Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Yes, they certainly can. That's not what I was getting at. I was under the impression that UNH was referring to BC in the title of this thread, given that it's a game thread between UNH and BC. Unless I was mistaken and the thread starter was thinking that the BU fans would come in here and "douse gasoline." Which is entirely possible, but I just didn't see it that way. If that was the intent, my apologies, and carry on. However, if the UNH fan that started this thread was calling BC fans "fanboys" I think you need to object!
    Scarlet, I think you already realize that the roads scholar who came up with 'douse gasoline' isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      Scarlet, I think you already realize that the roads scholar who came up with 'douse gasoline' isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
      pot...kettle.

Comment

All the more reason to ream him/her out on the incorrect usage of the term! Jeez Jack, you should know better!!

'ewe - he did that correctly. That was a term from before your time.

Comment

Does anyone know what radio station carry the BC hockey games?
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
            I don't believe the games are broadcast on the radio this year. On-line only.
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              pot...kettle.
              Dope.

Comment

Dope.
                Of course, I went to BU...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Yes, they certainly can. That's not what I was getting at. I was under the impression that UNH was referring to BC in the title of this thread, given that it's a game thread between UNH and BC. Unless I was mistaken and the thread starter was thinking that the BU fans would come in here and "douse gasoline." Which is entirely possible, but I just didn't see it that way. If that was the intent, my apologies, and carry on. However, if the UNH fan that started this thread was calling BC fans "fanboys" I think you need to object!
                  Interesting. I never even looked at it this way. When I see "fanboy" there is only one thing that comes to mind: limp-wristed man-huggers with their faces painted red and white that hate BC because they got a thin white envelope from Chestnut Hill. It wasn't even conceivable to me that this could be about BC fans. If so, yes, the starter of this thread should be reprimanded harshly. I guess I just assumed that there would be nothing interesting in this thread unless the fansies from BU came to talk smack to BC fans and liven it up (or I could just bring up the fact that Mike Ayers stunk in March/April and watch the hillbillies melt down, drool, and blurt out "Clemmensen" in a Pavlovian response).
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                    Of course, I went to BU...
                    Ask Scarlet to tell you the story. It's a classic 'old days' board legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      scarlet, what's up babe!?

Here's the deal. Fanboy is a concept that simply can, has, and will be used as a way to identify the limp-wristed, face-painting fansies at BU. Truth be told, it wasn't a BC person that called them fanboys the first time. UNH fans reserve the right to use the term when discussing all of BU's lame fans. Sorry to disappoint you.
                      I dunno, I was under the impression it was used to identify with the fans of Steve's favorite teams' rivals (always refers to Sox and BU fans as fanboys)....

Comment

Doesn't look like I'll be attending up in Hillbilly Land, so I hope all of my friends up there are doing well and keeping it real.
                        I think you're getting old.
                        UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          No Radio. Internet only but I believe this Friday night is on NESN.
                          sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                            I'm looking forward to getting my first live look at the high touted BC freshmen class(particularly Kreider, Whitney and Dumoulin).
                            Keep an eye on #11 Pat Mullane also. Strong on his skates. Centers Carey-LW and Hayes-RW, a very strong 4th line.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Interesting. I never even looked at it this way. When I see "fanboy" there is only one thing that comes to mind: limp-wristed man-huggers with their faces painted red and white that hate BC because they got a thin white envelope from Chestnut Hill. It wasn't even conceivable to me that this could be about BC fans. If so, yes, the starter of this thread should be reprimanded harshly. I guess I just assumed that there would be nothing interesting in this thread unless the fansies from BU came to talk smack to BC fans and liven it up (or I could just bring up the fact that Mike Ayers stunk in March/April and watch the hillbillies melt down, drool, and blurt out "Clemmensen" in a Pavlovian response).
                              This brings up the further interesting point of confusion amongst many folks around the nation who tend to confuse Boston College (BC) with Boston University (BU). Their names are a bit similar, they're located in roughly the same area.

I propose that BC, since it actually isn't a college at all, but indeed a university (colleges are simply a part of a much larger university's system...such as a College of Liberal Arts, College of Arts & Letters, etc.) that BC should change its name to something more accurate. I think They should be re-named the Boston Institute of Technology, Commerce, and Humanities. Of course, all of the B.I.T.C.H. students will be expected to uphold the highest B.I.T.C.H standards that have already been set by current BC students, and will also be expected to grow the level of B.I.T.C.H-iness that their forefathers set before them. At sporting events, fans will come to expect some loud fans shouting "Go B.I.T.C.H. Go!" or "Stop 'Em B.I.T.C.H." Imagine a Saturday night, Conte Forum full of some 5,000 or so B.I.T.C.H. fans, and the B.I.T.C.H. band plays the B.I.T.C.H. fight song (which will remain unchanged since it's so ingrained into, and expressive of, the B.I.T.C.H culture)

In conclusion, BC fans should unite and stand behind a school that more accurately describes what they stand for, what they believe in, and most of all...what they do best. B.I.T.C.H.
                              A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

wow irish wow

Comment

Working...
                                X