Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 NCAA Week 7 Rankings

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Its NOT a toss-up... if you wanna say they're close, fine, but then tie goes to THE GUY WHO SWEPT THE OTHER GUY ON THE ROAD.

MN hasn't been consistent? I'd say other than the Friday Wisconsin game they haven't played a bad game since Sat. against Vermont. That's as consistent as it gets. Credit tUMD for going to Denver and walking out with 3 points (though without Brittain, that's not AS difficult, but still a good weekend). Other than that, there last three weekends have been: cupcake at home, cupcake at home, cupcake at home. Winning 8 out of 12 against UND, UW and SCSU is probably more impressive than winning 12 out of 12 from BSU, UAA and MSU-M when you never have to get on a bus.
    I guess we have different opinions. I don't feel that North Dakota, Wisconsin, and SCSU are all that good this year. Also, I don't feel Minnesota played well against UND on Saturday, nor did they play well on Friday at SCSU, in addition to the already mentioned debacle on Friday against Wisconsin. I feel that Duluth struggled to start the year, but has played significantly better over the last month, and are playing better than Minnesota. You feel otherwise. It is what it is.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I guess we have different opinions. I don't feel that North Dakota, Wisconsin, and SCSU are all that good this year. Also, I don't feel Minnesota played well against UND on Saturday, nor did they play well on Friday at SCSU, in addition to the already mentioned debacle on Friday against Wisconsin. I feel that Duluth struggled to start the year, but has played significantly better over the last month, and are playing better than Minnesota. You feel otherwise. It is what it is.
      So the whole MN swept at the DECC somehow gets left outta there somehow?

Like I honestly don't think tUMD is at MN's level yet, but even if you think its close, tUMD has to be SIGNIFICANTLY better than MN to throw that out the window, not a little better.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

So the whole MN swept at the DECC somehow gets left outta there somehow?

Like I honestly don't think tUMD is at MN's level yet, but even if you think its close, tUMD has to be SIGNIFICANTLY better than MN to throw that out the window, not a little better.
        Oh, they are. Look at the shot totals. My Zach, it's crazy how many shots they put on goal. Minnesota won by accident.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Its NOT a toss-up... if you wanna say they're close, fine, but then tie goes to THE GUY WHO SWEPT THE OTHER GUY ON THE ROAD.

MN hasn't been consistent? I'd say other than the Friday Wisconsin game they haven't played a bad game since Sat. against Vermont. That's as consistent as it gets. Credit tUMD for going to Denver and walking out with 3 points (though without Brittain, that's not AS difficult, but still a good weekend). Other than that, there last three weekends have been: cupcake at home, cupcake at home, cupcake at home. Winning 8 out of 12 against UND, UW and SCSU is probably more impressive than winning 12 out of 12 from BSU, UAA and MSU-M when you never have to get on a bus.

UMD's SOS is 4th in the nation. The gophers is 29th. I wouldn't say we've played cupcake teams.

You can bash on me all you want for saying that UMTC shouldn't have came out of Duluth with 4 points, but with the way the games played out, it could have easily gone a different way. I think it's funny that in this thread, the only thing that matters is the box score, but in your thread with Jan Brady, it's about the way the loss Friday happened that mattered. Pretty fun how that works.
          "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
            You can bash on me all you want for saying that UMTC shouldn't have came out of Duluth with 4 points, but with the way the games played out, it could have easily gone a different way.
            LMFAO. Have you seen any close hockey games where that is NOT the case? What matters is the FINAL score, not how the game flow went, not SOG or prime scoring chances, goals that were actually scored. No style points in hockey. Maybe you should follow figure skating instead.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              LMFAO. Have you seen any close hockey games where that is NOT the case? What matters is the FINAL score, not how the game flow went, not SOG or prime scoring chances, goals that were actually scored. No style points in hockey. Maybe you should follow figure skating instead.
              I'm not arguing that you guys scored more goals, just saying that the games could have gone differently save a couple bounces. I don't see how that fact makes you guys THAT much better than UMD. We haven't lost since then. You've lost 3 times. I don't think arguing that we could potentially be just as good if not better at this point in the season is that ridiculous. If you had smacked us around in both games, then yes. But two very close games doesn't warrant that kind of response.

Comment

I'm not arguing that you guys scored more goals, just saying that the games could have gone differently save a couple bounces.
                Again, THAT'S hockey. I'm not arguing that the Gophers should be #1 - they have lost 3 games. But you keep refering to things that could have happened, but didn't, i.e. Dogs winning the games. You want to talk about overall records and strength of schedules, go ahead, but the games in Duluth with the Gophers, on your home ice you LOST. Leave those games alone they don't help your case.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Again, THAT'S hockey. I'm not arguing that the Gophers should be #1 - they have lost 3 games. But you keep refering to things that could have happened, but didn't, i.e. Dogs winning the games. You want to talk about overall records and strength of schedules, go ahead, but the games in Duluth with the Gophers, on your home ice you LOST. Leave those games alone they don't help your case.
                  I remember a couple years ago when UMD went down to Mariucci and swept in a couple games where bad bounces off players led to UMD goals. And you know what the response was after those games? "UMD didn't deserve to win. UMD got lucky. The gophers should have won, but things just didn't go their way." Seems like pretty similar situations. Don't care if you're ranked ahead of us or not, as it's like the middle of November, but hypocracy irks me.

Comment

I remember a couple years ago when UMD went down to Mariucci and swept in a couple games where bad bounces off players led to UMD goals. And you know what the response was after those games? "UMD didn't deserve to win. UMD got lucky. The gophers should have won, but things just didn't go their way." Seems like pretty similar situations. Don't care if you're ranked ahead of us or not, as it's like the middle of November, but hypocracy irks me.
                    Who said that? I don't claim to speak for the whole Gopher fan base so don't lump me in with all of them. How can it be hypocracy if I never made the counter argument?

Comment

UMD's SOS is 4th in the nation. The gophers is 29th. I wouldn't say we've played cupcake teams.

You can bash on me all you want for saying that UMTC shouldn't have came out of Duluth with 4 points, but with the way the games played out, it could have easily gone a different way. I think it's funny that in this thread, the only thing that matters is the box score, but in your thread with Jan Brady, it's about the way the loss Friday happened that mattered. Pretty fun how that works.
                      In the case of the Gopher's series with SCSU, factors beyond the wins and losses are being used to break down a home and home split. Pointing to these same factors doesn't really make as much sense when you're talking about a road sweep. I think your point would be more reasonable if the series had happened at Mariucci...winning on the road against quality teams is difficult, and getting swept on the road in the same manner would start to resemble an evenly matched situation, but that was not the case.
                      Last edited by GrinCDXX; 11-21-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

FS23,

where is the poll? I can't find it in CHW?

Comment

I have to admit, I had no idea this thread would be so entertaining before I clicked on it!

: popcorn:

Comment

I'm not arguing that you guys scored more goals, just saying that the games could have gone differently save a couple bounces. I don't see how that fact makes you guys THAT much better than UMD. We haven't lost since then. You've lost 3 times. I don't think arguing that we could potentially be just as good if not better at this point in the season is that ridiculous. If you had smacked us around in both games, then yes. But two very close games doesn't warrant that kind of response.
                            Who cares about polls, you know your Dogs are playing lights out right now.. Thats all that matters. And your right, that series could have gone either way..

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                              FS23,

where is the poll? I can't find it in CHW?
                              It might be tomorrow. Our web guy passed away this afternoon.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                It might be tomorrow. Our web guy passed away this afternoon.
                                That sucks. My condolences.
                                "My greatest achievement."
                                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                                X