No announcement yet.

Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/6, 11/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale & Brown @ RPI & Union (11/6, 11/7)

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    - Play an appropriately physical game -- i.e. finish checks, be relentless on the forecheck and win the loose puck battles

- And of course, the ever-present key: "avoid senseless penalties"
    Depending on who the officials are for this game, these two tasks may be wildly incompatible. You know who I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchops View Post
      Depending on who the officials are for this game, these two tasks may be wildly incompatible. You know who I mean.
      Oh come on now, let's try to be optimistic !
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

It's that time of year again where you root for your travel partner on Fridays to at the very least soften up the other guy for Saturday!
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          It's that time of year again where you root for your travel partner on Fridays to at the very least soften up the other guy for Saturday!
          "At least"? You don't actually expect me to root for Union to win? Softening them up will be fine.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jensen and Kerins spotted carbo-loading during "Free Burrito Day" at the grand opening of a local Chipotle restaurant. There aren't many things better than free food !

http://www.timesunion.com/seen/seen2...hipotle/?img=8
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchops View Post
              It appears that we will draw the same officials for multiple home games this year-travel expenses may dictate that the same officials work both games on a weekend and more games at their closest home arena than in the past. That being said-I sure hope we do not get Kotyra and Murphy multiple times this year
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Jensen and Kerins spotted carbo-loading during "Free Burrito Day" at the grand opening of a local Chipotle restaurant. There aren't many things better than free food !

http://www.timesunion.com/seen/seen2...hipotle/?img=8
                Wise choices of hats by both.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Whaddya think RB, any chance they are both in the lineup tomorrow night?

Comment

"At least"? You don't actually expect me to root for Union to win? Softening them up will be fine.
                    I feel exactly the same. Wouldn't mind at all if they each get a few game disqualifications too We will have our hands full friday with Yale and I think a lot of people have underestimated Brown. I still picked them 12th in the league but I do think they are a much tougher team to play than the last couple years.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Whaddya think RB, any chance they are both in the lineup tomorrow night?
                      Jensen hasn't played yet. Yes, there is a chance, but I don't expect him to play vs. Yale. Do you know something that I do not?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sadly I must once again register my annual complaint at the lack of selection of RPI hockey apparel available for purchase at games. While it's gotten to the point where I don't usually bother to look any more, I did stop the other night... Not a single item -- not at hat, shirt, sweatshirt or flip-flop -- had the word hockey on them anywhere.

While I have come to terms with never finding a hat to fit my melon-shaped head (all of RPI's hats are yarmulke sized), I don't think asking for an item or two that actually contains the word h-o-c-k-e-y is too much to ask? Maybe I'll mention it to Shirley when I see her at the Aretha concert...
                        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-05-2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Jensen hasn't played yet. Yes, there is a chance, but I don't expect him to play vs. Yale. Do you know something that I do not?
                          No, just wondered if his carbo-loading was related to his job status....throwing it out there to bump thread.

Comment

I forgot to ask -- did anyone spot our new AC on the job last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              I had a feeling this day would come where I actually agree with RC.

Comment

I know this could have a deleterious impact and nobody wants to see anything happen to you (at least until you hit 100,000 posts).

Comment

Working...
                                X