Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 NCAA Week 7 Rankings

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    It might be tomorrow. Our web guy passed away this afternoon.
    Geezus. My condolences as well.

Comment

Unexpected? I'm so sorry. Did he leave a family? Wow

Comment

It might be tomorrow. Our web guy passed away this afternoon.
        I'm sorry for your loss FS23.
        As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Man, that took all the fun out of watching this thread.

Condolences and best wishes for you all and his family.

Comment

Thank you for all the well wishes. He got into a car wreck yesterday morning. I still don't know exactly what all happened. He had one son and an ex-wife. His son is in his mid-30s. He pretty much kept to himself, but was one of the biggest Gopher hockey fans that I know. He kept telling me that this year's team was playing kind of like a Brooks team in that they skated really hard, never gave up, and could play with grit. His favorite player of all time was Neal Broten, and would constantly talk about the crazy goal he scored in 1979 against North Dakota. He had class, never referring to North Dakota as "sue", but always the "Sioux" and in return I vowed never to call Minnesota anything trashy (which I never will, it's low-class). He was a really good guy, and I'll miss his wisdom and knowledge of college hockey, especially from the 70's and early 80's. I'm sure he's getting his orientation packet in heaven right now, and I know he'll be looking down on the Gophers this weekend as they take on Sparty...waiting to do the rouser...

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Stick tap...Rest in Peace buddy.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Thank you for all the well wishes. He got into a car wreck yesterday morning. I still don't know exactly what all happened. He had one son and an ex-wife. His son is in his mid-30s. He pretty much kept to himself, but was one of the biggest Gopher hockey fans that I know. He kept telling me that this year's team was playing kind of like a Brooks team in that they skated really hard, never gave up, and could play with grit. His favorite player of all time was Neal Broten, and would constantly talk about the crazy goal he scored in 1979 against North Dakota. He had class, never referring to North Dakota as "sue", but always the "Sioux" and in return I vowed never to call Minnesota anything trashy (which I never will, it's low-class). He was a really good guy, and I'll miss his wisdom and knowledge of college hockey, especially from the 70's and early 80's. I'm sure he's getting his orientation packet in heaven right now, and I know he'll be looking down on the Gophers this weekend as they take on Sparty...waiting to do the rouser...

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Sorry for your loss FS23, classy as always.

Wow, keeps things in perspective a little.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                Sorry for your loss FS23, classy as always.

Wow, keeps things in perspective a little.
                It definitely does. He was a class act, and knew how the game worked inside and out.

Also, a little belated, but here are the Week 7 CHW Power Rankings.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Life can be so cruel. I know you and I have had our differences FS23, but I am truly sorry to hear about your friend

Comment

It definitely does. He was a class act, and knew how the game worked inside and out.

Also, a little belated, but here are the Week 7 CHW Power Rankings.
                    Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great guy and a big loss to the hockey community.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Very sorry to hear..

Comment

Working...
                      X