Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

    It would be too long to list them, so I'm just gonna say:

    Goooooooooooo Favorites!!!!! (minus WMU)
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

    Comment


    • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

      Denver, Union and Maine can be eliminated but it would take tremendous upsets to do it, including SCSU or Tech running the table in the WCHA, Colgate or Harvard winning the ECAC, Providence winning HEA and Bowling Green winning the CCHA.

      For brevity's sake, can we agree to just call it "the parlay"?

      Comment


      • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

        Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        And from the looks of it, if North Dakota wins the WCHA and the rest of the top seeds win in the other conferences, the Sioux will be a #1 seed.
        i'm obviously looking at it from a maine viewpoint, but in my first pass on the predictor, i was able to get them up to a #1 seed (fourth overall)

        Rk Team PWR RPI Comparisons Won
        1 Minnesota-Duluth (MD) 29 .5590*
        2 Boston College (BC) 28 .5693
        3 Michigan (Mi) 27 .5600
        4t Maine (Me) 25 .5510*
        4t Miami (Mm) 25 .5494*
        4t Ferris State (FS) 25 .5493
        7 Union (Un) 23 .5483*
        8 North Dakota (ND) 21 .5476
        9t Minnesota (Mn) 20 .5482*
        9t Massachusetts-Lowell (ML) 20 .5434
        11 Boston University (BU) 19 .5458
        12t Western Michigan (WM) 18 .5420
        12t Cornell (Cr) 18 .5376
        14 Denver (DU) 17 .5412
        18t Colgate (Cg) 12 .5187
        23 Air Force (AF) 7 .5136


        Your Picks
        Atlantic Hockey
        Semifinal #2: Niagara defeats RIT
        Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Mercyhurst
        Championship game: Air Force defeats Niagara
        CCHA
        Semifinal #2: Western Michigan defeats Miami
        Semifinal #1: Michigan defeats Bowling Green
        Championship game: Western Michigan defeats Michigan
        Consolation game: Miami defeats Bowling Green
        ECAC
        Semifinal #2: Cornell defeats Harvard
        Semifinal #1: Colgate defeats Union
        Championship game: Colgate defeats Cornell
        Consolation game: Union defeats Harvard
        Hockey East
        Semifinal #2: Maine defeats Boston University
        Semifinal #1: Providence defeats Boston College
        Championship game: Maine defeats Providence
        WCHA
        Play-in #2: Denver defeats Michigan Tech
        Play-in #1: North Dakota defeats St. Cloud State
        Semifinal #2: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Denver
        Semifinal #1: North Dakota defeats Minnesota
        Championship game: Minnesota-Duluth defeats North Dakota

        Comment


        • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

          North Dakota is not perfectly safe either yet:
          WCHA Play-in #2: Denver defeats Michigan Tech.
          WCHA Play-in #1: St. Cloud State defeats North Dakota.
          WCHA Semifinal #2: Denver defeats Minnesota-Duluth.
          WCHA Semifinal #1: St. Cloud State defeats Minnesota.
          WCHA Championship game: St. Cloud State defeats Denver.
          Hockey East Semifinal #2: Maine defeats Boston University.
          Hockey East Semifinal #1: Providence defeats Boston College.
          Hockey East Championship game: Providence defeats Maine.
          ECAC Semifinal #2: Harvard defeats Cornell.
          ECAC Semifinal #1: Union defeats Colgate.
          ECAC Championship game: Harvard defeats Union.
          ECAC Consolation game: Cornell defeats Colgate.
          CCHA Semifinal #2: Western Michigan defeats Miami.
          CCHA Semifinal #1: Michigan defeats Bowling Green.
          CCHA Championship game: Western Michigan defeats Michigan.
          CCHA Consolation game: Miami defeats Bowling Green.
          Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: RIT defeats Niagara.
          Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Mercyhurst.
          Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Air Force defeats RIT

          Results in No Dakota being the last team out.

