X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    I suggesting there's good reason for BU alums to be embarrassed by his behavior.
    Why? This isn't like a Sandusky action that took place over years. From what I can tell it was one very stupid action by one person, and one person only. The only person that should be embarrassed by this is Trivino.

It appears that BU has handled things quickly and well, at least from this corner.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      I can't see that happening under any circumstance. I suppose if it's found that these accusations were 100% fabricated and absolutely nothing that is in the police report occurred, it would be on the table. However, it appears the likelihood of that is less than getting struck by lightning twice in the same day.
      At that point, would Trivino even want to return? Wouldn't that be pretty similar to the Duke Lacross case?

I suggesting there's good reason for BU alums to be embarrassed by his behavior.
      It doesn't end with just BU alums. However, this says more about the individual than it does the school.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        At that point, would Trivino even want to return? Wouldn't that be pretty similar to the Duke Lacross case?
        You're right, it would be along those lines, and I suspect he would not want to return in that case.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

and I am suggesting that he and he alone should be embarrassed by his behavior not BU, the hockey program , the coach OR BU alums. Certainly can't argue with how quickly the hammer came down on him, that's for sure

Comment

Why should BU alums be embarrassed by the actions of an individual? If anything they should be proud of their University and their hockey coach for doing the right thing without first being shamed into it.
            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Dogg View Post
              Understood and completely fair point.And, reading one of Mookie's subsequent posts, probably a little TOO defensive on my part. But, still wanted to clarify and explain.

It is sad all around, but I'm proud of BU, the BU police, and coach Parker for their response.
              Wait. Why? Was this such a tough decision to make here? We now congratulate people for doing the right thing? Weak.

But I have some questions here for coach Parker. So, you know this student athlete has had problems with drinking before, and in fact, is on warning that if he screws up again, he is booted off the team. When he was made aware of this, was he asked/forced to take a class or two on the dangers of drinking, or something along those lines? Did you perhaps after the first issue, get in touch with his parents and ask, as politely as possible, is there a family history with alcohol abuse, I only ask because we have had a few issues with your son in his short time here, and we would love to get him help so he can continue on with a promising hockey career? And, not as important but, reporters are now saying that coach Parker said it was easy for him to let Corey go because he was on warning. So wait, if he wasn't, he would still be a member of the squad pending charges against him, or the decision would have been tougher?

To me, it seems like this kid has a problem, and was left to hang out to dry by his coach and the university.

I write this pending more information coming out on what might have been done to help this kid after his previous issues. But please, lets not congratulate the coach here for "doing the right thing." The right thing would have been to get him help in the first place so this issue does not happen. Not leave the choice in the hand of a kid who has already proved he cannot handle making the right decision.
              DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                Why should BU alums be embarrassed by the actions of an individual? If anything they should be proud of their University and their hockey coach for doing the right thing without first being shamed into it.
                I don't know if embarrassed is the right word, but I can't currently think of a better one. I think you can be embarrassed and proud of how the university handled it at the same time.

Comment

Per Freep Twitter, they spoke to Parker and he confirmed that Trivino had a series of alcohol-related incidents while at BU, including one last spring, but none were as bad as this one, but that Parker believes it stems from an alcohol problem.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    and I am suggesting that he and he alone should be embarrassed by his behavior not BU, the hockey program , the coach OR BU alums. Certainly can't argue with how quickly the hammer came down on him, that's for sure
                    Gee, thanks for the negative rep for voicing my opinion. As you'll recall, this thing came up when you responded to the following post by Section Eight:

"I was pretty embarrassed to be a Terrier this morning, but it will go away I'm sure."

Apparently I'm not the only one with the opinion, as a BU fan says he's "pretty embarrassed." I'll tell you what, you have your opinion, and I'll have mine. Thank you.

