X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Yup, great due process.

Dean of students Kenneth Elmore said the administration is investigating the incident. Parker said Trivino won’t return to the school because his scholarship has been revoked.

“This has nothing to do with BU, this has to do with me,’’ said Parker. “He’s kicked out of school because I took his scholarship away. He can’t come back because he doesn’t have any money. BU hasn’t done a thing to him yet. They’ll talk to the girl and they’ll talk to Corey and they’ll make a decision on what his punishment will be, if any.

“My actions have taken BU’s actions out of the picture. They can’t do anything more to him than I’ve already done to him. They can’t kick him out of school, he’s not going to be here. I don’t mean that as good or bad, it’s just a fact.
    What would you suggest as an alternative? Keep him on the team and continue to award him the hockey scholarship? I wasn't the one who argued that he should have been kicked off the team earlier because "[i]t is a priviledge [sic] to play hockey at BU and to have the school give you a 200K + scholarship. With that comes responsibility." That was you.

So - just to be clear - earlier you argued that Parker should have been harsher with Trivino. Now, you argue that Parker was unduly harsh because, by kicking off the team he has prevented him from returning to school in the spring, and therefore there is insufficient "due process" because Trivino is unable to return to school, notwithstanding the fact that the "inability" is directly caused by his own financial situation?

Its abundantly clear that you hate Parker for whatever reasons you may have. What is unclear is why your criticism of him fluctuates between Parker having been too harsh or too lenient.

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
      Why do you care about a "neg rep"?
      Don't care about a neg rep, I care about the ridiculous assertion attached to it.

Hoky, what "due process" would you have preferred to see? Should Parker only revoke scholarships from players he knows can afford to pay BU's enormously high tuition?
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Hmmmmm.
        Check your USCHO EMail, I sent you something
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by limey View Post
          What would you suggest as an alternative? Keep him on the team and continue to award him the hockey scholarship? I wasn't the one who argued that he should have been kicked off the team earlier because "[i]t is a priviledge [sic] to play hockey at BU and to have the school give you a 200K + scholarship. With that comes responsibility." That was you.

So - just to be clear - earlier you argued that Parker should have been harsher with Trivino. Now, you argue that Parker was unduly harsh because, by kicking off the team he has prevented him from returning to school in the spring, and therefore there is insufficient "due process" because Trivino is unable to return to school, notwithstanding the fact that the "inability" is directly caused by his own financial situation?

Its abundantly clear that you hate Parker for whatever reasons you may have. What is unclear is why your criticism of him fluctuates between Parker having been too harsh or too lenient.
          Zero hate. Always admired. Simply debating the issue at hand, which is what we do in America.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Don't care about a neg rep, I care about the ridiculous assertion attached to it.

Hoky, what "due process" would you have preferred to see? Should Parker only revoke scholarships from players he knows can afford to pay BU's enormously high tuition?
            only point was it is becoming clear they were 100%+ aware of the fact he had an ADA protected disability and did not require treatment as a condition of participation./ You dont let the patient determine the course of treatment

Comment

Yup, great due process.

Dean of students Kenneth Elmore said the administration is investigating the incident. Parker said Trivino won’t return to the school because his scholarship has been revoked.

“This has nothing to do with BU, this has to do with me,’’ said Parker. “He’s kicked out of school because I took his scholarship away. He can’t come back because he doesn’t have any money. BU hasn’t done a thing to him yet. They’ll talk to the girl and they’ll talk to Corey and they’ll make a decision on what his punishment will be, if any.

“My actions have taken BU’s actions out of the picture. They can’t do anything more to him than I’ve already done to him. They can’t kick him out of school, he’s not going to be here. I don’t mean that as good or bad, it’s just a fact.
              A little hyperbole? Probably.

A disappointed coach saying a little more than he needed to...we can all ascribe motivation to his statements...I'll take disappointment for the girl, player, team and the family(s) as what I believe caused him to phrase it that way. You can chalk it up to what you believe. The world keeps spinning either way.

He didn't say anything that can't be corrected or ammended at a later date for factual correctness or proper attribution but his forward looking assessment of the situation is probably gonna be accurate.
              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Check your USCHO EMail, I sent you something
                That made me smile. Thanks for sharing. And I'm sorry I didn't realize you were there on Saturday. Would have loved to said hi in person.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                  A little hyperbole? Probably.

A disappointed coach saying a little more than he needed to...we can all ascribe motivation to his statements...I'll take disappointment for the girl, player, team and the family(s) as what I believe caused him to phrase it that way. You can chalk it up to what you believe. The world keeps spinning either way.

He didn't say anything that can't be corrected or ammended at a later date for factual correctness or proper attribution but his forward looking assessment of the situation is probably gonna be accurate.
                  agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    That made me smile. Thanks for sharing. And I'm sorry I didn't realize you were there on Saturday. Would have loved to said hi in person.
                    You're welcome, I figured it would
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

more trouble in paradise?? Hey, they do come in 3's... Lets hope not

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        agreed
                        Hoky, why is coyle leaving?
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

more trouble in paradise?? Hey, they do come in 3's... Lets hope not
                          oh geez, now what.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            Bah hum bug, hold tight.....

Comment

• Don't like the way that question was worded. Is he leaving?
                              Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

http://twitter.com/#!/bchockeyblog1/...70378380066816
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X