Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
    Conner was placed on IR. I blame myself.
    That sucks! He was great to watch recently with Helm and Cleary. Fractured his hand/wrist during the Penguins game... He played pretty much the whole game that night, because he had an assist at 15:36 of the third period.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I hope you're not talking about the blown icing goal? That really wasn't his fault.
      The hell it wasn't, play to the whistle. Besides, both Hawks looked over at that linesman that was waving it off the whole way.

Edit: I don't think that goal wad ALL Scott's fault, though. There were a few Hawks back that goofed on that one.
      Last edited by state of hockey; 12-15-2011, 03:31 PM.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Go Huskies!!

Comment

Go Huskies!
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Engineers!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              Engineers!
              You rang?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                Here's one for Ryan....I remember an old cartoonish looking snarling Husky on an MTU hockey logo for a short period in the late 60s or early 70s. I've never seen this logo in any photo, jersey or other reference in modern times. Does anyone know what years this logo was used? Did it ever appear on a jersey?
                To the best of my knowledge, "Keyboard Huskies" was the first dog logo to appear on Tech jerseys in the early 1990's. Prior to that, there was only lettering / words.

Although plenty of Tech fans have done their best to recommend / steal another crest other than "lettering" be used for future jerseys.

I think the logo you are talking about was used mainly for football, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on line right now. I've seen it on programs and what not, but I don't ever recall seeing it on any uniforms for any sport at MTU.

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Hello All,

Going way off the topic, will the GLI be aired (video) outside of Michigan? We are in Vancouver BC and want to watch the games... hopefully one of you can help!

Thanks,

Comment

Should be and interesting 2nd half with Chad Pietila, Justin Fillion, and Tommy Brown available to play. Should jump start the team to fight for quality roster spots.
                    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      Should be and interesting 2nd half with Chad Pietila, Justin Fillion, and Tommy Brown available to play. Should jump start the team to fight for quality roster spots.
                      They are going to need something for sure. I missed the first period, so did robinson get pulled?

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        They are going to need something for sure. I missed the first period, so did robinson get pulled?
                        yeah, not sure why.

Pretty underwhelming performance tonight...
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Robo got pulled to spark the team, not because he performed poorly.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Robo got pulled to spark the team, not because he performed poorly.
                            My remark was the team in general not robo, those goals were not his fault
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

While I think the additions will make the team better, especially Brown coming back, I don't know if they will make enough of a difference. We simply have too many defensive breakdowns and play away from the puck is so spotty that we force the goalie to make big saves all the time.
                              It's life on the edge and we have to move away from the cliff a bit.

I like how our freshmen are progressing and there is a lot of positive progress but we have to play better on a routine basis, not just against teams that are easy to get up for.

Will we win against MSU next week? Maybe...

As far as the TV... last year only the finals was broadcast on Fox Sports Detroit and I have not checked to see if more than that is scheduled this year. Tech also generally webcasts the home games but I do not know if this qualifies. I would assume though that the schools involved will allow some sort of broadcast from their web sites.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                As far as the TV... last year only the finals was broadcast on Fox Sports Detroit and I have not checked to see if more than that is scheduled this year.
                                http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/page...53&feedID=3701

Looks like the return of the Pistons has bumped coverage of the GLI Championship game to a webcast on foxsportsdetroit.com. Fox Sports Detroit is also televising the Michigan/BC game the night before. Lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X