X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNHHurstFan
    replied
    Re: Atlantic Hockey 2009-2010

Very nice win for Sacred Heart on Sunday against Dartmouth. For the season they have gone a respectable 2-3-1 against the ECAC (including an OT loss). Those five points would have them in a tie with Princeton for 9th ahead of Clarkson, Harvard, and Dartmouth. Having a new head coach that came from the ECAC seems to have helped them prepare for these OOC games.

If they can start to play with some of that consistency in conference, they can make a little move in the AHA.

Leave a comment:

• schiegs
    replied

Anyone know what happened to the annual Army-RMC game? I thought that was a great hockey-centric rivalry for the service academies. 75 year rivalry was pretty impressive for hockey.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
    Holy Cross tied the #7 team in the nation. A bright spot in a tough NC performance this year by the AHA. Good job Crusaders.
    And, Yale and Brown beat Quinnipiac (7-4 and 2-1) the previous two games, knocking the Bobcats from #4 to #7. And, Bentley beat Brown 3-2 the Tuesday before Thanksgiving when Brown was still winless, so.......... AHA teams did not get the big OOC upsets in the early season this year like last, but there is still time to make some noise over the holiday tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• RITShockSquad
    replied

Holy Cross tied the #7 team in the nation. A bright spot in a tough NC performance this year by the AHA. Good job Crusaders.

Leave a comment:

• XCTiger
    replied
    Re: Hehehe ...

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Anyone see Dr. Lerch's Atlantic Hockey column this week??

He states that Air Force took three points from UConn last weekend in Storrs.

Only problem is the games are this weekend and have not yet happened.

Wonder what he was thinking?
    I'm sure there are some plausible explanations -

He spent the weekend in Erie covering RIT-Mercyhurst and got some bad chicken.

He's hedging his bets for this week. In the column he says AFA takes 3 pts from UConn, in his pick'em side bar he says AFA sweeps.

He's planning ahead and intends to reuse the column next week.

He sticks in one subtle mistake every week in a cunning plan to see if anyone actually reads his column, and pays attention.

In an effort to support the Tigers, he's hoping that Serratore gets confused and AFA stays in Colorado waiting for AIC to show up, then has to forfeit the weekend to UConn.

Leave a comment:

• RSTuthill
    replied
    Hehehe ...

Anyone see Dr. Lerch's Atlantic Hockey column this week??

He states that Air Force took three points from UConn last weekend in Storrs.

Only problem is the games are this weekend and have not yet happened.

Wonder what he was thinking?

Leave a comment:

• EZ Winner
    replied

Finally had a chance to get to USCHO. I've been following Mercyhurst's struggles through texts from the school, but was a little shocked when I looked at the standings. Seeing Army and Mercyhurst at the bottom came as a slight surprise.

Leave a comment:

• The Crusader
    replied

Holy Cross v. Air Force this weekend can be listened to on..

http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/live/index.htm

Leave a comment:

• CornwallAce
    replied

RSTuthill - As long as the creek don't rise, I'll be at both AIC-UConn games. I'll either have my Detroit Tigers jacket or my Black RPI Lacrosse jacket on(if it is not freezing)

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• Spydey629
    replied

Originally posted by RMUColonials View Post
    Maybe they could turn up the heat in the Olympia. That was the coldest rink I've ever been in to watch a game.
    Dude. Let it go, man!! That was two years ago!!

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
    They'll be just fine, not to worry. If they can endure 10,000 people, mostly students shouting nice four letter words at them, as in Wisconsin, Rochester or the Ritter, will be not much of a problem all things considered.

Besides, they don't hear any crowd when they're winning on the road.
    Personally, I'm just looking forward to a new crop of teams coming to the barn. Even the teams we rarely play (see Quinnipiac last weekend) have all made the trek to the Island before.

Leave a comment:

• cplinford
    replied

They'll be just fine, not to worry. If they can endure 10,000 people, mostly students shouting nice four letter words at them, as in Wisconsin, Rochester or the Ritter, will be not much of a problem all things considered.

Touche, looking forward to some fresh meat up in Rochester when you guys finally jump over to the AHA

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by RMUColonials View Post
    Maybe they could turn up the heat in the Olympia. That was the coldest rink I've ever been in to watch a game.
    I guess that you never attended a Bentley game at John A. Ryan Rink in Watertown (Mass.) before they added some heat ducts over the seating a couple of years ago.

No more free pizza , so the fan base has been sporadic the first three games at the JAR this season. Also, the JAR is about 3 miles from campus, which is a little far to walk, but no free bus.

Leave a comment:

• 21st Century Schizoid Man
    replied

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
    As a visiting fan I would be more worried about your teams reception when they play RIT at home

Leave a comment:

• RMUColonials
    replied

Originally posted by RITShockSquad View Post
    Sounds like the program is making strides. Building the fan base through free pizza and bus rides. That's worked pretty well for Canisius, so good luck to AIC. I'm all for better atmosphere in the league.

Leave a comment:

• cplinford
    replied

I don't have to worry about it until next season when RMU comes onboard, but should I get studded snow tires for the road trips?
    Western NY is really no worse than any other place in the NE in the winter. Do we get big blizzards a couple times a year? Yes. Is it cold? Yes, its winter for crying out loud

As a visiting fan I would be more worried about your teams reception when they play RIT at home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X