X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part V: Don't Stop Believing

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
    As I recall, this drew a nasty letter in the Poly from a fan who felt that because it was a service academy, it should be exempted from all good-natured ribbing (similar to "warm up the tanks"). Apparently cadets are tough enough to play D1 hockey while training to become a soldier at West Point, but not tough to handle a joke from a bunch of nerds at a tech school. Or so this fan thought.
    I seem to remember responding to that letter in the Poly the next week.

Comment

• It's better to be playing well end of season. Last few years we have not been a February, march team.
      Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
      I have two items that I submit for comment:

- Cornell's defeat by RPI may wind up costing them an NCAA bid. I think they were at #14 in the PWR before the weekend. Beating Union put them in position for the automatic bid, and maybe a high enough PWR even if that were not the case. Now I see them at #16.

- RPI's late season success - its a young team that needed more time than usual to come together and adjust at the start of the season. That development was delayed because their 1H schedule was too tough. I loved the great teams they got to play this year, but it's hard to develop under those conditions.
      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Probably tempered by the fact that he only played Friday night. If he played Saturday and did even decently he'd be a shoe-in for it. I still think there's some chance. Girard from Harvard had a good weekend as well.
        You called it. Girard gets GOTW. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2011-1...rds_022812.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
          It's better to be playing well end of season. Last few years we have not been a February, march team.
          I agree, but we have to continue this weekend, or it will be meaningless.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Let's get this thread finished so we can start fresh for the playoffs! This weekend should be a totally new season for the boys. The slate is clean and I am hoping for a lengthy post season.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Let's get this thread finished so we can start fresh for the playoffs! This weekend should be a totally new season for the boys. The slate is clean and I am hoping for a lengthy post season.
              Amen to this. We definitely have 2 games, and a mathematical maximum possibility of 12. However, it's still important that everyone, even us antsy fans, go one game at a time. From now until Friday at about 21:30 Eastern (with any amount of slack provided for a potential overtime), the most important game is the one played Friday. For all I could care, any game beyond that time isn't even happening.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                The fact that Diebold wasn't even nominated, and Iles (who went 1-1 on the weekend making a TOTAL of 49 saves between games) was, is laughable.
                APBWiki

Comment

The fact that Diebold wasn't even nominated, and Iles (who went 1-1 on the weekend making a TOTAL of 49 saves between games) was, is laughable.
                  You'll have to take that up with Appert.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                    It's better to be playing well end of season. Last few years we have not been a February, march team.
                    Here's the crux of the argument - the team played well last week, it's true, but they were horrendous two weeks ago. I've been burned too many times by this year's team to take one week's good games and pronounce the team cured.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                      On this point, one of RIT's sousaphones played the opening line of "Anchors Away" when their win against Army was all but assured in the fall. Hopefully that is also in the RPI's pep band arsenal?
                      This used to be standard operating procedure regardless of how the game was going.

I might suggest "Into the Wild Blue Yonder" instead though, since it's hockey and their biggest rival is Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Here's the crux of the argument - the team played well last week, it's true, but they were horrendous two weeks ago. I've been burned too many times by this year's team to take one week's good games and pronounce the team cured.
                        This has been my history with this team for most every year going back to 1963. But when they put it all together-or even mostly together-it has been worth every minute of it.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Amen to this. Inconsistency has been biting us for as long as I have been following RPI hockey.

Comment

Working...
                          X