Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    90210 guy???
    That's DYLAN Walsh...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Oh, really? EXTREMELY interesting entries from the Twin Cities Star Tribune:

"Coyle is leaving because he will be ineligible due to academic reasons. He's basically failing out of the program. Why isn't this reported? It is being reported on the east coast."

"why is coyle failing is it due to him not being smart ? or is it because he just doesn't care about academics and only focuses on hockey? either way it doesn't show that great of character but i feel like it will all end up well. He shouldnt have ever have gone to college to play if he wasnt interested in an education and gone to jrs like most canadians do, but super excited to see him on the sea dogs!"

I realize it's not yet confirmed, but this harkens back to my point earlier about recruiting guys who WANT to go to college (and specifically BU). Seems to me that if it were NOT for academic reasons it's a really dumb decision, because he is CERTAINLY not ready for pro hockey based on his performance against the competition in Division I. This leads me to believe that it is, in fact, true. Not sure why the "academic reports are untrue" comment...
      I can understand a kid thinking he could make it through 2 years of basic studies or MET or whatever else would be the minimum to still be called a student at BU. The choice between BMOC, decent food, coeds, parties, decent travel and likely better physical training and going to some podunk town to play junior hockey??? I know which one I'd pick.

Friend's son is a standout player in a sport where he could catch on and play pro somewhere or stay in college another year or two. The decision for now is to stay...tuition, r&b are paid for, half the year they are just in off-season workouts etc. and as long as he stays eligible, it isn't like he has to do all nighters to get the GPA up. They travel in nice buses or planes, they stay at decent places, the food is good, they take the minimum credits...it is like federal prison with chicks.

And I can understand a kid playing it too close to the eligibility line and falling below.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

I haven't read the past 8 pages on Coyle, but I just want to say that players leaving half way through the season are quitters. That is all.

BU Hockey: Finish What you Start
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

How is Coyle a bust and Connolly a great player when Coyle has more points and more PPG? In a system like BU's, where defense is priority number one, it would seem to me that a 19 year old Sophmore who's on a pace to score 30 points isn't exactly a bust. Another thing to consider is that BU's now an injury or two away from being in big trouble.

Comment

I can see we really messed you guys up in Orono.

Maine Hockey: We dont win but we mess others up real bad
            sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              I haven't read the past 8 pages on Coyle, but I just want to say that players leaving half way through the season are quitters. That is all.

I have to say there is some truth here. He couldn't "endure" one more semester of academics before going pro?
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by all bear View Post

I was actually thinking about this at work today, this is all TIMMAY'S fault!
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                  So because he's not scoring 50 points we're just as well off replacing him with a guy in the lineup that might struggle to put up 10 points? I know it'd be nice to be able to downplay this loss just because Charlie wasn't fulfilling the lofty expectations many had of him, but be realistic here. You and Jofa are turning into the BU debbie downer duo again.
                  CC to the contrary how is saying that Coyle will not be that missed being a downer? The woe is us crowd are actually being the downers this time, eh?

The BC crowd is boosting him up so as to make BU look like they really took a big hit. Trust me DW and others were laughing about what a bust Coyle was not that long ago. Overrated was used many times to describe him in the past by the same crowd.

Coyle is misisng something that MacArthur, Zanc, Pete Marshall, Drury, Grier (to name a few ) had and thats "heart" ,that goes a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    That's DYLAN Walsh...
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly...ason_Priestley

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

The only pass Coyle should get is if he really tried and simply couldn't cut it. I know, hard to believe, but...

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                    How is Coyle a bust and Connolly a great player when Coyle has more points and more PPG? In a system like BU's, where defense is priority number one, it would seem to me that a 19 year old Sophmore who's on a pace to score 30 points isn't exactly a bust. Another thing to consider is that BU's now an injury or two away from being in big trouble.
                    Exactly. I'm not sure if anyone said great though because Chris Connolly is absolutely not a "great" player. He's a nice little player.

Originally posted by all bear View Post

When will you be messing up BC?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                      Difference is Coyle is a first round NHL pick, if Coyle came to the program like a Connolly type did we would say he was a nice player. When you perform like he did as a #1 pick you are a bust/dud/disappointment/underachiever/overrated etc

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                        CC to the contrary how is saying that Coyle will not be that missed being a downer? The woe is us crowd are actually being the downers this time, eh?

The BC crowd is boosting him up so as to make BU look like they really took a big hit. Trust me DW and others were laughing about what a bust Coyle was not that long ago. Overrated was used many times to describe him in the past by the same crowd.

Coyle is misisng something that MacArthur, Zanc, Pete Marshall, Drury, Grier (to name a few ) had and thats "heart" ,that goes a long way.
                        THE Ignoramus Darin Weeks??
                        sure why not

Comment

Working...
                        X