          To summarize the above:
          AHA - AF over RIT
          CCHA - WM over Mich (Champ); Miami over BG (conso)
          ECAC - Harvard over Union (Champ); Cornell over Colgate (conso)
          HE - Providence over Maine
          WCHA - SCSU over Denver (which I think resolves all 5 games)

          Comment


          • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

            Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Denver, Union and Maine can be eliminated but it would take tremendous upsets to do it, including SCSU or Tech running the table in the WCHA, Colgate or Harvard winning the ECAC, Providence winning HEA and Bowling Green winning the CCHA.

            For brevity's sake, can we agree to just call it "the parlay"?
            I can get Lowell out but it requires BGSU, PC, Harvard, and North Dakota all winning out.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

            Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey


            NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

            Comment


            • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

              Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
              i'm obviously looking at it from a maine viewpoint, but in my first pass on the predictor, i was able to get them up to a #1 seed (fourth overall)
              Wishful thinking. You've got some crazy *** picks in HE and ECAC. BBears playing the Friars in the Championship? BC the hottest team in the country tanking vs PC? Colgate beating Union?
              Last edited by MagnessMan; 03-11-2012, 11:44 PM.
              Go Pioneers!

              Comment


              • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                Originally posted by Patman View Post
                I can get Lowell out but it requires BGSU, PC, Harvard, and North Dakota all winning out.
                Sounds like the Riverhawks are a lock. Hope the extra rest helps.
                Go Pioneers!

                Comment


                • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                  No



                  Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  And from the looks of it, if North Dakota wins the WCHA and the rest of the top seeds win in the other conferences, the Sioux will be a #1 seed.

                  WCHA Play-in #2: Denver defeats Michigan Tech.
                  WCHA Play-in #1: North Dakota defeats St. Cloud State.
                  WCHA Semifinal #2: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Denver.
                  WCHA Semifinal #1: North Dakota defeats Minnesota.
                  WCHA Championship game: North Dakota defeats Minnesota-Duluth.
                  Hockey East Semifinal #2: Boston University defeats Maine.
                  Hockey East Semifinal #1: Boston College defeats Providence.
                  Hockey East Championship game: Boston College defeats Boston University.
                  ECAC Semifinal #2: Cornell defeats Harvard.
                  ECAC Semifinal #1: Union defeats Colgate.
                  ECAC Championship game: Union defeats Cornell.
                  ECAC Consolation game: Harvard defeats Colgate.
                  CCHA Semifinal #2: Western Michigan defeats Miami.
                  CCHA Semifinal #1: Michigan defeats Bowling Green.
                  CCHA Championship game: Michigan defeats Western Michigan.
                  CCHA Consolation game: Miami defeats Bowling Green.
                  Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: Niagara defeats RIT.
                  Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Mercyhurst.
                  Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Air Force defeats Niagara.

                  Which results in...

                  1. BC
                  2. Michigan
                  3. North Dakota
                  3. Minnesota Duluth
                  3. BU
                  6. Union
                  6. Ferris State
                  8. Miami
                  9. Lowell
                  10. Minnesota
                  10. Maine
                  10. Cornell
                  13. Denver
                  14. Michigan State
                  14. Western Michigan
                  23. Air Force

                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                    Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                    Wishful thinking. You've got some crazy *** picks in HE and ECAC. BBears playing the Friars in the Championship? BC the hottest team in the country tanking vs PC? Colgate beating Union?
                    didn't say it was going to happen, but given priceless is a maine fan and he's calculated what it would take for maine to be on the outside looking in, i was looking to see how high i could get them.... clearly some of those picks are out there...

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                      Merrimack is NOT out. WMU/Cornell lose twice, Maine over BU, chalk everywhere else and MC is the last team in.
                      \_(ツ)_/

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                        Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Merrimack is NOT out. WMU/Cornell lose twice, Maine over BU, chalk everywhere else and MC is the last team in.
                        hmm... I've been trying to figure that one out... didn't think to have Cornell drop.

