Lowell, 29 GF, 23 GA. But Lowell's been better the last 5 years (since 04/05), with a 4-3-1 record and a 29-21 GF/GA.

I'm hoping that UNH will see what other teams have so far this year, an actual home-ice advantage for Lowell.
          UNH was blanked 3-0 in their only appearance at the Tsongas at the end of the regular season that year, part of their 6 out of 7 losses stretch before the NCAA's... Nolan was flattened from behind by some goon and taken to the hospital (no penalty on the play) in the middle of that game...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            The problem with this thoughtful idea is that this part I quoted is something that brings you right back to square one. If BC fans were to "swear" like this at games, which is something that BU fans are widely known for (ironically something that does set them apart!), the two schools are back to being difficult to differentiate between in your world (considering they already do have different names). As a former roomate of mine once said, "you just walked a mile to eat crap."

Nice effort though.
            It was still (unusually) funny for a change...

I've seen few things as funny as last year at BC when the students had all of the 'positive' signs up early on. It was simply hilarious (and I hear a lot of cursing behind me from the students when I'm standing on the landing at Conte, always have... though no more than any other school (that actually has good fan turnout) and far less than UMass/UVM and UNH

Comment

This brings up the further interesting point of confusion amongst many folks around the nation who tend to confuse Boston College (BC) with Boston University (BU). Their names are a bit similar, they're located in roughly the same area.

I propose that BC, since it actually isn't a college at all, but indeed a university (colleges are simply a part of a much larger university's system...such as a College of Liberal Arts, College of Arts & Letters, etc.) that BC should change its name to something more accurate. I think They should be re-named the Boston Institute of Technology, Commerce, and Humanities. Of course, all of the B.I.T.C.H. students will be expected to uphold the highest B.I.T.C.H standards that have already been set by current BC students, and will also be expected to grow the level of B.I.T.C.H-iness that their forefathers set before them. At sporting events, fans will come to expect some loud fans shouting "Go B.I.T.C.H. Go!" or "Stop 'Em B.I.T.C.H." Imagine a Saturday night, Conte Forum full of some 5,000 or so B.I.T.C.H. fans, and the B.I.T.C.H. band plays the B.I.T.C.H. fight song (which will remain unchanged since it's so ingrained into, and expressive of, the B.I.T.C.H culture)

In conclusion, BC fans should unite and stand behind a school that more accurately describes what they stand for, what they believe in, and most of all...what they do best. B.I.T.C.H.

speaking of acting like a B.I.T.C.H at a hockey game

*****http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v213/14/19/1602915/n1602915_34347440_404.jpg******

picasso called, he wants his scream back.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                picasso called, he wants his scream back.
                Munch. Cripes!
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                  UNH was blanked 3-0 in their only appearance at the Tsongas at the end of the regular season that year, part of their 6 out of 7 losses stretch before the NCAA's... Nolan was flattened from behind by some goon and taken to the hospital (no penalty on the play) in the middle of that game...
                  Goon? Couldn't be a Lowell player then.

Thanks Gibber. That catches up UNH's record at Lowell then ... UNH is 8-5-4 at Tsongas all time, 50 GF, 49 GA.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

fail. in my defense, art is stupid
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

All aboard the failboat, Steve. Although that still is pretty funny.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This brings up the further interesting point of confusion amongst many folks around the nation who tend to confuse Boston College (BC) with Boston University (BU). Their names are a bit similar, they're located in roughly the same area.

I propose that BC, since it actually isn't a college at all, but indeed a university (colleges are simply a part of a much larger university's system...such as a College of Liberal Arts, College of Arts & Letters, etc.) that BC should change its name to something more accurate. I think They should be re-named the Boston Institute of Technology, Commerce, and Humanities. Of course, all of the B.I.T.C.H. students will be expected to uphold the highest B.I.T.C.H standards that have already been set by current BC students, and will also be expected to grow the level of B.I.T.C.H-iness that their forefathers set before them. At sporting events, fans will come to expect some loud fans shouting "Go B.I.T.C.H. Go!" or "Stop 'Em B.I.T.C.H." Imagine a Saturday night, Conte Forum full of some 5,000 or so B.I.T.C.H. fans, and the B.I.T.C.H. band plays the B.I.T.C.H. fight song (which will remain unchanged since it's so ingrained into, and expressive of, the B.I.T.C.H culture)

In conclusion, BC fans should unite and stand behind a school that more accurately describes what they stand for, what they believe in, and most of all...what they do best. B.I.T.C.H.
                        Another roads scholar. Was one of your hands in your PJs when you composed this gem?
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

You're pretty much right.
                          Every once in a while (a very, very long while), I actually know what I'm talking about.
                          Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                          -Fred Shero

Comment

Goon? Couldn't be a Lowell player then.

Thanks Gibber. That catches up UNH's record at Lowell then ... UNH is 8-5-4 at Tsongas all time, 50 GF, 49 GA.
                            'then' it absolutly could be, they were pretty bad then, and worse the following year, as I've recounted on many occasions on here, specific stories from players themselves
                            not so much now though, they can actually play hockey

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              Another roads scholar. Was one of your hands in your PJs when you composed this gem?

You B.I.T.C.H., you.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                you're just grumpy. It was pretty dang funny, had it been the other way around, you'd have been 2nd in line to give kudos

Comment

Working...
                                X