Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Don't forget the fight game in 03-04 when a not good BU team beat Maine 1-0 with a fight with 3 seconds left
    My name is "bostonewe" and this is why I am addicted to BU Hockey.

I grew up in Northeast PA and graduated from high school just as hockey was taking hold in the area (2002). I had never even seen a game on TV, much less in person, and a friend of mine got us tickets to that game. That was my first ever hockey game. I sat in Section 12 and got to see the craziness of the band in Section 7 (and some guy, who was apparently the student body president, danced to "You Can Call Me Al") and when I walked around, I then saw Section 8. To say I was hooked is an understatement

Comment

Scoreboard fixed! Lights? Not so much. Time for a new arena? Gives me time to think about how to improve the pizza here.
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        Scoreboard fixed! Lights? Not so much. Time for a new arena? Gives me time to think about how to improve the pizza here.
        If you're callin that pizza, I think you have a problem!
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

THEY not only call it pizza, they call it NORTH END pizza. Disturbing.

Comment

• Whoa. Castro needs to clear when he gets the chance. Bobby Orr, ah not. Didn't see the angle on the 2nd goal (against my view). The 3rd goal, Millan was a stick figure, way too far back. I was over the shooters shoulder and could see so much net I gasped.. I think that mainer did too! Last goal? I can only imagine---"thought the goalie was still there..." "didn't wantto lift his stick and have the ref call hooking...". Whatever.

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
            THEY not only call it pizza, they call it NORTH END pizza. Disturbing.
            It's the north end of the arena, right?!? . Hello, hello??
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Goal 1 - Nicastro has GOT to clear.
              Goal 2 - Millan can't let in from that angle on the backhand.
              Goal 3 - Noonan can't make the horrid defensive play that leads to the penalty kill.
              Goal 4 - Clendening can't be that lazy.

Some nights you beat yourself.
              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Not their night. Some good things. Some bad things. Some shotty reffing. Eh. I like this team. I think they will bounce back tomorrow.

BU Hockey: They Seem To Care
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Not their night. Some good things. Some bad things. Some shotty reffing. Eh. I like this team. I think they will bounce back tomorrow.

BU Hockey: They Seem To Care
                  Bad officiating led to Maine's game-winning power play goal. There should have been no power play because there was no penalty.
                  The referee made a poor technical mistake.
                  He anticipated that there was going to be a penalty, so he called a penalty.
                  There was no hooking penalty by Megan. There wasn't anything that could be considered slashing, either.
                  The referee followed a 2-on-1 with Megan trailing the puck carrier. In that situation there is often enough stick contact from the trailing defender to call a penalty. Not in this case. Megan could have done a lot more.

Credit to Maine for converting on the power play, but they didn't deserve one.

It should have been a 2-2 game and gone to overtime.
                  If that happened, who knows if either team would have won or if it had been a tie.

Those that seem to think that Parker has the referees in his back pocket, here is another example of where that wasn't true. And there wasn't a make-up call for the home team after the mistake, either.

Comment

Adam Clandenning does not deserve a spot on this team with that performance at the end of the game. He threw the last play. There was no excuse for that performance and he should be kicked off of this team.

Comment

Let's see how this team responds to a loss tonight where they have to feel a sting, having really left a lot of opportunities on the ice, got some bad puck luck, and a couple of stray whistles. Certainly not a demoralizing loss, but hopefully one that stings the right amount to where they come out and put forth a strong solid effort to reverse the poor result from tonight.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                        Adam Clandenning does not deserve a spot on this team with that performance at the end of the game. He threw the last play. There was no excuse for that performance and he should be kicked off of this team.
                        Ouch! That was upsetting I and was disappointed to see him pull up at the end of that play, but that is way too harsh. It's unlikely he could have broken that play up. #6 looked hurt so that would leave the team very shorthanded at D. Is he OK? Will we see Ruikka tonight?

Maine's center ice trap was annoying and very effective. Hopefully BU wins tonight.
                        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          Goal 1 - Nicastro has GOT to clear.
                          Goal 2 - Millan can't let in from that angle on the backhand.
                          Goal 3 - Noonan can't make the horrid defensive play that leads to the penalty kill.
                          Goal 4 - Clendening can't be that lazy.

Some nights you beat yourself.
                          Yes, yes, and yes. When Nicastro was skating that puck up the ice near the end of Maine's PP I literally starting saying aloud, "No, No, No, Nooo!" He was trying to run a play when he should have been dumping the puck.

Your other observations are also spot-on!
                          Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                            That's a bit harsh, but I'm a little confused about what he was doing on that play. He needed to get a body between the puck and the net. Instead he seemed to pull up and gave the shooter a free shot on the open net. I was watching him on that play more than the Mainer and based on what he was doing I thought the refs had blown the play dead and I just didn't hear it. I think he probably didn't want to take a penalty you got to be more aggressive than that.
                            #OneKnight

Comment

I saw the same thing. Bavis' reaction on the bench seemed to indicate he saw the same thing we did. Not sure it would've made a difference but these guys are certainly not coached to do that. Totally inconsistent with the type of effort that this team has grown accustomed to showing lately. Just my opinion.

Comment

The video highlights are up at goterriers.com, and while they only show the empty-netter for about five seconds, that angle sure makes Clendening look bad. Really, really bad. You almost can't believe it.
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X