Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    I'd complain to their face in a heartbeat. I love that you, "Priceless", are ranting about anonymity........that's just precious! You are free to use your REAL name as your username if you wish.
    Most people know my real name, but I can't use it as a username here because one of you trolls already registered it.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Most people know my real name, but I can't use it as a username here because one of you trolls already registered it.
      someone had a little forsight... not a bad thing

Comment

Whitehead for Penrose!

Feel better?

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
          Whitehead for Penrose!

Feel better?
          Didnt Maine's off ice problems end about the time Corkum showed up? Didnt Maine's work ethic improve about the time Corkum showed up?

Coincidence ? I would think not.
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

"One of you trolls"........pot meet kettle.

Comment

Need two wins or the season is over.
              When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                As well as Whitehead's career at UM. Either way we win!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  someone had a little forsight... not a bad thing
                  Forsythe?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                    Didnt Maine's off ice problems end about the time Corkum showed up? Didnt Maine's work ethic improve about the time Corkum showed up?

Coincidence ? I would think not.
                    So, as soon as those albatrosses Guy Perron and Grant Standbrook left? Riiight.

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                    Not really. They'd be in the same boat as Northern Michigan: sitting squarely on the bubble letting someone else decide their fate. The CCHA playoffs would become a lot more meaningful.

But I expect to see them playing in Boston next weekend.

Comment

So, as soon as those albatrosses Guy Perron and Grant Standbrook left? Riiight.

Not really. They'd be in the same boat as Northern Michigan: sitting squarely on the bubble letting someone else decide their fate. The CCHA playoffs would become a lot more meaningful.

But I expect to see them playing in Boston next weekend.
                      no... I am pretty sure Whitehead realized that he could use the skills and strengths of his assistants.

I betcha dollars to donuts that he never told Corkum to shut up in the locker room or on the ice like he did at least one of the "albatrosses".

so, a couple years after Corkum showed up, whitehead started using HIM for his strengths... this was not over night... heck the team didn't do much with Nyquist if you remember.
                      Last edited by KnowItAll; 03-09-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

This thread is almost toast. Thoughts on title for new thread at this very critical junture of the season....?
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          This thread is almost toast. Thoughts on title for new thread at this very critical junture of the season....?
                          The Return of the Internuts

Comment

UMass fell of the cliff and Maine's still 9.....

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                              "One of you trolls"........pot meet kettle.
                              After a half a dozen user names that have been banned, pot meet kettle fits pretty well
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Fun time in Alfond, pretty vocal crowd. Maine had the edge for most of the game. Haven't seen them play this physically in years. I hope the kid that Swavely hit is ok, I couldn't see the actual hit but someone told me it was brutal and very cheap? If so doubt Swavely plays tomorrow. Not sure when Joey figures out he is needed on the ice and not in the box, that was one sweet goal as was Kyles. I think Canata must have started to move for the pass when Kyle let it go. That line of Mangene, Beattie and Shamansky had a great shift with about 5 minutes left in the game, folks were out of gas but that was one great shift. Sully made the saves he should have and a few that changed the game for Maine. Cornell had a heck of a game
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X