Comment

This is an issue that all BU alums should be proud of the way it was handled.....especially with recent developments. It does make you feel badly for all involved
                      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Per Freep Twitter, they spoke to Parker and he confirmed that Trivino had a series of alcohol-related incidents while at BU, including one last spring, but none were as bad as this one, but that Parker believes it stems from an alcohol problem.
                        How many does a series equal? What was his largest punishment?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                          Wait. Why? Was this such a tough decision to make here? We now congratulate people for doing the right thing? Weak.

But I have some questions here for coach Parker. So, you know this student athlete has had problems with drinking before, and in fact, is on warning that if he screws up again, he is booted off the team. When he was made aware of this, was he asked/forced to take a class or two on the dangers of drinking, or something along those lines? Did you perhaps after the first issue, get in touch with his parents and ask, as politely as possible, is there a family history with alcohol abuse, I only ask because we have had a few issues with your son in his short time here, and we would love to get him help so he can continue on with a promising hockey career? And, not as important but, reporters are now saying that coach Parker said it was easy for him to let Corey go because he was on warning. So wait, if he wasn't, he would still be a member of the squad pending charges against him, or the decision would have been tougher?

To me, it seems like this kid has a problem, and was left to hang out to dry by his coach and the university.

I write this pending more information coming out on what might have been done to help this kid after his previous issues. But please, lets not congratulate the coach here for "doing the right thing." The right thing would have been to get him help in the first place so this issue does not happen. Not leave the choice in the hand of a kid who has already proved he cannot handle making the right decision.
                          If he does have a problem, as a 21 year old man when does he expect people to stop holding his hand and showing him the way? The team's obligation if he's a boozer is to tell him in no uncertain terms to straighten up or you're out. Trivino himself needs to make the decision to get help if it was needed before this incident happened. Its not Parker's job to get the family's history of alcohol abuse. He's the coach, not the parent and again, the guy's 21 not 17. Now if the player had a history of sexual assault that's a different story, but otherwise this was handled properly on the school's part. No coverup, no coddling, and immediate consequences for his actions.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            If he does have a problem, as a 21 year old man when does he expect people to stop holding his hand and showing him the way? The team's obligation if he's a boozer is to tell him in no uncertain terms to straighten up or you're out. Trivino himself needs to make the decision to get help if it was needed before this incident happened. Its not Parker's job to get the family's history of alcohol abuse. He's the coach, not the parent and again, the guy's 21 not 17. Now if the player had a history of sexual assault that's a different story, but otherwise this was handled properly on the school's part. No coverup, no coddling, and immediate consequences for his actions.
                            i disagree. He was not 21 with his first incident was he? Or how about the second? The response should be, go to a class get some help and then you can play again. Not if you do it again your gone. That is coddling, we know you have problem, but we don't want to force you to do anything to get help that you do not want to do, your an important player who could play a key role down the road and we do not want you to leave. Lets close our eyes and hope it all works out, or if it blows up, hopefully you are someone elses problem at that point.

This could have been nipped in the bud alot earlier without anyone getting hurt.

And I do not give credit for not covering up. Way not to try to hide it! We are not Penn State! Please, pathetic argument avoiding the one on why he was not forced to get help to begin with.
                            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              I don't know if embarrassed is the right word, but I can't currently think of a better one. I think you can be embarrassed and proud of how the university handled it at the same time.
                              All I know is that over the dozen years or so there has been far too many embarassments/incidents/involuntary departures under Parkers "leadership". It would interesting to see the list hopefully someone will oblige. Its got to be up there as the most in a D1 hockey program, its like the BC football/basketball of college hockey. Nice job Jack.

Comment

Gee, thanks for the negative rep for voicing my opinion. As you'll recall, this thing came up when you responded to the following post by Section Eight:

"I was pretty embarrassed to be a Terrier this morning, but it will go away I'm sure."

Apparently I'm not the only one with the opinion, as a BU fan says he's "pretty embarrassed." I'll tell you what, you have your opinion, and I'll have mine. Thank you.

hang on there buddy, i DID NOT neg rep you or anyone else.................

Comment

Working...
                                X