X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    And he is probably a little embarassed to be playing this way in his backyard and playing second fiddle to a team a couple of miles down the street. Just my hunch.
    You had me till this.

Comment

And he is probably a little embarassed to be playing this way in his backyard and playing second fiddle to a team a couple of miles down the street. Just my hunch.
      Yeah he is embarrassed to be playing against a team that BU has taken 2 of 3 from this year and while BU has won 6 of their last 7, BC has gone 4-5 in their last 9. I don't think the success of the team would have anything to do with a decision like this with how they have been going as of late.
      GO BU

Comment

If only Father McFeely (from the 'Heights) had been able to intervene earlier! Young Charlie Coyle and wee Corey Trivino would have seen the light and been saved from eternal ****ation!!

Comment

Yeah that's it. He must be embarrassed to NOT be playing for BC, but to endure the pain, suffering and torture of having to play against them. What else could it possibly be? RUN CHARLIE RUN.
          Last edited by steakbomb; 12-15-2011, 07:28 PM.
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            You had me till this.
            Yes that part of it was to rouse up the fanboys and get hysterical responses like "we've won 2 of the last 3 games". Too tempting sorry.

Comment

Yes that part of it was to rouse up the fanboys and get hysterical responses like "we've won 2 of the last 3 games". Too tempting sorry.
              As long as I know that was the reason. Because it just seemed like an unnecessary comment.

Comment

rollheiser is pretty tall. he is used to being in front of the net and seeing pucks come at him. any chance he can dress out and play garbage man on the pp to take charlie's spot?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• We're all a bit testy right now. Usually this is all in good fun
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                    Or, reading between the lines below, if Coyle hadn't done his work this semester or just failed an exam and is about to get some bad news regarding grades and eligibility...maybe he jumps before he gets pushed
                    Yup.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                      There's an awful lot of credibility on the line here...
                      i wouldnt go that far. but the people who are wrong are going to look mighty foolish
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        As long as I know that was the reason. Because it just seemed like an unnecessary comment.
                        Yes it was. Sorry it took away from an otherwise dead-on analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          My head hurts.
                          mine too.........this thread has taken on a life of it's own............check out how many posts about one subject since sunday night

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            mine too.........this thread has taken on a life of it's own............check out how many posts about one subject since sunday night
                            Haven't seen this volume of activity since my golf victory in June!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Zero hate. Always admired. Simply debating the issue at hand, which is what we do in America.
                              Debating ... Hmmmm... Really? More like baiting to me. And people do a lot of THAT too in America. Having fun at other's expense seems to be your MO. Whatever makes you happy, but don't insult by calling it debating. Its clear you like to stir the pot and provoke to promote responses and reel them in.

I figured you "admire" JP as I do and pretty much as everyone else does who has followed College hockey for awhile. In my case, many decades. I hate BC (its an institutional affliction that can't be helped ), but admire York for same reason that I admire Parker. They are the true lions and pillars of the sport.

I have been one of Jackie's biggest critic the past two years saying its time to hang it up, but I find all the critical comments and innuendos the past few days about how Jackie has handled a very difficult situation to be crap. That interview in the Globe yesterday was classic JP. Honest, direct, but he was clearly pained at what he had to do.

Due process? What does that term have anything to do with how a coach in any sport handles significant team violations? That term is for court proceedings and legal issues. Not the coach's or BU's rules and code of conduct.

In JP's case, the team rules, especially where scholarships are involved are very clear cut. After the St. Patrick's Day 2010 debacle, Corey knew the score, but he obviously has a drinking problem that he cannot control. It's a very sad story, but one that is happening everywhere across the country on just about every college campus. Those that know Jack, also know he will probably follow up with Corey in the weeks and months to come ... because that's Jack. But you won't hear or read about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                My head hurts.
                                Wow. So does mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X