Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowell @ UVM 11/6

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
    Nothing was decided last night, in fact, it only highlighted how close these teams are to one another.
    I fail to see how this highlighted how close these teams are... UVM was at home and came with their A game. It took 2 completely idiotic penalties by Lowell in order for the momentum of the game to swing. Shot totals really don't tell the story of the game. It's the quality of those shots that really matter. If you look at the highlights that got posted on here, Lowell was getting great looks but were unable to connect. So the fact they got out shot is irrelevant.

Comment

I wasn't happy with the way Lowell played last night. I'll take the tie and look forward to the UNH game tomorrow.

The next time I think about UVM will be in March.
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
        I fail to see how this highlighted how close these teams are... UVM was at home and came with their A game. It took 2 completely idiotic penalties by Lowell in order for the momentum of the game to swing. Shot totals really don't tell the story of the game.
        Oh yeah, of course, Lowell really won this game in every way except on the scoreboard! Is that what you're trying to say?

I'd hardly say UVM came with their A game. They had their A game at times, other times not so much. And did you ever consider that part of the reason UML was even ahead 2 goals was due to "comletely idiotic penalties" by UVM? So, it works both ways.

As for shots, UVM led in shots, by a wide margin, and had plenty of good chances they didn't convert, particularly an open net chance by Vock on the power play in the 2nd period. I'll agree UML may not have had their A game, but give a little credit where credit's due.

Comment

Thers is a growing problem that seems to be happening. I notice Dehner and Schaus are playing about 30 minutes a game. If this continues, they are going to burn them out. Maybe give Wright a shot, or one of the other defensemen they have. But they cant keep playing these two so much without long paying a price later, Hope Goers gets back soon, he really is one of Lowells top defenseman

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
            Though a first round exit in the HE east playoffs last year led to a frozen four appearance
            Which in turn led to us winning WWII!!!!1!!!!111!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
              I fail to see how this highlighted how close these teams are... UVM was at home and came with their A game. It took 2 completely idiotic penalties by Lowell in order for the momentum of the game to swing. Shot totals really don't tell the story of the game. It's the quality of those shots that really matter. If you look at the highlights that got posted on here, Lowell was getting great looks but were unable to connect. So the fact they got out shot is irrelevant.
              This is why Lowell can't close out games with two goal leads, they become passive, take too many penalities, and sit on leads. Shot totals were a very important part of last night's game it showed that Vermont doesn't quit and had better chances. To say that UML was only in the game because the the power play shows that you can't take penalties against this team, not that UML should have won/loss the game. Yes, Irvin's PP goal changed the complexion of the game (a soft goal in my mind), but that another measure of a good team at home to come back and force a tie. Milo's goal in the third was another I put on goaltending, a very soft goal. Both teams had great chances to score goals and I don't have to look at video highlights, I was there.

Bottom line, a good team found a way to go up by two not playing a good game and a good team found a way to tie a game down by two. It's going to be four months before these teams see each other again to end the regular season. The schedule makers probably have gotten this one right because there may be a lot on the line at that point and I hope the next time we have to travel to Vermont is Feb/Mar 2011.
              - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ushl d man View Post
                Thers is a growing problem that seems to be happening. I notice Dehner and Schaus are playing about 30 minutes a game. If this continues, they are going to burn them out. Maybe give Wright a shot, or one of the other defensemen they have. But they cant keep playing these two so much without long paying a price later, Hope Goers gets back soon, he really is one of Lowells top defenseman
                I have not noticed it that much but I would have to speculate that if this is the case, 100% of the reason is due to Goers being out of the lineup.
                - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ushl d man View Post
                  This isn't the NHL. Lowell doesn't play 3, 4 or 5 games a week.
                  Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                    I have not noticed it that much but I would have to speculate that if this is the case, 100% of the reason is due to Goers being out of the lineup.
                    this is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                      This isn't the NHL. Lowell doesn't play 3, 4 or 5 games a week.
                      Agreed ... but it is still a lot of time to be on the ice for those two.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                      X