Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the WCHA refs look the other way in North Dakota games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do the WCHA refs look the other way in North Dakota games?

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    *****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Chris_Burke.jpg/220px-Chris_Burke.jpg******
    That looks exactly like Nick Enz, conductor of the Tech band.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      He does this every year...

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...t=#post4994522

My guess is we'll see another thread from him the next time UND and Minnesota square off...

While he states that he's done posting about this topic, all he has ever done is post about this topic.
      We'll probably hear it next week. I thought I heard it once already this year.
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Because there's a squirrel over there.

Comment

Poor coaching and incompetent teams are common causes of cheap shots away from and after the play, but cheap shots keep a certain type of audience paying admission and paying the bills. Individual referees and officiating in general can't help but be aware of the gate and the importance of its size.

Comment

The handshake fight tradition is only years where they play eachother twice and if No Dak loses the last game they play of the year. It's kind of sad to see this intense rivalry end this way. But it's becoming too much about what happens after the whistle and not during the game. In other words if they can't beat em, they pull some stunt like this and can go pat eachother on the back for something bigger than the game. Hak didnt do anything about it after the Finley Wheeler debacle and this time it looks like he had to.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
              The handshake fight tradition is only years where they play eachother twice and if No Dak loses the last game they play of the year. It's kind of sad to see this intense rivalry end this way. But it's becoming too much about what happens after the whistle and not during the game. In other words if they can't beat em, they pull some stunt like this and can go pat eachother on the back for something bigger than the game. Hak didnt do anything about it after the Finley Wheeler debacle and this time it looks like he had to.
              Crack don't smoke itself.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 80Miracle View Post
                I've even seen Sioux players punch opposing players after the whistle and no call? If the WCHA refs called the games correctly the would be short handed the entire game. I heard they even punched guys last night during the post game handshake? If I want to watch Slapshot I will rent the movie.
                UND is like 8th over all in penalty minutes. That means that there are only four teams with less penalty minutes over all.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                  UND is like 8th over all in penalty minutes. That means that there are only four teams with less penalty minutes over all.
                  Read the thread title again. Duh!

Comment

Hakstol likes his team to play this way and clearly coaches them to do it. He likes them to hit people after the whistle. I think it is cheap and low class. It often serves to **** off the other team and cause them to retaliate, resulting in a penalty. As long as the refs don't call it you have to assume it is ok with them. That is unfortunate and I don't get it either.

The only good thing is that despite all their success with it, in the end they lose. I'd get Hak's approach if he had to try to find a way to compete with a less talented team. However, if I had to pick one coach that has wasted the most talented teams for the last decade it would be a pretty easy choice for me. Eventually, that has to catch up with him.
                    Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                    Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Read the thread title again. Duh!
                      UND just don't have that type of players that does the "things" that an agitator type player might do... They aren't getting the breaks as some claim. Just saying...
                      Last edited by Goon; 01-21-2012, 11:51 AM.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                        Hakstol likes his team to play this way and clearly coaches them to do it. He likes them to hit people after the whistle. I think it is cheap and low class. It often serves to **** off the other team and cause them to retaliate, resulting in a penalty. As long as the refs don't call it you have to assume it is ok with them. That is unfortunate and I don't get it either.

The only good thing is that despite all their success with it, in the end they lose. I'd get Hak's approach if he had to try to find a way to compete with a less talented team. However, if I had to pick one coach that has wasted the most talented teams for the last decade it would be a pretty easy choice for me. Eventually, that has to catch up with him.
                        Yes it's Hakstol who has wasted his talent and not Lucia since 04-05. 100%!
                        Last edited by Dirty; 01-21-2012, 02:00 PM.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                        X