X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    How about showing all the goals on replay not just the BU goals
    All schools need to adopt this
    Not certain, but I'm willing to bet that Jack has decided not to show the visiting teams replays.

I want to see them too.

Comment

Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

The ushers have to do a better job holding people up top until stoppages in play. There have been a few times this season when people were heading down towards seats while play was goin on and a goal was scored. In some cases some of these folks look like deer in the headlights and don't even know what section they are in and seated fans are unhappy.

Also is it chic to arrive late?

Comment

How about giving out of town updates not just twice a game ( smartphones solve this)
        You just answered why it's not that big a deal that they don't show them more times than during the intermissions. And if an out of town game was that important, they would show it more than twice. I believe they have done that in the past.

when I got home from BU game Friday I watched end of BC game
        Also two other college hockey games were on tv at that time
        On a much different scale the NFL is having problems getting fans in seats in some area
        Hi-def makes a big difference
        OK, maybe it's because I'm really tired but what quoted above has anything to do with the customer experience? Do you mean you can stay home to watch college hockey instead of going to see it live?

As for showing replays of opposing team's goals, why promote BU giving up goals? Doesn't bother me. Only reason I would want to see it is if it was questionable, and then they normally wouldn't show that anyway.

Friday night when BU met the Cane's challenge, there was a chicken clucking noise. First time I heard it. Thought it was pretty funny. But they didn't use it Saturday. Wonder why.

Anyone notice they haven't had a "What Year Was It?" quiz since the second screw up?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          You just answered why it's not that big a deal that they don't show them more times than during the intermissions. And if an out of town game was that important, they would show it more than twice. I believe they have done that in the past.
          Not everyone has a smart phone. It seems like they could find a few seconds on the jumbotron during stoppages of play to update the fans on scores from around Hockey East.

As for showing replays of opposing team's goals, why promote BU giving up goals? Doesn't bother me. Only reason I would want to see it is if it was questionable, and then they normally wouldn't show that anyway.
          If a goal is scored I want to see it again, and it seems like a waste of the jumbotron not to show it. As a paying fan it's one of those things where I understand why they don't do it, but when you're there it seems petty that a pretty goal is scored you're denied a chance to see it again, basically for no other reason than spite.
          Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 11-20-2011, 08:42 PM.
          #OneKnight

Comment

The experience needs to be better for paying customers
            How about showing all the goals on replay not just the BU goals
            All schools need to adopt this
            How about giving out of town updates not just twice a game ( smartphones solve this)
            when I got home from BU game Friday I watched end of BC game
            Also two other college hockey games were on tv at that time
            On a much different scale the NFL is having problems getting fans in seats in some area
            Hi-def makes a big difference
            I'll agree on that out of town scores should be given more often. Unless I missed it, there was no updates given of the BU-Wake Forest womens' soccer NCAA game. Kind of dissapointing.

I think you are in the small minority in wanting to see goals against BU. I don't have any need to see it again! Not sure what they would show, but I'm not convinced that showing the frowning faces of the student section after those goals is the best way to go either.

Friday night when BU met the Cane's challenge, there was a chicken clucking noise. First time I heard it. Thought it was pretty funny. But they didn't use it Saturday. Wonder why.

Anyone notice they haven't had a "What Year Was It?" quiz since the second screw up?
            So the wave is disgusting but a chicken clucking noise is acceptable??

Interesting that the challenge would entail something that would involve BU giving up shots?? (25 saves by BU goalie) BU had only given up 4 at the end of the first when they announced the challenge! Luckily, a flurry of crappy shots at the beginning of the 3rd sealed the deal. The UNH team must have been hungry. Sadly, no cluckle.

Embarassing that the video board still hasn't been repaired. The only good reason I would think is that they need to lower it to ice level and they are going to do that over break.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              Embarassing that the video board still hasn't been repaired. The only good reason I would think is that they need to lower it to ice level and they are going to do that over break.
              The board is going to take about 4-5 months to fix. I did ask about one of the guys that manages the arena about it a few weeks ago.

Comment

Nice to see we're not upset about the team's play . The crowds have been OK in size but rather subdued I feel.

The crowd does seem to come in very late. People are still finding their way to seats halfway through the 1st. Maybe T's and the Cantina need more tables?

The ushers don't do a great job of managing the stairs. In addition to holding people for the whistle I've had people let their kids sit on the stairs and let them run around like's it's a playscape. Not cool.

The chicken noise was funny and I was listening for it Saturday.

Anywho...hopefully we see a lot more of this team.
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

The board is going to take about 4-5 months to fix. I did ask about one of the guys that manages the arena about it a few weeks ago.
                  Is that the case? I'd heard they have to completely replace it, and were going to try and do it over winter break when there's time, but I didn't know it would take that long and they postponed it to the end of the season.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

On attendnce: Its not like attendance has been all that bad, but probably down from previous years. Its a combo of the price point vs. state of the economy as well as the overall recent team performance. The group I have my seats with have had the discussion a few times about at what point do you opt out of the tickets. No doubt that $24 / game starts to feel steep when you know going into it that you are only going to be able to make 75% of the games. Then add on that a few of the games you get do, you dont use all of your tickets. So they are for sure flirting with that edge, and I'm sure that my group are not the only ones having these thoughts.

Just for fun, what is the family cost index to go to a BU game?