                        edit: Merrimack AND NMU get in under that situation... or at least the one I have in front of me.

                        WCHA Play-in #2: Denver defeats Michigan Tech.
                        WCHA Play-in #1: North Dakota defeats St. Cloud State.
                        WCHA Semifinal #2: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Denver.
                        WCHA Semifinal #1: Minnesota defeats North Dakota.
                        WCHA Championship game: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Minnesota.
                        Hockey East Semifinal #2: Maine defeats Boston University.
                        Hockey East Semifinal #1: Boston College defeats Providence.
                        Hockey East Championship game: Maine defeats Boston College.
                        ECAC Semifinal #2: Harvard defeats Cornell.
                        ECAC Semifinal #1: Union defeats Colgate.
                        ECAC Championship game: Union defeats Harvard.
                        ECAC Consolation game: Colgate defeats Cornell.
                        CCHA Semifinal #2: Miami defeats Western Michigan.
                        CCHA Semifinal #1: Michigan defeats Bowling Green.
                        CCHA Championship game: Miami defeats Michigan.
                        CCHA Consolation game: Bowling Green defeats Western Michigan.
                        Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: RIT defeats Niagara.
                        Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Mercyhurst.
                        Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Air Force defeats RIT.

                        I had Maine at the AQ because it was an attempt to boost Merrimack's RPI.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

                        Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey


                        NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                          Numbers, there are still quite a few plausible* scenarios where Minnesota can win the Broadmoor and still finish #5 or lower in the PWR.

                          * not crazy

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                            Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            I can get Lowell out but it requires BGSU, PC, Harvard, and North Dakota all winning out.
                            Patman, Can you provide more detail? I can get this to work, and put Lowell out.

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                              Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              hmm... I've been trying to figure that one out... didn't think to have Cornell drop.

                              edit: Merrimack AND NMU get in under that situation... or at least the one I have in front of me.

                              WCHA Play-in #2: Denver defeats Michigan Tech.
                              WCHA Play-in #1: North Dakota defeats St. Cloud State.
                              WCHA Semifinal #2: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Denver.
                              WCHA Semifinal #1: Minnesota defeats North Dakota.
                              WCHA Championship game: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Minnesota.
                              Hockey East Semifinal #2: Maine defeats Boston University.
                              Hockey East Semifinal #1: Boston College defeats Providence.
                              Hockey East Championship game: Maine defeats Boston College.
                              ECAC Semifinal #2: Harvard defeats Cornell.
                              ECAC Semifinal #1: Union defeats Colgate.
                              ECAC Championship game: Union defeats Harvard.
                              ECAC Consolation game: Colgate defeats Cornell.
                              CCHA Semifinal #2: Miami defeats Western Michigan.
                              CCHA Semifinal #1: Michigan defeats Bowling Green.
                              CCHA Championship game: Miami defeats Michigan.
                              CCHA Consolation game: Bowling Green defeats Western Michigan.
                              Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: RIT defeats Niagara.
                              Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Mercyhurst.
                              Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Air Force defeats RIT.

                              I had Maine at the AQ because it was an attempt to boost Merrimack's RPI.
                              MC fans should be rooting hard for Union, they HAVE to win two, and Cornell/WMU need to lose two. Other than that Maine-BC title game winner is irrelevant, WCHA/CCHA winners are not relevant so long as its one of the top seeds.
                              \_(ツ)_/

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament: Bracketology

                                Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                                Numbers, there are still quite a few plausible* scenarios where Minnesota can win the Broadmoor and still finish #5 or lower in the PWR.

                                * not crazy
                                I'm looking at one right now. See if this matches your results. BU over BC in HE, Miami over Mich in CCHA. That preserves all 4 of those teams above Minnesota. I'll try it with Maine in place of BU also.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X