X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agganis
    replied
    Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Hey at least he can spell "dad" give him a couple more years and he will master the word "hockey."

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Seeing that it took me 50+/- years to figure out the difference between their and there or your and you're, that ain't happening...
    All right, then.

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Insecure? How about just having enough general respect for another person to correctly spell their name? It's not like spelling Trivino is the same as spelling Krzyzewski.
    Seeing that it took me 50+/- years to figure out the difference between their and there or your and you're, that ain't happening...

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

never have spent a second worrying about grammar... my experiences have shown that the insecure types focus on it....
    Insecure? How about just having enough general respect for another person to correctly spell their name? It's not like spelling Trivino is the same as spelling Krzyzewski.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    JD have you been watching BU much? Coyle has been a traffic cone except when he is taking dumb penalties. Trivino is a far bigger loss.
    I'm not saying he has been great, but he's still a top six forward...on this BU team. You can't just subtract him and Trivino and somehow expect better results. It's not like the guys replacing Coyle are any better.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

False.... I have broken several stories, mostly well after I found out about them.
    My God, don't pat yourself on the back too hard. Just like in this case, you deal in riddles...not clear cut factual information. And you're not always right (which is fine...nobody is).

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied
    never have spent a second worrying about grammar... my experiences have shown that the insecure types focus on it....
    Win

Don't forget the bc blogger must have been wrong because he wrote quebac. I mean what is quebac?? Even coyle isn't that dumb (allegedly).

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Huh?

Parker should be working on the neutral zone trap right about now. BU should focus on team defense/senior goaltender.
    JD have you been watching BU much? Coyle has been a traffic cone except when he is taking dumb penalties. Trivino is a far bigger loss.

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied

First of all, hokydad loves breaking news...without actually breaking news. That's just what he does. Then, after the fact, he'll tell you he knew all along and how long he knew it for.

I got a text yesterday from a BU grad/season ticket holder saying "sources say Coyle gone...before the Notre Dame game". I didn't believe him. Unlike hokydad, I didn't post a word about it on here or try to come up with some fancy riddle.

Now, all that aside, yes, a lot of people look pretty foolish here. In any event, losing two top six forwards under these circumstances is very difficult to overcome. I was gonna call it a bush league move by Coyle, but I don't know if he actually put in the work to try and stay eligible. If he did and just couldn't cut it, fine. But if he intentionally dogged it academically and knew this is something he was gonna do...don't have much good to say about him for abandoning his teammates in the middle of the year.
    False.... I have broken several stories, mostly well after I found out about them.

If BU wants to get back in the game, they should be all over Michael Vechionne and bring him in for next year. Just walked away from UNH and is a keeper who would be an immediate impact and help fill the void left from the 2 departures.

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    If more dominoes fall this could spell the end for Parker????
    I certainly hope so please let it happen. This program will need a few years to get the stank out of the walls at Agganis that Parker left behind. There will be some down years but worth it (heck we have already been having the down years!)

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Sure, I'm not offering the CHN tweet as proof of the story's falsehood, only that there were many who did not believe the original tweet from this BC blog, or at least wanted more info than a vague reference to an inside source. As I stated yesterday, there was too much smoke for there not to be some form of fire here, which was my belief yesterday - that something was up, I just didn't know who was the one that was more right. As I wrote earlier today, I now believe the outside reports more than I believe Coyle, specifically because he apparently did not respond to a follow up request for information last night from the BHB, which I took as further proof of something going on, and because, as someone noted in the last few posts, there wasn't really anyone else coming out saying it was false. Of course, the USHR report only further solidified that, as they are more reputable of a source than a random blog. So who knows, apparently someone contacted the Wild and they say they haven't heard anything first hand, but that's not exactly the most glaring denouncement of the story.

At this point, I'd like to find out if one of next year's freshmen can be fast-tracked to this season. I suppose if this was going to happen, now would be the best time for it, since it's between semesters, and someone can join the team and start classes at the beginning of the semester. IIRC, Beaudry did this at PC 3 years ago.

And for someone as apparently privy to all of this information as you are, you'd think you'd know how to correctly spell Trivino's name.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
    But if what HD stated is true that Coyle was already gone then the team could still be fine.
    Huh?

Parker should be working on the neutral zone trap right about now. BU should focus on team defense/senior goaltender.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Now, all that aside, yes, a lot of people look pretty foolish here. In any event, losing two top six forwards under these circumstances is very difficult to overcome. I was gonna call it a bush league move by Coyle, but I don't know if he actually put in the work to try and stay eligible. If he did and just couldn't cut it, fine. But if he intentionally dogged it academically and knew this is something he was gonna do...don't have much good to say about him for abandoning his teammates in the middle of the year.
    Eh, not worth speculating about what his intentions were, probably not something we'll ever know.

One thing I do wonder is who is the one that was originally privy to all of Coyle's academic information. Technically, by law, that stuff is not allowed to be revealed by the university to anyone other than who Coyle decides. So I would imagine it had to have come from someone within the hockey program, as they would have active knowledge of his progress.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
    Ah, let them have their little circle jerk. Trying to figure out why some of these guys need to spend so much time in our thread, you'll go crazy. It can't be done.
    What's there to figure out? These are two huge developments.

Leave a comment:

• Jacques Joubert
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    That is assuming Coyle ever started studying to begin with.

I did wonder if this week is something that might push Jack to consider going out at the end of the year. Players are not happy right now apparently? Chiasson and Clendenning could leave early (any others?). No goalie with any experience on next year's roster. Will the administration take notice of two incidents in one week and put some pressure on him?
    This isn't great for Parker, obviously. I still say he did the right thing regarding Trivino...but to say all the stuff about the kid to the media that he did I can't agree with. "He's got an ongoing alcohol problem blah, blah, blah..."

I'm thinking he felt the need to let the world know how he was justified in letting Corey go since there's been a rash of dismissals recently, but in doing so probably lost some loyalty of the team.

As an avid BU fan...this is very troubling.

But if what HD stated is true that Coyle was already gone then the team could still be fine.

Chiasson-Connolly-Gill

Rodrigues-Nieto-Megan

Courtnall-Hohmann-Cisse

Gaudet-Rosen-Gilroy

Is still a very good team. Not as good as it was about 7 dyas ago though...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X