Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveF
    replied
    Re: BC @ UNH 11/6/09 Will the fanboys douse gasoline on this thread?

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    you're just grumpy. It was pretty dang funny, had it been the other way around, you'd have been 2nd in line to give kudos
    call it the watered down state of USCHO, but I didnt think it was funny at all. It strikes me as a generic cookie-cutter joke that could be made about any school (technology commerce and hummanities? really?). there was nothing remotely relevant to BC or its program other than the use of the word 'Boston' (zomg! not in boston!!). Its also mildly ironic that a UNH fan indicting other fanbases for complaining. Somehow I dont think that was the intended angle. maybe my creativity standards are just too high or I long too much for the days of old.

how about
    the Durham University of National Championship Envy, or
    the New England Redneck Dooshbaggery School, or
    the Hillbilly Institute of Cousin Kissing

just to name a few off the top of my head.
    Last edited by SteveF; 11-06-2009, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

Originally posted by unh_hockey View Post
    This has to be a joke. No one can be this dumb....
    Yes he can.

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

bill, my smugness is not tied to the success of my hockey team of which i have no impact on. thanks for the warning though. boy do i hate comeuppance.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
    you're just grumpy. It was pretty dang funny, had it been the other way around, you'd have been 2nd in line to give kudos
    ..agree, that was witty & very funny by IrishWildcat. I laughed for quite awhile

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

billb forgot to take his meds again.

Leave a comment:

• unh_hockey
    replied

Originally posted by billb View Post
    The sad part about this thread to me is the underlying smugness on the part of the UNH fans and the BC fans. UMass Amherst, UML, and Merrimack are three outstanding teams this year, and for the fans of UNH and BC (BU notwithstanding) to be exchanging barbs as if the traditional power structure in HE is as always is very distasteful to me. Dickie Boy and Jerry are going to eat their share of crow this year. I see no hardware for either squad, but I see the glee in the faces in the heretofore unheralded programs as they trash the traditionally successful outfits.
    This has to be a joke. No one can be this dumb....

Leave a comment:

• thecomicbookguy
    replied

Originally posted by billb View Post
    The sad part about this thread to me is the underlying smugness on the part of the UNH fans and the BC fans. UMass Amherst, UML, and Merrimack are three outstanding teams this year, and for the fans of UNH and BC (BU notwithstanding) to be exchanging barbs as if the traditional power structure in HE is as always is very distasteful to me. Dickie Boy and Jerry are going to eat their share of crow this year. I see no hardware for either squad, but I see the glee in the faces in the heretofore unheralded programs as they trash the traditionally successful outfits.
    Gee, it's almost like this is a thread about an upcoming UNH/BC game.

(And apparently you ignored all the UML talk in here. Good job.)

Leave a comment:

• billb
    replied

Last edited by billb; 11-05-2009, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gibber
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Another roads scholar. Was one of your hands in your PJs when you composed this gem?

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Another roads scholar. Was one of your hands in your PJs when you composed this gem?

You B.I.T.C.H., you.

Leave a comment:

• Gibber
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Goon? Couldn't be a Lowell player then.

Thanks Gibber. That catches up UNH's record at Lowell then ... UNH is 8-5-4 at Tsongas all time, 50 GF, 49 GA.
    'then' it absolutly could be, they were pretty bad then, and worse the following year, as I've recounted on many occasions on here, specific stories from players themselves
    not so much now though, they can actually play hockey

Leave a comment:

• thecomicbookguy
    replied

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I know this doesn't have anything to do with BC/UNH, but since you did mention it …

You're pretty much right.
    Every once in a while (a very, very long while), I actually know what I'm talking about.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
    This brings up the further interesting point of confusion amongst many folks around the nation who tend to confuse Boston College (BC) with Boston University (BU). Their names are a bit similar, they're located in roughly the same area.

I propose that BC, since it actually isn't a college at all, but indeed a university (colleges are simply a part of a much larger university's system...such as a College of Liberal Arts, College of Arts & Letters, etc.) that BC should change its name to something more accurate. I think They should be re-named the Boston Institute of Technology, Commerce, and Humanities. Of course, all of the B.I.T.C.H. students will be expected to uphold the highest B.I.T.C.H standards that have already been set by current BC students, and will also be expected to grow the level of B.I.T.C.H-iness that their forefathers set before them. At sporting events, fans will come to expect some loud fans shouting "Go B.I.T.C.H. Go!" or "Stop 'Em B.I.T.C.H." Imagine a Saturday night, Conte Forum full of some 5,000 or so B.I.T.C.H. fans, and the B.I.T.C.H. band plays the B.I.T.C.H. fight song (which will remain unchanged since it's so ingrained into, and expressive of, the B.I.T.C.H culture)

In conclusion, BC fans should unite and stand behind a school that more accurately describes what they stand for, what they believe in, and most of all...what they do best. B.I.T.C.H.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

All aboard the failboat, Steve. Although that still is pretty funny.

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

fail. in my defense, art is stupid

Leave a comment:

Working...
X