Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
    Doc, No argument that on several occasions the D has let Bryce down but IMO he has 2 major flaws in his game that aren`t getting any better and are being exploited more and more.
    I most certainly agree-but we must remember that he was never recruited to be the number one goaltender for us. With York leaving a year early-and who could blame him-he was thrust into the role. If we were last year's team, scoring like we did then, he would look a lot better to us. But this is just my 2 cents since I am far from a goalie expert.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I think that SA does, but Fridgen seemed to rarely use them.
      Fridgen seemed like he often forgot we had a timeout to use. Maybe I am missing something, but I haven't felt the same about SA. I do question some of his tactics at times but haven't seen anything involving timeouts that I could focus on
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Fridgen seemed like he often forgot we had a timeout to use. Maybe I am missing something, but I haven't felt the same about SA. I do question some of his tactics at times but haven't seen anything involving timeouts that I could focus on
        Exactly my opinion. We always seemed to be saying the Fridgen should have called a timeout, but he rarely did. OTOH, I think that SA does a great job at calling timeouts. That and recruiting are two of the things that I would never fault him for to date. Using one timeout at the most propitious time is very difficult, without having the benefit of hindsight, and SA does this very well.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-18-2011, 04:02 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
          IMO stands for In My Opinion not IN my EXPERT opinion. I am as entitled to my opinion as anyone else on this board. I have been attending RPI games since 1970 and have witnessed many times the good and bad results of time out usage. Trust me when I tell you that waiting until you are hopelessly beaten and calling one for the extra attacker when down by multiple goals very seldom works.
          You're tenure does not justify your knowledge.....I don't trust you.........take it easy big boy or I'll get jeffreyon after you!
          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
            Im not advocating naming names....just sayin its one thing to stand up in a crowd and proclaim your going to kick someones a**...its a whole differnt thing to stand in a crowd and point one person out and say Im going to kick YOUR a**.So to say someone quit is a strong claim...maybe they are frustrated or mad but to say they quit or wilted like a flower however you want to dance around it is a strong statement...Ill say it agian I see no evidence of anyone quitting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Either we have different definitions of "quitting", or you leave games at the second intermission. I may not have been at the first Union game, but just hearing Kurt's (or was it Perry's?) call, it sounded like we didn't even bother showing up for the third (figuratively), and put forth no sense of urgency to get back in the game. If that's not giving up, I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Either we have different definitions of "quitting", or you leave games at the second intermission. I may not have been at the first Union game, but just hearing Kurt's (or was it Perry's?) call, it sounded like we didn't even bother showing up for the third (figuratively), and put forth no sense of urgency to get back in the game. If that's not giving up, I don't know what is.
              I hear what you are saying, but it goes back to my comment, that this team doesn't change its demeanor. It doesn't get high after scoring a big goal and it doesn't push back when the other team goes to the next gear.
              It plays at one level, and when you get to crunch time, they look lethargic. Not because they are playing any worse, but the opponent has gotten better.
              Quit is a very nasty word. But RC has pointed out some problems with attitude, and we should all be looking for it when the team is back on the ice.
              I don't believe they (individually or collectively) are quitting. But they aren't pushing back either.
              We will see when they come back from the break.
              This is the first season since SA took over, that we were not excited about coming back after the holidays. In the past, we were disappointed, maybe this year they change that. I hope so.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I don't believe they (individually or collectively) are quitting. But they aren't pushing back either.
                If you're down in the third period and "not pushing back," what is that called, then?
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  If you're down in the third period and "not pushing back," what is that called, then?
                  http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...acy-or-fascism

(Hopefully this gives an actual video clip, I can't see it from my current location)

Comment

This thread is getting depressing.

Hopefully the players all did well on their finals. (That was last week IIRC.)
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This thread is getting depressing.
                      Agreed. But, having not watched this team more than three times, I find it difficult to add to the discussion.
                      Hopefully the players all did well on their finals. (That was last week IIRC.)
                      Wednesday through Tuesday schedule, so there's still some people on campus finishing up.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        Wednesday through Tuesday schedule, so there's still some people on campus finishing up.
                        My recollection is that when I was at RPI finals were for a week without an intervening weekend. Of course, they also were in January after a couple of weeks of classes post-Holidays. IIRC, we returned on a Wednesday to even things up (15 each of M-F) since over Thanksgving we were off starting on Wednesday.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

"Depressing" Ed Weaver article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory, although SA expects everyone to be healthy for the UConn tourney.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

"Depressing" Ed Weaver article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory, although SA expects everyone to be healthy for the UConn tourney.
                            Glad to see Matt Haggerty is coming back.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Glad to see Matt Haggerty is coming back.
                              Earl Weaver seems to have that problem.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The next home game is the NBC Sports Network broadcast on the 6th against Dartmouth. Attendance for this one isnt looking good at all, besides for being during break, the Big Green arent exactly a team that will bring extra fans into the building like Clarkson or Cornell would. Has there been any progress on getting a band together for this game?

Comment

Working...
                                X