• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    I have no life.
    Fyp
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Re: DU "Tebow" SCSU 12/16 & 12/17

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Yeah, but we're a second half team, so consider yourself warned.
      Then lucky for them they're playing us in the first half.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Then lucky for them they're playing us in the first half.
        I have always wondered what makes someone try to correct another person when they haven't bothered to check the facts.

If you look at the schedule, we have played 18 games. We have 18 games remaining. This would make the upcoming games numbers 19 and 20. Which would be in the second half of the season.
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I have always wondered what makes someone try to correct another person when they haven't bothered to check the facts.

If you look at the schedule, we have played 18 games. We have 18 games remaining. This would make the upcoming games numbers 19 and 20. Which would be in the second half of the season.
          You can define it however you want, but first I'd say that the first half is before the break, not exact # of games, so I would think either Christmas break would work or personally, I'm going with New Years.

Secondly, if we're gonna get technical, for sure Friday's game is first half. Even if we get bounced in the first round and don't make the NCAAs, we are still gonna play two more games after that.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

You can define it however you want, but first I'd say that the first half is before the break, not exact # of games, so I would think either Christmas break would work or personally, I'm going with New Years.

Secondly, if we're gonna get technical, for sure Friday's game is first half. Even if we get bounced in the first round and don't make the NCAAs, we are still gonna play two more games after that.
            So basically you can't admit you were wrong, so you will arbitrarily define what is the halfway point?

The two games we are guaranteed to play in the wcha playoffs are in the playoffs. Also called the postseason. So, not part of the regular season.

Long story longer, don't try to correct someone unless you are sure you are correct.

Comment

Hate to be in this duel's line of fire, but most people count the 2nd half of the season beginning after the break.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Who cares.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

So basically you can't admit you were wrong, so you will arbitrarily define what is the halfway point?

The two games we are guaranteed to play in the wcha playoffs are in the playoffs. Also called the postseason. So, not part of the regular season.

Long story longer, don't try to correct someone unless you are sure you are correct.
                  You're right, I forgot that you said we're a second half of the regular season team. Oh wait...

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Who cares.
                  You want to contribute any hockey talk here?

How about this... Recently separated Minnesotan Lindsey Vonn denies she's dating Tebow. That's about as close as to an on-topic conversation as we can get going in a DU-SCSU thread by Wednesday.

Comment

You're right, I forgot that you said we're a second half of the regular season team. Oh wait...

You want to contribute any hockey talk here?

How about this... Recently separated Minnesotan Lindsey Vonn denies she's dating Tebow. That's about as close as to an on-topic conversation as we can get going in a DU-SCSU thread by Wednesday.
                    Yeah, like there is usually "hockey talk" in a St. Cloud thread.
                    Arguing over when the 2nd half of the season starts has to be one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen and considering some of the stupid arguments in SCSU threads, that's saying something.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Will there be much of a student section for the games this weekend?
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Who cares.
                        SCSU fans thats who...
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          I doubt many studentss will be there since from what I understand finals are this week. I expect 3,000 tops each game in the NHC this weekend.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            No... finals week + we just tied and lost to Bemidji at home + you guys draw about as well as Bowling Green in our building = not good

Comment

Will these games be televised? It looks like it on the SCSU website but Comcast TV doesn't say it..?
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

The guide on Charter here in St. Cloud says the mankato game. I'm guessing maybe because finals are this week, students that work on the production are gone for break? That would also mean the Western Michigan games are probably not on either.
                                This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                                www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Working...
                                X