X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Redd10 View Post
    well alright...next question - how accurate is ushr generally?
    Jesus Christ. You guys are in serious denial.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

well alright...next question - how accurate is ushr generally?
      Once they report something, it's generally true.
      Boston University 2009 Champs
      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
        Once they report something, it's generally true.
        last question - anybody here play center?

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Straight from USHR:

The major buzz among the scouting fraternity at the prep tournaments today revolved around Boston University sophomore center Charlie Coyle, who has left Boston University, supposedly due to academic issues.

Coyle, who is expected in Camrose, Alberta Friday for the start of the U.S. National Junior Team’s training camp will, at the conclusion of the World Junior Championships, be reporting to another team. Word is that he will go to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, likely with the Saint John Sea Dogs.
          Impossible. Coyle would never tell a fib before he could get out of town, could he? How could the freep get scooped by a 15 year old kid with a blog that has no credibility and can't spell Quebec!?!?!?!?!?!

There is reportedly a degree of unhappiness among some Boston University players over the manner in which Trivino was dismissed from the team, specifically coach Jack Parker's pointed comments concerning Trivino's alleged history of alcohol abuse.
          I find this hard to believe. All the fanboys said Parker handled this "perfectly"! How can this be?
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

There is reportedly a degree of unhappiness among some Boston University players over the manner in which Trivino was dismissed from the team, specifically coach Jack Parker's pointed comments concerning Trivino's alleged history of alcohol abuse.
            Boy, you guys are really going to have a rough second half.

*****http://1-2knockout.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5505fc4968834010536f3cdff970b-800wi******

No disrespect.
            Pot... stirred.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

The major buzz among the scouting fraternity at the prep tournaments today revolved around Boston University sophomore center Charlie Coyle, who has left Boston University, supposedly due to academic issues.
              Unfortunate...of course, this is bound to revive the discussion regarding BU tending to recruit players of "NHL calibre." Jack is well-known for developing players for the pros. Perhaps this "approach" needs to be revisited. Are we getting enough players who really WANT to play for BU, or are they using the program as merely a stepping-stone for the next level? Obviously every player "thinks" they can make it there, but at what point do we start to think about the long-term welfare of the program from the school's perspective? Just the recent trend of bringing in "national" players lends credence to this assertion. There was a time when we would get the local kid who was just "dying" to come here because of the tradition and history (be it the Beanpot, whatever) of the program.

I'm not naive enough to think that this is the only place where this happens. I think the attrition rate in the WCHA has been even worse, so I'm not crying. I'm just throwing it out there...some will accuse that I am more sensitive to this issue given the recent success of the school up the street. There may be some truth to this, and maybe the days where the education comes first (if only as a fall-back, because we know that MOST players still don't get to do this for a living in the pros) have finally caught up to ALL of the major sports and don't only apply to just football and basketball any more. It is just, frankly, disturbing (to me anyway) to see all of these people leaving early. It also makes me wonder how many of these people were college "material" to begin with.

Comment

wow coyle's bu career really took a DIVE. i'm glad the freep was so on top of this story. very professional
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                  wow coyle's bu career really took a DIVE. i'm glad the freep was so on top of this story. very professional
                  how can you find time to post - isn't there some 10 year old out there with lunch money that needs stealing?

Comment

Yes... we all need to know now if Coyle ever gave reblur the eye in the locker room. You know, for character assessments... to add irrelevance to the stories.

Comment

They reported what he said, fine by me. It's up to us to take what a player says with a huge grain of salt. I did personally. What the heck do we expect him to say even if he knew he was leaving?

Tough loss. Going to be a challenging second half. No pressure Kieran. Oh yeah, and everyone please go to class...
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

how can you find time to post - isn't there some 10 year old out there with lunch money that needs stealing?
                        Need a tissue?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Need a tissue?
                          nah, the sheets on your mother's bed work just fine

Comment

Boy the fanboys sure are ornery already. Going to be a fun next 3 months watching BU drop like Coyle's GPA.

There has to be a level of shock here for the fanboys in denial that went to bed knowing that Parker handled the Trivino situation perfectly and Coyle was definitely coming back because he'd never lie to the DFP. This morning they wake up and after watching Cartoon Network for a few hours they find that USHR reports that Coyle is gone and the BU players are not happy with Jacko.

There are only a few things to do according to Rule 5.6c in the Fanboy Handbook. In no particular order:

- Deny the USHR story is true.
                            - Smear the credibility of USHR.
                            - Blame it on Nate Gerbe.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-16-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Going to be a fun next 3 months watching BU drop like Coyle's GPA.
                              +1
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Yes... we all need to know now if Coyle ever gave reblur the eye in the locker room. You know, for character assessments... to add irrelevance to the stories.
                                This should be a fun Friday on the boards...

Comment

Working...
                                X