X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Zero hate. Always admired. Simply debating the issue at hand, which is what we do in America.
    You're not debating. You're just making things up and using hyperbole without ever addressing any of the counterpoints raised (at least by me).

Just like your claim that Trivino is protected by the ADA and your most recent (now deleted, wisely) post which claimed that there is "less than a 1% chance" that Trivino doesn't suffer from serious alcoholism.

Comment

Hey guys, check out who's viewing this thread right now.

BU Hockey: AssaultGate
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
        You're not debating. You're just making things up and using hyperbole without ever addressing any of the counterpoints raised (at least by me).

Just like your claim that Trivino is protected by the ADA and your most recent (now deleted, wisely) post which claimed that there is "less than a 1% chance" that Trivino doesn't suffer from serious alcoholism.
        I say I am so I am, could give a rats a** if you think I am...

It is an interesting point or at least worthy of discussion. What if it was drugs and not alcohol? minors cant drink, thus illegal. If a school administrator knows a kid has a problem do they have an obligation to deal with it head on or simply say, I know he has a serious issue but he doesnt want to treat it?? Go deal with it or dont play. Not, I know you arec wrong and I will bet I will be sitting here soon enough kicking you off team and out of school. Oh and by the way, you can only drink on these designated nights and maybe a few other gray area nights...

Just debating of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          Hey guys, check out who's viewing this thread right now.

BU Hockey: AssaultGate
          Well if anyone's going to give us spot-on information...
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Calm down, Marshall

Comment

It is an interesting point or at least worthy of discussion. What if it was drugs and not alcohol? minors cant drink, thus illegal. If a school administrator knows a kid has a problem do they have an obligation to deal with it head on or simply say, I know he has a serious issue but he doesnt want to treat it?? Go deal with it or dont play. Not, I know you arec wrong and I will bet I will be sitting here soon enough kicking you off team and out of school. Oh and by the way, you can only drink on these designated nights and maybe a few other gray area nights...

Just debating of course.
              You're not debating. You're repeating the same point over and over again without addressing counterpoints, kind of like a kid throwing a tantrum. For example, you continue to refuse to answer my hypothetical regarding when the appropriate time to send "your son" to rehab would have been, but instead make wild assertions with no applicability. And I'm confused with your most recent comparison of drugs to alcohol. Last I checked, drinking if you are over 21 is legal and, while also illegal, in most states consumption of alcohol is a misdemeanor while, possession of a controlled substance or narcotics is a felony. Coupled with the fact that the reality of college is that most kids drink while underage, I can see why drinking while underage (assuming that actually happened with Trivino, since that claim was never even made) would warrant a benching or warning while use of illegal drugs would warrant more. Moreover, use of drugs is an NCAA violation while drinking is not.

Moreover, your characterization that Parker sat Trivino down and told him "one more slip up and you're done, but oh by the way you can drink on designated nights" is an asinine and intentional misinterpretation of the truth.

While you claim not to hate him, every other post you make is blasting Parker's actions, even when your own criticisms contradict one another. Your act is old hat.
              Last edited by limey; 12-15-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Disability????? So now doing stupid things is a disability? Oh, that's right...I forgot. The government has to save us from ourselves. Just wondering, if I don't get all my work done at my job can I say it's because I have a disability? A chemical imbalance that doesn't allow me to focus on my job? That way I can do half the work of everyone else and still get paid my full salary, PLUS be paid to go to "concentration rehab."

This country is becoming (becoming?) a joke... Can I get someone to "help" me too?
                Not saying 1 way or the other. It is a disease and intervention works. Not enabling

Comment

If that's true about Coyle leaving, I would say BU's chances of winning any hardware this season just went down the drain....

Comment

You're not debating. You're repeating the same point over and over again without addressing counterpoints, kind of like a kid throwing a tantrum. For example, you continue to refuse to answer my hypothetical regarding when the appropriate time to send "your son" to rehab would have been, but instead make wild assertions with no applicability. And I'm confused with your most recent comparison to alcohol. Last I checked, drinking if you are over 21 is legal and, while also illegal, in most states consumption of alcohol is a misdemeanor while, possession of a controlled substance or narcotics is a felony. Coupled with the fact that the reality of college is that most kids drink while underage, I can see why drinking while underage (assuming that actually happened with Trivino, since that claim was never even made) would warrant a benching or warning while use of illegal drugs would warrant more. Moreover, use of drugs is an NCAA violation while drinking is not.

Moreover, your characterization that Parker sat Trivino down and told him "one more slip up and you're done, but oh by the way you can drink on designated nights" is an asinine and intentional misinterpretation of the truth.

While you claim not to hate him, every other post you make is blasting Parker's actions, even when your own criticisms contradict one another. Your act is old hat.

You might be right. I would though bet that he wishes in hindsight he had done more and it will probably weigh on him for some time. He clearly is a compasionate person and has proven that over the past 35+ years. No one wants to see any player fail, especially one he says is a very good kid when not drinking... thus the circle starts over again, why enable and let it continue? why not demand help or not dress?

Your question about when to send to rehab? No clue. hopefully before anything bad happened.

Comment

Moreover, your characterization that Parker sat Trivino down and told him "one more slip up and you're done, but oh by the way you can drink on designated nights" is an asinine and intentional misinterpretation of the truth.(Quote)

Direct quote. “The only thing you can do to help a kid with an alcohol problem is get him to stop drinking.” Next sentance is as follows...

Trivino was in accordance with team rules Sunday night as far as consuming alcohol is concerned. Players 21 years or older are allowed to drink on Saturday nights or on other designated nights as chosen by the coaching staff.

Parker said Sunday night was one of those specified nights because the team had just returned from a three-day road trip to play the University of New Hampshire and the University of Maine

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Could be, I don't even know if academics is what's at issue here.
                        Could've used you on EO this morning to describe the school the puckstar was enrolled in. Surprised you haven't stopped by to mock the Spazification of our football program

Comment

Moreover, your characterization that Parker sat Trivino down and told him "one more slip up and you're done, but oh by the way you can drink on designated nights" is an asinine and intentional misinterpretation of the truth.(Quote)

Direct quote. “The only thing you can do to help a kid with an alcohol problem is get him to stop drinking.” Next sentance is as follows...

Trivino was in accordance with team rules Sunday night as far as consuming alcohol is concerned. Players 21 years or older are allowed to drink on Saturday nights or on other designated nights as chosen by the coaching staff.

Parker said Sunday night was one of those specified nights because the team had just returned from a three-day road trip to play the University of New Hampshire and the University of Maine
                          Just because the article cited the rule after quoting Parker doesn't mean that's what he told Trivino in the meeting. You're either being purposefully obtuse or lacking in critical reading skills, although I suspect its the former.

Comment

Just because the article cited the rule after quoting Parker doesn't mean that's what he told Trivino in the meeting. You're either being purposefully obtuse or lacking in critical reading skills, although I suspect its the former.
                            fair enough but you are wrong

Comment

Freep Twitter: "We have it from Coyle that he is on the team and everything is fine."
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                If flirting with the players constitutes reporting. Puts a whole new meaning to finger on the pulse!
                                Excuse me?
                                http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X