Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine - 2011-2012 Season Thread (cont) - Beating Back the Internuts ?

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Maine is BACK!!!!!!
    Based on your previous posts I would assume that this is a sarcastic comment. If it's not, please say so. I wouldn't go so far as to say Maine is back, but there is no denying how much this team has developed since the beginning of the year. A win tomorrow night would be great, but winning two points is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
      oh, is abbott back at the point on the PP?
      if you watched the game he wasn't, he rotated back when Mangene went deep, you really need to watch the full games and play before you comment. Let me guess it was his fault that they had the short handed break??

How about his 2 points tn again?? He making you eat your words yet??

I think Whitehead has to get some credit now, a tie vs MC that we shoulda won on a blown call, a sweep vs BC, and first game win vs BU where we are 16-4-5 in the last bunch of games. He has the boys playing hard, and Sully is coming up big!

Comment

Much more thorough in the win tonight than either win over BC. Maine really was taking it to them in the 2nd as well when we got the lead, and then Jackie hit the switch for the power failure. Maine was flat after the restart, but came out in the 3rd.

And probably one of the more pleasant parts of this game for all of us internet nutcases, was after the go-ahead goal Maine continued to forecheck and pressure. Rarely at the end do you see BU play watching hockey, but they were after the empty netter. Did not see what happened to Diamond, but it was during the 4 on 4 I saw him drop his stick and skate off.

Sullivan was 1st star in the arena tonight, his huge save on the shorthanded breakaway and the reach behind his head to stop another were huge moments for Maine. Good to see other players continuing to contribute, Parker will be a player that backhand goal he scored was a snipe and he plays a very physical style.

Like last week Maine will have to survive an onslaught at the start tomorrow night as Jackie can't be happy! Man it's fun to finally have some quality wins. 4th game in a row that you have seen a total team effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Based on your previous posts I would assume that this is a sarcastic comment. If it's not, please say so. I wouldn't go so far as to say Maine is back, but there is no denying how much this team has developed since the beginning of the year. A win tomorrow night would be great, but winning two points is huge.
          I don't know, Sandiego seems to be bipolar

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post

Comment

File this one away. ONE BU power play. ONE. And the call that resulted in the winner wasn't a penalty. Clearly Timmy disconnected the button and sent a bigger check.

Nice win. Tomorrow is another day.

BU Hockey: Deep thoughts
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                Not bipolar......just enjoying the moment.

Comment

This team is messing with my head.

Had this run happened in '09, it would have represented a welcome return to Maine hockey...

Right now, I don't know what to make of it.

Comment

The defense still sucks. Prior giving the puck away on multiple occasions, Hegarty can't connect a single pass, O'Neill has regressed, etc. I'm pumped for Maine winning some big hockey games, but I'm being realistic.

Comment

Parker doesn't have the refs in his pocket, he has a light switch.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Awesome win, its interesting that Tim changed lineups, changed PP and the team has been significantly better. A ton of credit has to go to Sully, he has been steady, making saves he should and a few game changers to boot. Kudos to him.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Awesome win, its interesting that Tim changed lineups, changed PP and the team has been significantly better. A ton of credit has to go to Sully, he has been steady, making saves he should and a few game changers to boot. Kudos to him.
                          And I assume, based on your comment, that a ton of credit also has to go to Coach Whitehead?

topshelf

Comment

Originally posted by topshelf View Post
                            And I assume, based on your comment, that a ton of credit also has to go to Coach Whitehead?

Yes, I believe it does. The problem is I've watched 5 years of him sitting on his hands doing nothing or doing the same things over and over again. So is it a blind squirrel finding a nut or?
                            Last edited by walrus; 01-28-2012, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Jackies phuming pizzed off....he even reverted to pulling the plug on the whole gd building....holy crapola

Didjou hear big Lar calling BU a buncha divers all night? Have the dawgs learned from Jerry the art of Gionting? Jackies ruining the game I tell ya.

Tonight, Louganis will be prould.... Greg 8 - Timid 2

Note to file: after last nights epic win where bu didnt get the dive calls they usually get, Maine is in a position to go to the ncaa's for the first time since the 1800's. still plenty of time for timmay to mess this all up.

also...this little run has them firmly in 5th place in reality. still on the road for HE quarters at this point. my guess is it plays out the 2 games at uml will decide who gets 4th, we end up with 5th , we get swept at lowell, end of season. bb fanz more pizzed at timmay than ever before.
                              Last edited by acs64; 01-28-2012, 06:49 AM.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post

also...this little run has them firmly in 5th place in reality. still on the road for HE quarters at this point. my guess is it plays out the 2 games at uml will decide who gets 4th, we end up with 5th , we get swept at lowell, end of season. bb fanz more pizzed at timmay than ever before.
                                Only 1 game at Lowell and Maine has played 3(or thereabout) more games than the teams below them in HE standings. So 5th is realistic. Of course 5th or 6th is where most of us had them finishing when the season started so....

Comment

Working...
                                X