Huntington.Comm NU/BU 11/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huntington.Comm NU/BU 11/6

Unbelievable game. I too still can't believe we killed off the major and the subsequent 6-4.

Who was that guy in net for us last night? Looks like Thiessen had a growth spurt.

Re: ********* fans...When standing in line for tix this week, I must have heard 75-100 people talking about how this is the only game they're going to this year and they just want to see us play BU. I'm guessing they made up a large percentage of the drunk idiots. Apologies for that.
    Last edited by NJ2NU; 11-07-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post

Re: ********* fans...When standing in line for tix this week, I must have heard 75-100 people talking about how this is the only game they're going to this year and they just want to see us play BU. I'm guessing they made up a large percentage of the drunk idiots. Apologies for that.
      I had a large group behind and around me that had likely never been to a hockey game. They were enthusiastic, but they were just there to party and cuss out BU, as it seemed a lot of newbies were...aside from one girl directly behind me who was on her laptop for most of the game. Yes, you heard that right.
      Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
      -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
        ...aside from one girl directly behind me who was on her laptop for most of the game..:
        ..well, you know the pic is fine..but the sound on gonu.tv sucks..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
          I had a large group behind and around me that had likely never been to a hockey game. They were enthusiastic, but they were just there to party and cuss out BU, as it seemed a lot of newbies were...aside from one girl directly behind me who was on her laptop for most of the game. Yes, you heard that right.
          wow... if you don't want to go, give your ticket to someone who does... Guarantee there were students who actually wanted to go but didn't get a ticket. that really ****es me off.
          GO NU!
          --------------------------------------------------
          2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

The renovations looked awesome. Much better concessions, padded seats.....
            We it me or was the scoreboard difficult to see clearly, it seemed like the LED lights made things blury? I couldn't look at it had to look at the side scoreboards. Video part was nice albiet a bit small, but the parts below were hard to look at.

The fan support was electric!

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
              Unbelievable game. I too still can't believe we killed off the major and the subsequent 6-4.
              our PP really looked bad. as i wrote earlier in the thread, we'd been using a 3 dman PP formation for the last week or so with Colby, Shattenkirk, and Warsofsky which was fantastic because of the ample puck handling and scoring ability there. I sat right up against the glass there and I could see in their eyes and their play that our guys were pressing way too hard and trying to force a goal rather than playing their game and setting up an opportunity. we have no one to complain about but ourselves, we not only had a golden opportunity to tie, but to win as well with the penalty being a 5 minute major (which it ABSOLUTELY should have been - that was a vicious hit into the boards.) part of the disorganization can be attributed to the awkward line combinations forced by the injuries, you know something is up when Popko is the 1st line center, but our inability to convert and more importantly finish offensive chances continues. and I believe we have now heard some organized form of f--- BU at every away game this year, so congratulations to NU freshmen for being on par with Amherst and Lowell.
              Last edited by slurpees; 11-07-2009, 12:46 PM.
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                and I believe we have now heard some organized form of f--- BU at every away game this year, so congratulations to NU freshmen for being on par with Amherst and Lowell.

are you trying to be ironic?
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  actually, yes.
                  time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    Really though, someone should say something to the one guy in the backwards-dog-house-signed-area that has the megaphone (I remember him from last year). Man up and use your voice!
                    I can assure you that "mega-phone boy" is not associated with ESUOHGODEHT, we keep it au naturale.

Also, good riddance to the annoying fans who only show up to the BU game. Hopefully at the next home game, anyone who wants to drink, act belligerent and curse the whole game will be residing in frat houses for the evening instead of our house.
                    Last edited by nuhuskyfan; 11-07-2009, 02:27 PM.
                    NORTHEASTERN

Comment

our PP really looked bad. as i wrote earlier in the thread, we'd been using a 3 dman PP formation for the last week or so with Colby, Shattenkirk, and Warsofsky which was fantastic because of the ample puck handling and scoring ability there. I sat right up against the glass there and I could see in their eyes and their play that our guys were pressing way too hard and trying to force a goal rather than playing their game and setting up an opportunity. we have no one to complain about but ourselves, we not only had a golden opportunity to tie, but to win as well with the penalty being a 5 minute major (which it ABSOLUTELY should have been - that was a vicious hit into the boards.) part of the disorganization can be attributed to the awkward line combinations forced by the injuries, you know something is up when Popko is the 1st line center, but our inability to convert and more importantly finish offensive chances continues. and I believe we have now heard some organized form of f--- BU at every away game this year, so congratulations to NU freshmen for being on par with Amherst and Lowell.
                      I can't express in words how badly I want Shattenkirk to be a member of the Boston Bruins. He is truly incredible. Afew of our freshmen (Vrolyk and the Daniels) kept trying to play him aggressively on the forcheck...he blew by them every time and started an odd man situation single handedly. I was pleasantly surprised with how poorly Chiasson played last night, he looked as though he's still picking up the speed of the game (the Daniels are the same way); given his impressive numbers I wasn't expecting that.

You're absolutely right about the PP, it looked as though you guys were trying way too hard to make the perfect pass (kind of like us last year), though I'm sure when you get Bonino and Warsofsky back that'll change. And yes, our freshmen are obnoxious, for whatever reason NU insists on continuing to let a new class of them in every year.
                      Last edited by NJ2NU; 11-07-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Side note that's semi-related to this thread...

I wish USCHO would stop with the overly dramatic game recaps, "Huskies Shock No. 7 Terriers," doesn't seem very accurate... I don't think any of the fans, or anybody on the ice, was all that shocked. I think we all respect NU as a program (at least in it's current state) more than that, especially with BU down two top players.

Can't wait for February 1st!
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

..... and I believe we have now heard some organized form of f--- BU at every away game this year, so congratulations to NU freshmen for being on par with Amherst and Lowell.
                          Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                          actually, yes.
                          --this IS almost a textbook definition of irony. (i'm sure stevie was just making sure )
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                            ..I wish USCHO would stop with the overly dramatic game recaps, "Huskies Shock No. 7 Terriers," ..
                            Both teams were out key players.. as far as 'overly dramatic' headlines.. you kidding me..

our little sport can use all the Overly Dramatic, Saucy, National Enquirer, Tabloid type publicity headlines it can get.. where are our scandals!!!

..of course i like it small, but kidding aside... if you like USCHO.. someone's gotta pay the bills. They need to find eyeballs.

Also, it helps the sport get some news to the handful of outlets that'll pick it up far as 'Friday night in College hockey'...

Hopefully someday.. we'll get more airtime hockey season on the ESPNs/ESPN2s..versus.. college cheerleading, bowling, synchronized skating.. or any other heirarchy they shuffle us under.. (i know..it's never gonna happen!)

Now, did the game puck get H1N1... stop the press!
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                            X