Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami @ Michigan - Is the building structurally sound yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami @ Michigan - Is the building structurally sound yet?

Originally posted by Go Redskins View Post
    nice weekend
    I'll second that

Comment

What

the

funk?

Comment

What's the record for penalty minutes in a single college hockey game? This game had to be close...
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

There were only 95 PIM handed out tonight. That's not even close.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

No question the better team won. Every battle for the puck, every entry to zone, every PK, some PP's. etc. Wasnt' really that close.

UM's effort was better at times, but so was Miami's. Tough one to watch as a Michigan fan.

(oh, and record for penalties- not even close. Have to check the score sheet for a UM-MSU brawl about 20 years ago.)

Comment

I'm trying to find games with more penalty minutes than this. My goal is double. Only definitive thing I have so far is UAH's wiki page claims a game with 96 PIM against Bemidji back around 2000.

Edit: 142 in this game http://stats.ath.umich.edu/ihockey/gametot.php?gkey=509

Edit #2: Hammer has the overall record, I'm just going through the past 10 years of Michigan games. 145 against Western http://stats.ath.umich.edu/ihockey/gametot.php?gkey=384

Edit #3 We had 96 followed by 117 in the same weekend against Ohio State, and another 3 games with 100+
              Last edited by kdilks; 11-07-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Miami totally outworked Michigan tonight. Sticks clogging the lanes creating turnovers, blocking shots, pressuring on the forecheck, and backchecking relentlessly. They never let us get anything established at all. The scoresheet was just the exclamation point.

It's been a very disappointing weekend to be a Michigan fan, but congratulations nonetheless to 'Hawks fans. This is a team to be proud of.

Comment

I went and got the record book:

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats...rb/2010/D1.pdf

One team: Ohio State took 150 PIM 1/30/81
                  Combined: Maine-BU combined for 268 PIM 1/24/04

Oh, and for those of you who know me, team with the most penalties in a game: Ferris took 36 on 3/7/98. That might have been the "biting incident" game.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Oh, and for those of you who know me, team with the most penalties in a game: Ferris took 36 on 3/7/98. That might have been the "biting incident" game.
                    I wouldn't have expected anything else. Well, maybe a few majors for boarding

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                      Miami totally outworked Michigan tonight. Sticks clogging the lanes creating turnovers, blocking shots, pressuring on the forecheck, and backchecking relentlessly. They never let us get anything established at all. The scoresheet was just the exclamation point.

It's been a very disappointing weekend to be a Michigan fan, but congratulations nonetheless to 'Hawks fans. This is a team to be proud of.
                      For the first time in this season we finally saw miami put a full 60 min effort out there and you saw the results. Michigan is a darn good hockey club and will have a successful season. I couldn't be any more proud of Miami's effort this weekend. I think most of us had thoughts of this type of performance from this team and we were just hoping to see it.

As for the penalties, wasn't close to the record and only reason it got to where it was is because of ticky tac calls to try and not let the game get out of hand. Michigan's pride was hurt and they weren't going to let miami just walk all of them. Im just glad camper is ok and wasn't seriously hurt after that hit, it was ugly but thats hockey. Im sure it wasn't intentional and hope it was just a game misconduct and not a DQ. Michigans minutes were inflated because of the couple 10 min misconducts that were handed out.

Good luck the rest of the year guys! oh and be careful with sparty that team is for real over there!
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                        For the first time in this season we finally saw miami put a full 60 min effort out there and you saw the results. Michigan is a darn good hockey club and will have a successful season. I couldn't be any more proud of Miami's effort this weekend. I think most of us had thoughts of this type of performance from this team and we were just hoping to see it.

As for the penalties, wasn't close to the record and only reason it got to where it was is because of ticky tac calls to try and not let the game get out of hand. Michigan's pride was hurt and they weren't going to let miami just walk all of them. Im just glad camper is ok and wasn't seriously hurt after that hit, it was ugly but thats hockey. Im sure it wasn't intentional and hope it was just a game misconduct and not a DQ. Michigans minutes were inflated because of the couple 10 min misconducts that were handed out.

Good luck the rest of the year guys! oh and be careful with sparty that team is for real over there!
                        That's a good assessment. Miami put in the work, and we've seen the results.

Michigan, on the other hand, has lots to prove, mainly to themselves. If they want to be considered a darn good hockey club, they better start showing it as a team. A few individuals putting forth the effort and giving 100% should be proud of themselves, but it's not going to matter until they all feed off of it and come to do the same, every night. Red's pretty ****ed off right now, and rightfully so.

The penalty minutes were inflated exactly as you said. Michigan lost composure when the game was essentially over, and took some stupid penalties. A lot of it was reactionary to the scoreboard, and a good portion related to the chippiness Miami showed around their net all weekend. Sergott and Hill were sending everyone to the box for just about anything, if an effort to keep things under control. I can't blame them a bit.

Glad to see Camper skate off after the hit that left him on the ice. Definitely wasn't an intentional play, as it looked to me that Llewellyn caught Camper just as he was turning into the boards. Rightfully so, he got the 5 and a misconduct.

Good luck to you guys as well, although I think we need it more than you. As for Sparty... it could be a great time to play them, or a horrible one. We'll have to let the team decide that this week.

Comment

Working...
                        X