Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami @ Michigan - Is the building structurally sound yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami @ Michigan - Is the building structurally sound yet?

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
    Leadership has a lot to do with that though. See: Porter/Kolarik 2007-2008. That was supposed to be a rebuilding/reloading year for Michigan due to the losses of Hensick, Cogliano, Hunwick, and Johnson. Instead, two of the best leaders this team has seen during Berenson's tenure emerged, embraced the freshmen, and took the team to places no one expected.

No you make good points, but both of them were spectacular players. Michigan this year doesn't seem to have that senior superstar like they have had in years past. Caparusso is a junior and Walhberg a sophmore but not sure you can count on a sophmore to step up. Maybe he should, but again it also has to fit the players personality to be that type of vocal leader. Maybe Rust could be that player, but like I said it has to fit the players personality and both Porter and Kolarik had those leadership qualities in the lockeroom and on the ice. Im not close to the situation as you are, just an outsiders perspective. Could it be the case of not recruiting the right personel? I would tend to believe things will be alright in ann arbor though.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
      I still have some concerns about leadership, but it's entirely possible that it's a misplaced concern. Too early to tell yet.
      I think RHM10 - this is where we sit now- we've seen the play for real once- well, except for wT, who goes to the end of the world to see them. But it's really hard to tell who is the real leader. Chris Summers has shown a lot of strength in, but as we've seen them this season, not so much. Rust, Haglin, Cappy? One of them may do it. We really don't know what kind of leadership we have.

Like KC says above- it's a concern, and we just don't know.

Comment

Impressive shut out tonight by Sparty....I will tell you mich folks, that team in east lansing is for real.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Parking release from the U of M athletic department due to the school still technically having football and basketball teams... http://link.paciolan.com/viewmsg.cfm...73c1255193t670
          Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            Impressive shut out tonight by Sparty....I will tell you mich folks, that team in east lansing is for real.
            Not really worried about them. At least until next weekend.

Comment

Anyone have a bead on video stream? I would much rather watch than listen to these games.
              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Miami takes game 1

3-1

Go Hawks!

Comment

Palmer is a stud. Great play from faceoff to finish on the first goal. Props to Smith getting the insurance tally and Cody continuing his superb play this year. 4-41 all time at Yost!

Comment

Wow! What a high-powered game! Michigan had a chance to show their speed in the 2nd and it was scary. Miami was lucky to escape that middle stanza and did a great job containing Michigan in the 1st and 3rd. And how about Cody Reichard? An outstanding night for him. Tomorrow should be a very intense 60 minutes.

Go Redhawks!
                    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                      Palmer is a stud. Great play from faceoff to finish on the first goal. Props to Smith getting the insurance tally and Cody continuing his superb play this year. 4-41 all time at Yost!
                      all time record is meaningless.

Palmer isn't a stud, he is inconsistant. But he has played well this year, wish he would of done it his soph. and Junior year though.

Hats off to Cody Reichard, he is the reason Miami won tonight. I know shot totals were lopsided ( especially in the second ) but I don't put mych stock in that, with Michigan getting a lot of chances on the PP.

Michigan clearly carried the play majority of the game, but the early goal for Miami seemed to kill the early momentum that michigan had. One thing I will credit to miami is the fact that they burried the chances that they had. They missed the net an awful lot but 3 goals on 13 shots is capitalizing on your chances.

I expect a huge early push from Michigan tomorrow night, I think that is given. If Miami can weather it, they have a chance. Should Michigan get an early goal or two watch out. Mich is a very good team and this loss won't define them, but should Miami pull an inprobable sweep tomorrow I think it hurts their chances for a CCHA title.

Comment

This is what we were worried about- it doesn't take much of a lapse to have problems. And when you let Miami have the puck when everyone is standing around- we you get what you get. Darn it.

Miami did a great job clogging up the neutral zone, and at times, Michigan just could figure what to do at all.

I so didn't want that penalty shot- while the PP was not all that impressive most of the time, I figured it was better than Langlis on a penalty shot.

Took them a while to figure that kicked in goal. Not sure why- it was pretty clear from where I was sitting. That sure seemed to fire up the team- which got the one goal.

That third goal in the third was a killer. Like the first, sloppy play to move the puck around the D zone, no idea how he got so open, but bad 5 hole goal.

Ugh.

Great play by Miami. Getting 33% of your shots to hit the back of the net was pretty good.

Comment

On the third goal while watching on the tee-vee machine, it looked like when Hetland, let me type that again, HETLAND, put the puck through the defenseman's legs, another Wolverine collapsed down on him and completely lost his defensive coverage of Smith. Goal like that out of the fourth line is completely unexpected. Feel good for Hetland and B. Smith.

SOG and all that other stuff notwithstanding, I thought Miami was tremendous with the puck, and for once, cut off the side-to-side neutral zone passes that Michigan always seems to burn us with. That looked like the team from the NCAA tournament last year the way they didn't panic, and for the most part, controlled the other team and got opportunistic scoring.

I would pose this...where the heck is Carter Camper. He's been VERY quiet the last few games. Perhaps he'll find his game tomorrow night. He's due.

I believe Reichard will play tomorrow as well, though I would not be surprised to see Connor Knapp since it's still so early in the season.

Any points tomorrow night for the Hawks would be gravy. I'll be there and am looking forward to another good game.
                          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

First goal, ton of hustle by Miami, d-fense standing around, nice rebound goal.

Second goal, 4x3 PP om a questionable trip... perfectly placed shot, low inside the post.

Third goal, bad reverse by Chis Summers our Captain, bad coverage and a bad five hole goal.

Michigan hit 2 posts, a blown penalty shot (albeit a d-man took it) numerous empty nets to shoot at, a disallowed goal, PP chances... the biggest stat I heard was they took like 71 shots and 18 were blocked..!! Props to the Miami d-fense for that.

Oh, and Hill gets the boob official of the night call for "embellishment" on Hagelin. Kinda hard to embellish a call when your opponent has your stick wrapped around your crotch and is holding him to boot. Just kinda frustrating.

Comment

Brandon Smith from Hetland?! What the....? Gotta be happy for those two seniors. When was the last time Hetland played? No games last year (and healthy all year, I believe) and two in '07/'08? It's been a while.

UM looked very talented to me. Big effort and goaltending needed tonight from the RedHawks.

Comment

nice weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X