Huntington.Comm NU/BU 11/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huntington.Comm NU/BU 11/6

I had to work today but fortunately I'll still be able to get in. My roommates and friends kept texting me to say how long the line was. I severely underestimated how long it really could have been. This is a picture from Ed Klotzbier: http://studentlife.typepad.com/.a/6a...65387fc970b-pi
    Go Huskies!

Comment

..wow. Someday i hope we evolve like the private sector.. just have the students print the tickets from their email (assuming they've registered for the event).. & have it scanned at the door.

Glad today wasn't like.. http://www.estatevaults.com/bol/imag...20Blizzard.jpg
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
        So am I, and I'm not even going as a fan. Matthews is my favorite place to watch a hockey game, and when it's a BU-NU sellout, it's just ridiculous. Parker said today that this is the first time NU has ever sold out Matthews before the day of the game. Anyone know if that's true?
        Last year's season opener against BC was the first time they had done so for hockey in a long time.

Comment

..that gm turned out okay
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            why do i live here again??
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

http://gonu.com/mhockey/2009/mh09-04.shtml

this made me smile and remember the glory days...
              Last edited by choog; 11-04-2009, 07:37 PM.
              Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                Parker said today that this is the first time NU has ever sold out Matthews before the day of the game. Anyone know if that's true?
                Technically true? Yes, I'd have to think so...

It wasn't until about halfway through last year that students could get tickets before day of game so yes the student tickets have never sold out in advance before, but its a pretty small sample size.

This is the second time in the past two seasons that the game was sold out of public tickets before the game started...
                MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyMan View Post

It wasn't until about halfway through last year that students could get tickets before day of game so yes the student tickets have never sold out in advance before, but its a pretty small sample size.

This is the second time in the past two seasons that the game was sold out of public tickets before the game started...
                  Well they are still supposedly holding 500 student tickets for Friday afternoon, so that technicality doesn't work. Either Jack was off by 1, or he meant the first BU game at NU.

Comment

Since 95 there have only been 3 sporting events that have soldout presale, those being the game friday, the home opener against bc last year and when we played duke in hoops back in 95. before that, i dont know.
                    Arenas Attended
                    Matthews Arena
                    Agganis Arena
                    Tsongas Arena
                    Lawler Arena
                    Schneider Arena
                    Mullins Center
                    TD Banknorth Garden
                    Conte Forum
                    Whittemore Center
                    Gutterson Fieldhouse
                    Alfond Arena
                    Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Well they leave 500 at the door for students who couldn't make it to the first wave of tickets. That aside, the only other home game this year was an advanced student sell-out against Bentley. So this is the 2nd time.
                      Ain't nothing but a husky dawg.

Comment

.. hope we continue to draw the crowds. More importantly, hope we perform well enough to continue draw the crowds.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

somebody told me today that milan maybe out friday, can anyone confirm or deny this?
                          Arenas Attended
                          Matthews Arena
                          Agganis Arena
                          Tsongas Arena
                          Lawler Arena
                          Schneider Arena
                          Mullins Center
                          TD Banknorth Garden
                          Conte Forum
                          Whittemore Center
                          Gutterson Fieldhouse
                          Alfond Arena
                          Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                            somebody told me today that milan maybe out friday, can anyone confirm or deny this?
                            That's false, unless something happened to him between 5 pm yesterday and now. He was fine in practice yesterday and Parker said he'd be starting both games this weekend. I won't be at practice today, but I'll see if I can find out if there's anything to this.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post

You are discussing Northeastern hockey, right?

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post

If your glory days are in October, then in reality you don't have any glory days at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X