X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part V: Don't Stop Believing

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I'd like to say that this was the overreaching reason for calling timeout there, but it was after an icing when SLU had held the zone for a good minute or so prior at least. Giving his guys a breather since they had to go back out there.
    Of course you are correct. I dind't want to burst their bubble.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Many times people question SA on his coaching. This mini winning streak is because of the stellar play of Bryce. Bryce was defintely struggling early on and I credit SA with helping him turn it around. Besides the obvious of Marty and Paddy C, I am really impressed with Mark McGowan. He is a warrior and a scapper. Mark is going to be a good power forward for us, for years to come. I thought the D played well and especially the combo of Patty K and Dolan...I think those guys were plus 2 last night. The second unit PP was awesome and whipped the puck around creating chances.
      Too funny - I absolutely agree....Cullen played possessed last night. I mentioned to my youngest even just watching the warm ups. He wanted it. I'm so glad to see him play so well. Also have to say that McGowan has quietly continued to progress and just continues to play better each game. He clearly has SA's support as he was a starter last night too. Very glad to see the boys having fun and playing together and people stepping up all over. See you all there tonight.....keep the faith !!

Comment

• I agree with the comments about McGowan as well. He was really active in the corners last night, let's keep it going tonight. Big game, can really get back into the pack if all goes well.

Comment

And......there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

I will save my good friend AspyDad some time and just go right into it. Horrible calls by the refs last night, cannot wait to get out of this league and into hockey east, it's clear who is running this league not Hagwell but Stewart, our coach is still great, yes I still look like George Clooney and troyboy looks like Tom Cruise. No, I am not raising taxes in the land of section 9 this year.....oh wait sorry got off track a bit.

Anyways, tough way to see a 3 game winning streak end and it doesnt get much better next weekend. If we play the way we did against SLU and for times last night against Clarkson, things can end up in our favor. Looking for 2 hard fought battles and some bounces go our way.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

oops!
              Last edited by FreshFish; 01-29-2012, 11:23 AM.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                I will save my good friend AspyDad some time and just go right into it. Horrible calls by the refs last night, cannot wait to get out of this league and into hockey east, it's clear who is running this league not Hagwell but Stewart, our coach is still great, yes I still look like George Clooney and troyboy looks like Tom Cruise. No, I am not raising taxes in the land of section 9 this year.....oh wait sorry got off track a bit.

Anyways, tough way to see a 3 game winning streak end and it doesnt get much better next weekend. If we play the way we did against SLU and for times last night against Clarkson, things can end up in our favor. Looking for 2 hard fought battles and some bounces go our way.
                Can't complain too much about last night's effort. Looked like a soft goal on the first one, but we came back from a two goal deficit, and were in a position to win. The winning goal was a perfect shot. Stuff happens.
                If we continue to play like we did this weekend, we will win our share of games.
                Next weekend, Cornell on national tv and the freakout. We should be up for both games, and while Cornell and Colgate are near the top of the league, both can be beat.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Nice to see Bryce named ECAC Goalie of the Week and Marty named ECAC Player of the Week....

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/index
                  I must be experiencing déjà vu:

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Bryce isn't the only one... Marty O'Grady gets Player of the Week.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2011-1...rds_012412.pdf

Comment

So whatever happened to this whole thing about calling embellishments? Or does that not apply to the ECAC?

Mind you, this is NOT why we lost AT ALL, but I'd kind of like to know, especially considering an upcoming game...
                    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-29-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Two great efforts this weekend, sadly we could not pull out the Clarkson game, we had great chances late in the game, thought our goaltending could have been tighter, but still fund to watch.
                      It seems like boarding is going to be called anytime someone is hit into the boards and elects to lie down like they were shot.
                      Also noticed that we have not seen Rambo lately...does anyone know if he is hurt or is his lack of speed keeping him out of the lineup.

Comment

Good weekend no doubt. This is when you need to get your team to play their best. Next weekend is Seth's big adventure. Just win one thats all. One win! Please one win!!!
                        Hey, buy the ticket take the ride. No doubt! But give me my money's worth. This weekend I finally got my money's worth.

Seth's a genius? I did not know.

Comment

Team wins three games. No peep.
                          Loses one. Look who's here.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Some thoughts from the weekend in my point of view:
                            * Overall best 120 minutes of hockey ive seen from this team in some time
                            *Credit to SA, he was able to keep the team playing with confidence and whatever was said in that timeout against SLU (no matter why it was called) seemed to do the trick,
                            *Great weekend for Patty Cullen,Wasn't just out there trying, he was a true factor and a threat every shift
                            *McGowan and Tinordi have been playing some real good hockey as of late
                            *The way we played against Clarkson was deserving of the W, great game all around regardless of the outcome and a great crowd at HFH
                            Despite the record im just as proud to be a RPI hockeyfan today as i have ever been and the team is beginning to play with confidence and seem proud to pull on that RPI jersey. Big weekend coming up at home against 2 quality opponents, play like we have as of late with a few quality opponents and we have a shot at some points this weekend and a shot to keep reeling in the rest of the ECAC, Lets go Red!!
                            Last edited by NYhockeyguy; 01-29-2012, 08:24 PM.
                            RIT Tigers
                            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                              Some thoughts from the weekend in my point of view:
                              * Overall best 120 minutes of hockey ive seen from this team in some time
                              *Credit to SA, he was able to keep the team playing with confidence and whatever was said in that timeout against SLU (no matter why it was called) seemed to do the trick,
                              *Great weekend for Patty Cullen,Wasn't just out there trying, he was a true factor and a threat every shift
                              *McGowan and Tinordi have been playing some real good hockey as of late
                              *The way we played against Clarkson was deserving of the W, great game all around regardless of the outcome and a great crowd at HFH
                              Despite the record im just as proud to be a RPI hockeyfan today as i have ever been and the team is beginning to play with confidence and seem proud to pull on that RPI jersey. Big weekend coming up at home against 2 quality opponents, play like we have as of late with a few quality opponents and we have a shot at some points this weekend and a shot to keep reeling in the rest of the ECAC, Lets go Red!!
                              Very fair statements-I had high hopes for McGowan and Tinordi before they ever came to Troy. They are finally showing what I thought they might. You could not be more right though about next weekend. This may be the HUGE weekend of the season. A good 120 minutes and we may have something.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Very fair statements-I had high hopes for McGowan and Tinordi before they ever came to Troy. They are finally showing what I thought they might. You could not be more right though about next weekend. This may be the HUGE weekend of the season. A good 120 minutes and we may have something.
                                Doc, I was at Friday's game, and McGowan, Tinordi, O'Grady, Lee and Cullen all played better than I have ever seen them.
                                The only problem, was that Laliberte and Haggerty were almost invisible. If we ever get everyone going at the same time, we will be a tough beat.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X