X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Seeing that it took me 50+/- years to figure out the difference between their and there or your and you're, that ain't happening...
    Glad I apparently didn't go to the same schools you did.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Exactly. A top 6 forward??? BU has/had three top players (Connolly, Nieto, and the recent departed Trivino) . Those other guys are pretty much interchangeable at this point. Did Coyle have some promise? Maybe, but he sure didn't show much of it in his time here. The team is worse off this week vs last week entirely because of Trivino's justifiable banishment.
      No, not exactly. I'm being completely serious in asking if you know what top six forward means? You cannot deny Coyle was a top six for this BU team just because you weren't impressed with what he's showed. How is Connolly any better than Coyle when he hasn't even scored one goal this year? You think you can just replace Coyle with Hohmann/Rodrigues and all is well?

You cannot say losing Coyle won't hurt the team. I just don't understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        Minnesota Wild beat writer Michael Russo just tweeted that he has heard the academic issues reported in relation to Charlie Coyle are untrue.

Michael Russo
        @Russostrib
        @TOAVii first there is no rope. He's not their property. No control over him. Second, academic reports are untrue from what I hear
        Let me guess...just because he hasn't heard it from one of his sources, that's why it's not true?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          No, not exactly. I'm being completely serious in asking if you know what top six forward means? You cannot deny Coyle was a top six for this BU team just because you weren't impressed with what he's showed. How is Connolly any better than Coyle when he hasn't even scored one goal this year? You think you can just replace Coyle with Hohmann/Rodrigues and all is well?

It is a huge loss, while he undperformed at times here, he's still one of the most talented guys on our roster. Anyone with any know have any idea on the prospect of a '12 freshman coming in early? Wouldn't really change the planned scholarship structure as Coyle was expected to be gone next year anyway.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Sorry, but his loss is negligible. As Jofa asked, do you watch any of the games? Connolly is a great set-up man, the best passer on the team IMHO. Coyle is just there. Unless he takes a penalty you can go the whole game without knowing he was on the ice. I will directly deny that he was an important part of this team. He clearly was not, and his departure will have little impact on how BU's season would have ended up. As I said before, Nicastro has talent, but as he hasn't utilized it much if he left the team it wouldn't be a big loss. It seems like you're going off of Coyle's potential which hasn't come close to being realized as happens far too often with BU recruits.
            Last edited by Rover; 12-16-2011, 01:06 PM.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Understand this. He hasnt been a productive player for the team, promising skill or not, not sure what you are seeing. He has lit the lamp 6 times since 11/6/10. Thats not a typo thats a stretch of almost 14 months. That is anemic by any standard in any league at any level. I dont care how good he looks on his skates , he was a bust. Anyone he is replaced with can score 6 goals over the next 14 months.
              Last edited by Jofa; 12-16-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

= Coyle is just there. Unless he takes a penalty you can go the whole game without knowing he was on the ice.
                When Calvin Coolidge died someone asked "how can you tell?". When Coyle is gone you can ask the same question. He not only was a dog, he had fleas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  Understand this. He hasnt been a productive player for the team, promising skill or not, not sure what you are seeing. He has lit the lamp 6 times since 11/6/10. Thats not a typo almost 14 months ago. That is anemic by any standard in any league at any level. I dont care how good he looks on his skates , he was a bust. Anyone he is replaced with can score 6 goals over the next 14 months.
                  False.. No matter what he has done, they are not a better team without him. No one who takes his spot will make BU better this year or next, no one on this team and no one coming in

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Let me guess...just because he hasn't heard it from one of his sources, that's why it's not true?
                    That doesn't sound like Russo. Not exactly sure what to make of this.

Comment

False.. No matter what he has done, they are not a better team without him. No one who takes his spot will make BU better this year or next, no one on this team and no one coming in
                      No they will be the same team with or without.

Comment

When Calvin Coolidge died someone asked "how can you tell?". When Coyle is gone you can ask the same question. He not only was a dog, he had fleas.
                        holy smokes...

+7 on ice, excellent on draws, won 1on1 battles, used size to advantage. just because he wasn't lighting the lamp to your liking doesn't mean he was a dog with fleas.

oh, and lest we forget he was HE rookie of the year and arguably team USA's best forward at the WJC last year. but sure

Comment

Is there really anything concrete to all of these Coyle rumors? Sounds to me like anyone who would know is either saying nothing or denying it.
                          Just sayin...
                          Last edited by steakbomb; 12-16-2011, 01:23 PM.
                          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Sorry, but his loss is negligible. As Jofa asked, do you watch any of the games? Connolly is a great set-up man, the best passer on the team IMHO. Coyle is just there. Unless he takes a penalty you can go the whole game without knowing he was on the ice. I will directly deny that he was an important part of this team. He clearly was not, and his departure will have little impact on how BU's season would have ended up. As I said before, Nicastro has talent, but as he hasn't utilized it much if he left the team it wouldn't be a big loss. It seems like you're going off of Coyle's potential which hasn't come close to being realized as happens far too often with BU recruits.
                            Understand this. He hasnt been a productive player for the team, promising skill or not, not sure what you are seeing. He has lit the lamp 6 times since 11/6/10. Thats not a typo thats a stretch of almost 14 months. That is anemic by any standard in any league at any level. I dont care how good he looks on his skates , he was a bust. Anyone he is replaced with can score 6 goals over the next 14 months.
                            No they will be the same team with or without.
                            Well, this will be pretty much be clear cut by the end of the season. Guess we'll have to wait and see. My whole point is the people who can possibly move up to take Coyle's place are not better players than he is no matter how flawed you guys think Coyle is. So, I'm in agreement with hokydad. It's just funny you'll give credit to Connolly for being a great setup man, yet bum Coyle has more points, actually knows what scoring a goal feels like, and only has two fewer assists. Definitely not going off his potential...simply going off the fact BU doesn't have better options. FWIW, neither Coyle nor Connolly scare me.

Jofa, I'm not talking about next year. Let's focus on the remainder of this season. We'll see if BU proves to be a better team than they are now, remain the same, or take a step back (but i know, then it will only be because Trivino is gone).

Comment

You're arguing two different things. Nobody's saying the team is better off without him or one of the other forwards will step in and put up more points. What I am saying is its not hard to replicate his mediocre production. Jofa's point is solid. 6 goals in 14 months. What I'm getting sick of as a BU fan is people thinking a guy who projects to score 8 goals and 20 points in a season is some sort of irreplacable world beater. These guys are a dime a dozen and on a top team populate your 3rd line if they're lucky. If a guy with that kind of production will be missed it says more about the team than it does about that one player.

Trivino on the other hand, I believe 6th in the country in goal scoring, is going to be sorely missed.
                              Last edited by Rover; 12-16-2011, 01:27 PM.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yea those first rounders are easy to replace! Dime a dozen. Sure.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X