Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
    Remember that Appert said Polacek made Jda and Pirri better, not the other way around. I think we may be seeing how important Polacek, York and even Hefrich were both on and off the ice. This senior class pales in comparison in many ways.
    Personally, I think that Polacek made D'Amigo and Pirri better mainly because of his experience. If D'A and Pirri had stayed, they would probably have become the better players.

With York subtracted from this year's senior class there is not much high-end talent, and the same can be said to an even greater extent about the junior class without D'A and Pirri.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Personally, I think that Polacek made D'Amigo and Pirri better mainly because of his experience. If D'A and Pirri had stayed, they would probably have become the better players.

With York subtracted from this year's senior class there is not much high-end talent, and the same can be said to an even greater extent about the junior class without D'A and Pirri.
      You have to wonder why the senior class got voted among the top 15 freshman classes....

Comment

Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
        You have to wonder why the senior class got voted among the top 15 freshman classes....
        Mike Bergin was part of that class as well. Two draft picks and a marginal one (although did not get in) in Patrick Cullen excited people.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Mike Bergin was part of that class as well. Two draft picks and a marginal one (although did not get in) in Patrick Cullen excited people.
          Actually, AAG was the third person that they named for the class http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...steam_0702.htm, although he was not one of the top forwards.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For all of those who are doubting the coach and this years team, do me a favor and dont show up to the field house this weekend or any weekend from now on for the games. Honestly, I dont want to hear you booing or saying they should get rid of Appert and why isnt the upperclassmen doing anything. I will be there cheering my team on and wishing they find a way to break out of this slump with 2 victories in league play. 2 plus months remain in the season and its all league play aside from AIC from here, so show up to the field house ready to support this team and finally, happy new year to all and lets go red.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              For all of those who are doubting the coach and this years team, do me a favor and dont show up to the field house this weekend or any weekend from now on for the games. Honestly, I dont want to hear you booing or saying they should get rid of Appert and why isnt the upperclassmen doing anything. I will be there cheering my team on and wishing they find a way to break out of this slump with 2 victories in league play. 2 plus months remain in the season and its all league play aside from AIC from here, so show up to the field house ready to support this team and finally, happy new year to all and lets go red.
              People who are parents realize that you can simultaneously "support" someone by giving them love / encouragement / backing and also raise legitimate questions about certain choices in how people behave in particular circumstances.

Translating to athletics, when athletes get "tight" they tend to resort to the familiar; an opponent who recognizes this trait and who is knows what is coming can be better prepared to exploit these tendencies. Anticipatory coaching prepares a response for this contingency.

We can both point out the need for these responses and have hope that we will see them implemented.

Were I involved, I would urge people to forget the record entirely and focus entirely on what is under your direct control. Set specific game objectives in terms of how you play together (did we execute what we practiced? Good! or whatever) and ignore the score. That's a trait that makes the UConn women's basketball team so dominant, for example; it also works in reverse with a team still learning to find its way. The responses so far have been encouraging; from my perspective: Coach is asserting responsibility not making excuses, for example.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
                York and Bergin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

D'Amigo had one great year, including the world Juniors. He has not played to that level since leaving RPI. He would have been a ver good college, but I don' t believe he would have been a hobby baker finalist.

Comment

D'Amigo had one great year, including the world Juniors. He has not played to that level since leaving RPI. He would have been a ver good college, but I don' t believe he would have been a hobby baker finalist.
                    From all that I have read, he's much improved this year over last.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Please take this to the alumni......(swallow).....thread!!!!!
                      Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Which means that he may NOW be ready for the pros. Even his father admitted that he left too early.

Comment

Off topic but Alan York was in attendence @ the UML game...as hard is it may seem to believe it looked like he actually lost weight...he was sitting w/the non dressed players.
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            Neither does he. He thinks we had a guy named "D'Amingo."

Beman is just a lame old codger who is way too attached to the past. You know, the glory years when we were the middle of the pack every single season. You know, nothing ventured, nothing gained, no problems.
                            Yeah it is reale better now. I can watch games that we have no chance of winning. What are you venturing? Getting players that will stay a couple years and leave. You have no clue. Never have.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Neither does he. He thinks we had a guy named "D'Amingo."

Beman is just a lame old codger who is way too attached to the past. You know, the glory years when we were the middle of the pack every single season. You know, nothing ventured, nothing gained, no problems.
                              Old Codger? At least I don't stalk parents of the engineer players. You are reale creepy

Comment

It is troubling how RPI has faded late in the year under Appert. They are 5-11 in postseason play and 5-10 in ECAC playoffs.
                                The combined record in their final 10 regular season games under Appert is 13-32-4. That's fewer than 3 wins per year in their final 10 games.
                                Maybe starting the season in early August makes them peak too early. Last year there were a ton of injuries in the final months of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X