X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA (2013-14)

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Seriously dg, I used to respect you, but you've become one of the most insufferably arrogant SOBs on these boards.
    I can't believe I saw the word "respect" and "dg" collide in the same sentence. Well done. Though I'm not surprised that he's a big enough tool that he has to come into threads like this and, well, be himself.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I hope someone pours battery acid on Gwoz.
      Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Typical.
        You might as well be pouring battery acid on the situation with your assholish attitude you jackhole
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          At what point does USCHO require him to attend Anger Management classes as a condition of his return?
          Hey! Donald is the most even tempered poster on the board!

He's mad all the time.

Comment

Does anything think that there are any legs behind this:

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story...e=local_sports
            Considering it came from a well-informed source, I'd have to think there's some legs to this. The one suggestion that surprised me the most was Iowa State. However, considering that ISU is in the Big XII (perhaps more currently known as the Big 12-2-1+1-1, or Bevo's Lapdogs), I'd find it surprising if they entered the college hockey world by joining a conference that is effectively a bunch of castaways.

Personally, I'd like to see UAH become the 10th team in the WCHA, assuming there are some assurances that their program will still exist after a couple of years. If Moorhead and Green Bay make the leap to D-1, then open the doors and make the conference 12 members.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Personally I would welcome Huntsville and let's not worry if these other programs are about to hatch or not.( I think not). I know it adds to travel and that it will take more time but there are some benefits. In the mean time the marketing needs to get on the ball.

DG relax, it was three weeks ago now. Maybe you could go give OP some Courvoisier or something.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I hope someone pours battery acid on Gwoz.
                And splashes a lot on dg while he's on his knees in front of Gwoz?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  And splashes a lot on dg while he's on his knees in front of Gwoz?
                  That would be perfect.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The only way Huntsville gets in is with travel subsidy and long term commitment. Other than Bowling Green and maybe Ferris State, it's an almost impossible bus trip due to the 48 hour rule. Even from LSSU it's at least 16 hours when you account for meal stops. And I wouldn't expect that the NCAA would relax the 48 hour rule for UAH, because then they would be flooded with requests for exceptions. I hope UAH can do it. It's a good hockey town and much warmer than Fairbanks in February!
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Speaking of travel subsidies... UA_ gets out of theirs by switching conferences (and with the demise of the CCHA), and UAA already had a much relaxed financial assistance package for the remaining WCHA members... what's the new status of both Alaska School's travel subsidies?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        ... what's the new status of both Alaska School's travel subsidies?
                        That is the question I've been wanting to know also. As a Nook fan, I will be very happy if the travel subsidies are no longer a huge drain to our program.
                        Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Minneapolis (ease of air travel)

Huntsville

personally, I would waaay rather go to Bemidji or Huntsville (cool space rocket stuff) (warmer weather) than Stearns County or KZoo.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
                            That is the question I've been wanting to know also. As a Nook fan, I will be very happy if the travel subsidies are no longer a huge drain to our program.
                            I wouldn't get your hopes up.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I really hope that this thread gets sent to or read by at least half the AD's at the schools in the "new WCHA". It seems with all the talk of whats happening in the future, the one constant is I never hear anything from the WCHA. In my opinion, I love love to hear at least (3) things..

1. We are moving our offices immediately from Denver to either BSU, NMU or MTU (Any of the three are the most centrally located) or to Minneapolis for exposure. With this move, all of our staff will be replaced with new, younger and more progressive people who realize that the status quo is no longer an option, that we must sell the new league thru its own WCHA channel (Roku?) or Internet streaming options. As a fan of one team I will pay for the service and so would a great deal of others if given a fair value.
                              2. We are moving forward with the idea of adding a 10th team to round out the schedule and playoff format. Ideally that team is MSU-Moorhead so that we can solidify the Fargo/Moorhead market and its in the footprint of MN's hockey fan base. If the Iowa State and UW-Green bay rumors are true, than great, we can go to twelve and split into geographical divisions.
                              3. The Playoff Format will be the same as today, except the Tourney will be played at "???". I think that they should try a few areas to see what fits, but I thought all along that Green bay or Duluth would be the best options. As much as i would like to believe the Chicago option would work, i just don't believe it will. Mpls or St. Paul is always an option too, because once the "Not so super 8" conference is played at the Xcel in front of about 7,000-8,000 fans (on a good year, when UND doesn't make it there will be about 2-3K people there) they will see that the general public might rather go to mariucci to watch good hockey at a better price. But, this requires creative marketing and getting out there to sell the league.

I loved the interview on CHT with Denver's coach, and it is getting so annoying that nobody will answer the question what Miami and Western michigan offers that BSU and MSU-mankato didnt??

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                Minneapolis (ease of air travel)

Huntsville

personally, I would waaay rather go to Bemidji or Huntsville (cool space rocket stuff) (warmer weather) than Stearns County or KZoo.
                                I can't speak to Kalamazoo, I've only drive through there, but I agree about Stearns County and their cute little community college. The only redeeming quality that place has is a nasty bar with a nasty old bartender that Brent likes to hit on, that also has bouncers that occasionally kill people instead of just throwing them out, and that despite all that is still a fun time. I would really look forward to a trip to Huntsville.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X