4 Tickets ($24 / each) = $96
                    Parking = $12
                    2 Beers ($7.50 / each) = $15
                    2 Cokes ($3.50?? / each ) = $7
                    4 Hot Dogs ($3.50??) / each = $14

= $144.00

That feels steep when you are talking about playing anyone other than BC or a big OOC opponent... (Particularly for stuff like the U-18 game, or when the team shows up and lays a stinker against Holy Cross).

That being said... rip off a few more wins and the stands will suddenly be a lot more full again.

I agree on seeing out of town scores a bit more... (dont some places have scoreboards dedicated to this? Fenway? TD Garden?)

Also agree on wanting to see the replays of ALL goals. They are an important part of the game, maybe it was a good play or a nice move by a forward that would be nice to see again (even if it was not good for BU), and also would certinally improve a visiting fan's experience.

All in all the team played well. Keep playing like that and we will certinally be notching our fair share of wins.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Is that the case? I'd heard they have to completely replace it, and were going to try and do it over winter break when there's time, but I didn't know it would take that long and they postponed it to the end of the season.
                      That I did not hear. Maybe they changed plans? Quite possible. I heard it was a parts things with the manufacturer.

Comment

That I did not hear. Maybe they changed plans? Quite possible. I heard it was a parts things with the manufacturer.
                        Yeah, I'd heard the manufacturer thing too, you could also be right, I have no idea what the time frame is actually, I just know it has to be done either over winter break, or after the season.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          On attendnce: Its not like attendance has been all that bad, but probably down from previous years. Its a combo of the price point vs. state of the economy as well as the overall recent team performance. The group I have my seats with have had the discussion a few times about at what point do you opt out of the tickets. No doubt that $24 / game starts to feel steep when you know going into it that you are only going to be able to make 75% of the games. Then add on that a few of the games you get do, you dont use all of your tickets. So they are for sure flirting with that edge, and I'm sure that my group are not the only ones having these thoughts.

Just for fun, what is the family cost index to go to a BU game?

4 Tickets ($24 / each) = $96
                          Parking = $12
                          2 Beers ($7.50 / each) = $15
                          2 Cokes ($3.50?? / each ) = $7
                          4 Hot Dogs ($3.50??) / each = $14

= $144.00

That feels steep when you are talking about playing anyone other than BC or a big OOC opponent... (Particularly for stuff like the U-18 game, or when the team shows up and lays a stinker against Holy Cross).

That being said... rip off a few more wins and the stands will suddenly be a lot more full again.

I agree on seeing out of town scores a bit more... (dont some places have scoreboards dedicated to this? Fenway? TD Garden?)

Also agree on wanting to see the replays of ALL goals. They are an important part of the game, maybe it was a good play or a nice move by a forward that would be nice to see again (even if it was not good for BU), and also would certinally improve a visiting fan's experience.

All in all the team played well. Keep playing like that and we will certinally be notching our fair share of wins.
                          your cost analysis is quite generous, $24 ($26 for BC, UNH, Maine, big OOC) plus automatic $2 building fee even if you buy at the box office, then another $6 or so per ticket on Ticketmaster. 4 tickets on TM to BC would be $136.40.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by reBlur View Post
                            Apparently RSIG went nuts this weekend and didn't allow anybody in the student sections if they didn't have tickets for 118/108, which many students don't. They'll get random tickets for 117 or 115 and go sit in 118/sneak in. That normally happens on weekends when NESN is there because NESN hates when their microphones pick up the "F em up" chant.

I heard the Dog Pound sold 300 tickets to students for the away game at BC the first weekend of December. Not sure if that's true.
                            Yes RSIG was more harassing than usual this weekend, but everyone who wants to get into the section still can. Not going to explain how on this forum because I know they read it (Hi guys! ). While that did force a handful of kids to be dispersed throughout the arena we are talking two dozen kids, max, so not the real problem. Wish I knew what the real problem was.

Haven't got to 300 tickets yet but we should have a decent sized group. I think the game selling out early could be the greatest thing that could have happened to the BU student crowd. Really forced a sense of urgency on getting any ticket they see for sale at a reasonable price, rather than waiting until later to see if BU is playing well in the games leading up to it. That plus the success in the last game at BC and atmosphere during it make me anxious to see the size of the away contingent.

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                            This weekend they started walking up and down the rows looking for suspicious water bottles in the student sections as well.
                            Reminds me of a certain "former" poster with a very tall girlfriend

Comment

your cost analysis is quite generous, $24 ($26 for BC, UNH, Maine, big OOC) plus automatic $2 building fee even if you buy at the box office, then another $6 or so per ticket on Ticketmaster. 4 tickets on TM to BC would be $136.40.
                              Good point... I was going off of season ticket pricing. So really you are at $184.40 for the "Family Cost Index". That's not exactly a cheap night out.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Good point... I was going off of season ticket pricing. So really you are at $184.40 for the "Family Cost Index". That's not exactly a cheap night out.
                                I appreciate what everyone is saying about costs, the economy, etc. but to be fair, think about the cost of a movie today or the cost of a single B's ticket in a comparable spot in the arena to Agganis. Iin today's world an evening of entertainment, food and drink for 4 under $200 isn't what it used to be when looking at alternatives.

I still think that students fighting to get a ticket instead of waltzing in and sneaking into 118 or 108 because plenty are available is disappointing for a program with the heritage and tradition of BU. Perhaps more marketing of the product to the students early on would pay dividends?

Comment

Working...
                                X