Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Josh Robinson and Blake Pietila named Red Baron® WCHA Players of the Week!
    That means tMEL gets pizza

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Just saw a hilarious post in "Western College Hockey Blog" from last week about Connolly's pursuit of 200 pts. The guy obviously hasn't been watching the WCHA, but I thought it was funny how he describes Tech hockey as "comically weak", and explains that Connolly was sure to average near 2 points per game with cupcakes like Tech on the schedule. Too bad he didn't post his reaction after the weekend.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        Just saw a hilarious post in "Western College Hockey Blog" from last week about Connolly's pursuit of 200 pts. The guy obviously hasn't been watching the WCHA, but I thought it was funny how he describes Tech hockey as "comically weak", and explains that Connolly was sure to average near 2 points per game with cupcakes like Tech on the schedule. Too bad he didn't post his reaction after the weekend.
        I felt the same way at first, but I think Chris Dilk was more taking shots at Mankato and Anchorage. But let's be honest, if you compare the Cluster of MTU, UAA, MSUM, UMD to the other 2 clusters: Min, UW, SCSU, UND and BSU, UNO, CC, DU. UMD does have the comically easiest cluster.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I felt the same way at first, but I think Chris Dilk was more taking shots at Mankato and Anchorage. But let's be honest, if you compare the Cluster of MTU, UAA, MSUM, UMD to the other 2 clusters: Min, UW, SCSU, UND and BSU, UNO, CC, DU. UMD does have the comically easiest cluster.
          comparatively weaker, yes. But I think "comically weak" is a terrible way to describe any WCHA teams you're trying to have your guy average two PPG against. As evidenced by the stat sheet.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Plus, Dilks is a Mankato fan.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Plus, Dilks is a Mankato fan.
              OK, I'm being overly sensitive again...

But getting some respect today and feeling better:
              "Michigan Tech is, without doubt, the most improved team in college hockey this season."

and:

Originally posted by Tom Serratore
              I talked with (head coach) Walt Kyle at Northern Michigan and he said ‘watch out for those guys, not only this year but in the future.’ They’ve got some very good freshmen right now – (Blake) Pietila, (Tanner) Kero, (David) Johnstone – those three in particular. They’ve got a good sophomore group. I thought it was gutty how they came back from a four-goal deficit against Duluth and that shows a lot about their character and their resiliency right now. When I saw Tech here in October, I said ‘look out.’ I could tell.
              Last edited by geezer; 02-01-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Though, from the same newspaper article:
                Looking ahead to the WCHA play this weekend, Colorado College is back in action with a big home and home series against Denver. Minnesota-Duluth plays a pair at Anchorage, and Bemidji State plays at Nebraska-Omaha. North Dakota is off this weekend.
                Michigan Tech and MSU-Mankato, Wisconsin and St. Cloud, and Minnesota all say "F* you very much, Jamestown!"
                Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Tech article on WCHA.com, pretty much recapping the weekend and some background info on the season

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1112/201202/feb1gil.php

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Mankato and i'm looking for a split.
                    That article was great and a big change from the past. I can't remember a positive article in years.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                      Tech article on WCHA.com, pretty much recapping the weekend and some background info on the season

Another opportunity to prove that this season is different. In the past, these articles announcing the resurgence of the program were promptly followed by lengthy losing streaks.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post

This is by the far the aboslute worse formatted article I have ever seen in my life. I do not understand how anybody actually read that complete article without scooping their eyes out with a spoon.
                        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                          This is by the far the aboslute worse formatted article I have ever seen in my life. I do not understand how anybody actually read that complete article without scooping their eyes out with a spoon.
                          I hope you don't feel that way about any of the stuff I write for THG!
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Well it's the WCHA not the new WCHA what did you expect.

Comment

aboslute worse
                              Heh

Comment

Well worse is incorrect english it's worst
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X