X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA (2013-14)

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    the silence from the WCHA is deafening. they need to get moving. off DU campus, out of Denver into new media.
    The league office isn't moving anywhere until 2013 at the earliest. There are 12 teams in the league, the offices are free and Bruce presumably lives in Denver.

The WCHA has a fiduciary duty to protect the interests of the 12 existing members. The WCHA can plan for the future, but until teams leave the conference they can't put interests of the "stayers" vs. ahead of the "departers."

If the WCHA does choose to relocate the league offices in 2013, are they going to go to the expense of paying Bruce's moving expenses? Doubtful. So the future site of the league offices will probably have more to do with the hometown of the new commissioner, if they go that route, than anything else.

If Bruce is commissioner in 2013 and beyond, they will probably stay in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      The league office isn't moving anywhere until 2013 at the earliest. There are 12 teams in the league, the offices are free and Bruce presumably lives in Denver.

The WCHA has a fiduciary duty to protect the interests of the 12 existing members. The WCHA can plan for the future, but until teams leave the conference they can't put interests of the "stayers" vs. ahead of the "departers."

If the WCHA does choose to relocate the league offices in 2013, are they going to go to the expense of paying Bruce's moving expenses? Doubtful. So the future site of the league offices will probably have more to do with the hometown of the new commissioner, if they go that route, than anything else.

F that, there is absolutely no reason for the office to stay in colorado after DU and CC have abandoned the league. Go back in to your hole dbag. I think I speak for everyone when I say no one cares about the interests of the departers and if the WCHA needs to start the transition this offseason, so be it. The rest of you can F off, you decided to leave and we need to get things in order.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        I've always had it explained that it's one exemption per year. No matter how many Alaskan universities you play against.
        That's incorrect. In 06-07, Nebraska Omaha played at the Nye Frontier Classic in Anchorage as well as at Fairbanks in CCHA play in February. They played 38 regular season games that year, 4 above the limit for those not playing at Alaska. When NMU goes to both Fairbanks and Anchorage, they will be able to schedule 38 games as well.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          F that, there is absolutely no reason for the office to stay in colorado after DU and CC have abandoned the league. Go back in to your hole dbag. I think I speak for everyone when I say no one cares about the interests of the departers and if the WCHA needs to start the transition this offseason, so be it. The rest of you can F off, you decided to leave and we need to get things in order.
          this.
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            This is seriously the most bizarre possibility I've yet heard (except for the lamebrained theory the Tigers would go after Fielder. ha ha). Really, it's like saying the Big 10 Conference offices will probably be in Anchorage.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I don't think the 8 schools leaving are going to go for moving offices while they are still in the league.
              "My greatest achievement."
              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader
                While it might be unethical as you suggest to do things against the interest of all a majority still rules and where does it say you have to reimburse Bruce the job is moving period
                Depending on the league by-laws you probably need more than 50% to make major decisions.

Big Ten - Wi, MN

NCHC - CC, DU, UND, UNO, SCSU, UMD

New WCHA - UAA, BSU, MSU, MTU

Comment

any class organization would recuse themselves from any input into this decision.

we sold the house, but we still want input into what color its painted.

typical.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

any class organization would recuse themselves from any input into this decision.

typical.
                    Who is going to pay for the paint?

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                      I don't think the 8 schools leaving are going to go for moving offices while they are still in the league.
                      Because of the screw job the NCHC schools pulled in regards to the by-laws, this was amended before NMU was accepted in.

A majority vote is needed, and it was amended that any changes that affect the future WCHA are to be voted upon by the future schools. This allowed the remaining WCHA schools to accept NMU without the need for votes from NoDak, CC, DU, UNO, UMn, or UW.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

typical.
                        The house doesn't change hands until 2013-14

Comment

Because of the screw job the NCHC schools pulled in regards to the by-laws, this was amended before NMU was accepted in.

A majority vote is needed, and it was amended that any changes that affect the future WCHA are to be voted upon by the future schools. This allowed the remaining WCHA schools to accept NMU without the need for votes from NoDak, CC, DU, UNO, UMn, or UW.
                          I didn't know that. I don't think the other teams would have opposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            That's incorrect. In 06-07, Nebraska Omaha played at the Nye Frontier Classic in Anchorage as well as at Fairbanks in CCHA play in February. They played 38 regular season games that year, 4 above the limit for those not playing at Alaska. When NMU goes to both Fairbanks and Anchorage, they will be able to schedule 38 games as well.
                            Wow! I was always told it was once and that's it for trips to Alaska. I knew the Hall of Fame game and Icebreaker were also exempted, but was apparently mis-told of the AK rules for a while.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wow! I was always told it was once and that's it for trips to Alaska. I knew the Hall of Fame game and Icebreaker were also exempted, but was apparently mis-told of the AK rules for a while.
                              There are tournament exemptions & Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico exemptions.

Denver Cup, Beanpot, Mariucci Classic, Nye, Icebreaker etc.

You can't get exemptions for two tournaments in the same season.

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                                I didn't know that. I don't think the other teams would have opposed.
                                The quirk came about because if six schools abstain, you do not have a majority vote. Or, the NCHC schools could have stuck it to the WCHA by voting no (with no votes or abstentions from B1G schools).

Would they have? I'd say no, but if any of the NCHC's wanted to start a pi**ing match with McLeod, how better than to screw the WCHA from allowing other teams. If NMU wasn't admitted, the WCHA would have dipped to five teams, less than the minimum required by the NCAA for a league.

Hard to switch conferences in the summer when agreements (like the CCHA's you're a member of ours for two years beyond the current year) are in place. Also makes scheduling a nightmare.

The NCHC schools were in a good position to screw McLeod and the remaining WCHA schools.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X