Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
    I would highly doubt it...a 14-team league would mean 26 league games a season assuming a home and away for each, leaving the Ivys just 3 nonconference games in their already-short schedule. I have a hard time imagining them going for that. The only way I would see it happening is if they broke the ECAC into two divisions or something like that, but all it accomplishes for the teams already in the league is drop the chances of earning the autobid in any given year, not to mention there's no good/balanced way to split the conference into divisions with 14 teams.
    I forgot the Ivys would only have 3 nonconference games, that definately wouldnt go over to well with them, especially Harvard with the Beanpot. Guess it would be hard to pull off even if they went to 16 teams and split into a east and west division.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I agree. Also, 14 not being a multiple of 4, would mean that either one pair would be idle, playing OOC, or playing one or both parts of their home-and-home every week. In any case, it would complicate scheduling.
      Unless we were to ditch the travel partners and do something similar to what the WCHA does with 10 teams (and given there were times they played teams four times, it's doable).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Unless we were to ditch the travel partners and do something similar to what the WCHA does with 10 teams (and given there were times they played teams four times, it's doable).
        What do mean by "it's doable"? It doesn't seem doable just by what GRussinko said unless the league went to an unbalanced schedule. The Ivies won't want fewer OOC games.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The only reason the WCHA does what it does is because of the travel distances. It would make no rational sense in such a relatively compact league to have teams playing each other twice in the same venue in the same weekend.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            The only reason the WCHA does what it does is because of the travel distances. It would make no rational sense in such a relatively compact league to have teams playing each other twice in the same venue in the same weekend.
            Except that SA seems to like it.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Except that SA seems to like it.
              For the rivalry aspect only. I'm sure he doesn't want to spend two nights in Ithaca.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                I am in full agreement. "Doability" was determined merely from a standpoint of scheduling within the league only, meaning it's not impossible. Desirability is nonexistent.

Comment

There is an invitation on the RPI athletics site to ask the AD.
                  I just posed the question to him as to what his response would be if invited to join Hockey East.
                  I will let you know what kind of response I get. If any.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

I am in full agreement. "Doability" was determined merely from a standpoint of scheduling within the league only, meaning it's not impossible. Desirability is nonexistent.
                    Therefore, it was mentioned by you because...

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      There is an invitation on the RPI athletics site to ask the AD.
                      I just posed the question to him as to what his response would be if invited to join Hockey East.
                      I will let you know what kind of response I get. If any.
                      It's certainly a fair question to pose to any AD, given the amount of conference-hopping that has been engaged in by so many schools in so many different sports over the last year or two.

I won't be surprised if the response (if any) is on the evasive side.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                        It's certainly a fair question to pose to any AD, given the amount of conference-hopping that has been engaged in by so many schools in so many different sports over the last year or two.

I certainly don't expect a direct answer, but we may get an idea of what he may be thinking.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Exactly my opinion however the exact wording could reveal something.

Edit: which is probably what EHF meant
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Exactly my opinion however the exact wording could reveal something.

Edit: which is probably what EHF meant
                            Exact wording revealing something? What are we, a bunch of lawyers?!

Comment

Exact wording revealing something? What are we, a bunch of lawyers?!
                              No, but reading between the lines can be useful.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No, but reading between the lines can be useful.
                                OK; for a second, I thought I was on the Q-Pac thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X