Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    The quality of officiating is so far behind the quality of play league-wide that it is a real shame. The ECAC isn't much different.
    This.

It really is a joke night in and night out. The fact that Bertanga puts his head in the sand and trots out the same idiots with the same result every year is insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      Nope, you are still wrong.
      It must give you a nice sense of false security being so close-minded.

Comment

I know that Cisse was benched for indifferent play, of late. However, he was dressed and epoxied to the bench for the first period. He was nowhere to be found for the third period. Does anyone know what transpired?
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

It is my opinion that embellishment when there is a penalty being called is a stupid rule.
          That is my opinion. You can disagree with my opinion, and make your own points. But you can't tell me that I am wrong, just like I won't tell you that you are wrong. Just that we disagree.

The embellishment call in the Rangers - Flyers outdoor game, when the fouled player would have had a breakaway with an empty net is another example of why it is a stupid rule. Why would a would go down in that situation unless he was brought down. There is no other reason. But because the referee is asked to judge intent, and in this his his judgement was so wrong, shows why he shoudn't even be asked to make that judgement. Just make the **** call.

The more cut and dry you can make it for the officials, the higher level of officiating we'll get. The more judgement, and particularly judgement of intent, you add into the equation, the more inconsistency and lower level of officiating we'll get.
          Right now, the level is pretty low.
          For what it's worth, I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            I know that Cisse was benched for indifferent play, of late. However, he was dressed and epoxied to the bench for the first period. He was nowhere to be found for the third period. Does anyone know what transpired?
            Someone might want to check with the BC hockey blogger before heading over to the Freep. He'll probably have the scoop before they do... just sayin...
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Someone might want to check with the BC hockey blogger before heading over to the Freep. He'll probably have the scoop before they do... just sayin...
              The Freep doesn't post here anymore, so it's not that relevant anyway.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Agganis will never be able to duplicate the atmosphere at Walter Brown, which had the low metal roof to hold all of the noise in. Even if 6,300 people individually made the same noise that 3,700 could make at WBA, it wouldn't be as loud.
                That is the price of progress.
                I plan on saying this every time someone mentions the atmosphere will never be the same as WBA for the next month (so y'all should say it a lot if you want me to pad my post count): Buy tickets to the game on 3/3 at NU, ideally the front half of 26, 25 or 24. You'll have your WBA atmosphere back.

Comment

Sorry Harry, but I disgree with you.

An infraction followed by an imbelishment call are two different offenses. 1) is the infraction. i.e., Player A is cross-checked in the back. 2) is the "sell job." Player B (the cross-checkie) trying to "sell the call" with the ref, by shooting his head back and flopping to the ice like he's been shot. (See any NBA game.) I agree that #2 should be called when it happens. And 90% of the time, they get it right.

BU Hockey: SFA Trained
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Hey, as a graduate of SFA I gotta say Noonan needs some work. That guy couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Sorry Harry, but I disgree with you.

An infraction followed by an imbelishment call are two different offenses. 1) is the infraction. i.e., Player A is cross-checked in the back. 2) is the "sell job." Player B (the cross-checkie) trying to "sell the call" with the ref, by shooting his head back and flopping to the ice like he's been shot. (See any NBA game.) I agree that #2 should be called when it happens. And 90% of the time, they get it right.

BU Hockey: Last week, handshake protocol
                      This week, acting reviews
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        BU Hockey: Last week, handshake protocol
                        This week, acting reviews
                        Oh yeah. Handshakes both nights? What happened with lowell/umass? Uhn/bc?

Hoky was wrong?!?!? Mercy!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          The Freep doesn't post here anymore, so it's not that relevant anyway.
                          Banished to the fanboy echo chamber by the likes of a 15 year old. Ouch.

I, for one, have missed the gossip about err reporting of random hook ups and non-flirty boys which has coincidentally diminished since she left.

Maybe quackquack can regal us with his tales of jersey chasing instead to fill the void
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            heard rumor he got dressed and left the rink after the second, his decision not team's.... hope that was not the case

Comment

• Originally posted by 3hock View Post
                              heard rumor he got dressed and left the rink after the second, his decision not team's.... hope that was not the case
                              Thanks.

How ya been?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 3hock View Post
                                welcome back and thanks for the info. hopefully if this is the case, it's not a running problem between him and the team.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X