• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvo1017
    replied
    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    You don't think expelling someone from a school like BU couldn't send a wake up call? I certainly do. It wouldn't necessarily solve anything, but it could have sent him the ultimate wake up.
    This precisely

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Originally posted by new2bu View Post
    Parker did everything he could as a coach (in my opinion). He suggested he had a problem and should get help etc.
    As I originally said (echoed by hokydad), Parker very easily could have said (after the third incident), either you get help or you don't play for me again. That is not "doing everything".

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    Read BU2K's post. You just don't get it.
    What doesn't he get?

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    How would kicking him out of school solve anything? If someone has a drinking problem, it doesn't really matter where they are. According to Parker, people were keeping an eye on Trivino and trying to keep him in line. Would he have gotten that same support if he had been booted and was playing in the AHL or ECHL or wherever he would've ended up? Who's to say he wouldn't have done the same thing to another girl somewhere else? Would it somehow be less disturbing if it happened somewhere else? I just don't understand your logic here.
    You don't think expelling someone from a school like BU could send a wake up call? I certainly do. It wouldn't necessarily solve anything, but it could have sent him the ultimate wake up.
    Last edited by J.D.; 12-13-2011, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    Read BU2K's post. You just don't get it. Same with that proposed lawsuit. Little chance of success. And while we are on the topic of you not getting it, I have not forgotton your post that started this chain:

I sure hope that you did not know the details when you posted that last night. If you did, that is a pretty callous choice of words for a situation like this. Or is just that when something bad happens at BU, that is a good thing as far as you are concerned?
    Nope, not the case. Nothing but the best for BU/BC and all of the Hockey East programs.
    I read his post and it is his opinion and fine. Zero influence on mine though.

Leave a comment:

• Salvo1017
    replied

in my mind having little to no punitive consequences for your actions is exactly what leads to this kind of behavior in the first place. Who knows if it was the case for Trivino but seeing the way he acts I wouldn't doubt it. At some point someone has to pay for their actions, if he was forced to pay up earlier maybe he would have changed his ways. Cuz you know...Parker's cronies "keeping an eye on him" worked out real well didn't it?

Leave a comment:

• srsterrier
    replied

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Shocking that he did not make it mandatory or he couldnt play. Clearly not enough effort and if that was my daughter, I would be suing school and the team. He basically said he knew it would happen again and that is enabling, not correcting/disciplining/protecting. Could be a huge reach but you wouldnt allow a kid with a drug problem to say no to a treatment program and you sure as heck wouldnt allow him to drink /do drugs certain nights of the weak.

weird
    Read BU2K's post. You just don't get it. Same with that proposed lawsuit. Little chance of success. And while we are on the topic of you not getting it, I have not forgotton your post that started this chain:

Originally Posted by Hokdydad
    Heard we have a little trouble in paradise? A player moving on ....
    I sure hope that you did not know the details when you posted that last night. If you did, that is a pretty callous choice of words for a situation like this. Or is just that when something bad happens at BU, that is a good thing as far as you are concerned?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X