X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Why wouldn't he be a part of "BU proper". Just curious...
    MET is the Metropolitan College of BU. It's the continuing education and distance learning college at BU. MET is a popular way for active duty military to attend college through online classes. (I believe MET has a formal arrangement with the Marines of some kind.)

It is also for people who have to go to work full time before completing their degree. I can't speak to the open enrollment, as I transferred most of my credits from the College of Arts and Sciences. Classes are mostly held at night to be available to working students. I did not notice any differnce in class rigor or work requirements for the classes I took through MET.

Degrees from MET are most certainly issued by the trustees of Boston University. Like any other college or school at BU, it also lists MET as the particular college of the University attended.

Excuse me if I'm a bit defensive. I didn't realize my degree wasn't from BU proper...
    http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyeast98 View Post
      if trivino is proven innocent.. would he have any opportunity of coming back to BU?
      While I agree it's not fair to jump to any conclusions, it doesn't seem like there is much chance for him to get out of all these charges.

Anyway, his eligibility is running out here and his next court date is around Jan 18th I think I read. By the time this whole thing is done legally, it'll be well after BU's season is over (Grounddog Day, the 2nd Tuesday in February, of course).

No way Jack takes him back. Nor should he.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey Dogg View Post
        MET is the Metropolitan College of BU. It's the continuing education and distance learning college at BU. MET is a popular way for active duty military to attend college through online classes. (I believe MET has a formal arrangement with the Marines of some kind.)

It is also for people who have to go to work full time before completing their degree. I can't speak to the open enrollment, as I transferred most of my credits from the College of Arts and Sciences. Classes are mostly held at night to be available to working students. I did not notice any differnce in class rigor or work requirements for the classes I took through MET.

Degrees from MET are most certainly issued by the trustees of Boston University. Like any other college or school at BU, it also lists MET as the particular college of the University attended.

Excuse me if I'm a bit defensive. I didn't realize my degree wasn't from BU proper...
        I don't blame you for being defensive. Just understand I didn't make the distinction between it and "BU Proper". That was a BUs fan term...

Comment

Sounds like MET has the same stigma that CGS has?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Does Walpole have a hockey team?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              don't be, it has nothing to do with BU , the hockey program or the coach and everything to do with that young man, and i use that term loosely here
              Hmmm, he does go to school at BU and, until today, played on the hockey team. But, okay, whatever.....

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                I have to say, I lol'd. I kind of feel bad that I did, but I did.
                I did too. Well played, Nick.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Worst case is he winds up a registered sex offender. Best case maybe the B/E gets pled down to Tresspassing and the Indecent A/B and Attempted Rape gets resolved on a plea to simple A/B. That would keep it out of sex offender status. He'll need a heck of a lot of cooperation from the alleged victim to get this type of a resolution. Can't see this going to trial though.
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Yep...dead on.

Anyway, from a hockey perspective, would you guys build two lines around your top six?:

Nieto
                    Chiasson
                    Gill
                    Coyle
                    Connolly
                    Megan

Or would you pair these guys off over three lines?
                    I could see Hohmann jumping up to 2nd line center. And moving the Coyle line up to the top line.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      Hmmm, he does go to school at BU and, until today, played on the hockey team. But, okay, whatever.....
                      not sure where you are going with that............we know those facts but what do they have to do with this type of behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        No way Jack takes him back. Nor should he.
                        I can't see that happening under any circumstance. I suppose if it's found that these accusations were 100% fabricated and absolutely nothing that is in the police report occurred, it would be on the table. However, it appears the likelihood of that is less than getting struck by lightning twice in the same day.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I don't blame you for being defensive. Just understand I didn't make the distinction between it and "BU Proper". That was a BUs fan term...
                          Understood and completely fair point.And, reading one of Mookie's subsequent posts, probably a little TOO defensive on my part. But, still wanted to clarify and explain.

As to the substance of the Trevino accusations, if the case is proven then this young man should have his freedom taken away from him for a good amount of time, in addition to school and sports. If true, all of my sympathy is with the victim here.

It is sad all around, but I'm proud of BU, the BU police, and coach Parker for their response.
                          http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

not sure where you are going with that............we know those facts but what do they have to do with this type of behavior?
                            It appears he's trying to lump Trivino's actions to the university and the hockey program. Not sure why, should they ask every 16 year old they recruit if they'd ever get drunk and try to assault a girl, then follow them all around while at school making sure they don't try to assault a girl. If they had kept him around under some pretext of a suspension, they would be associating his actions with the university and the program. Within 24 hours, he was off the team, his profile taken down from the website, and Parker definitely stated he is no longer associated with the program. Thus, the program unilaterally denounced his accused actions, and they should not be associated with those actions.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I suggesting there's good reason for BU alums to be embarrassed by his behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Sounds like MET has the same stigma that CGS has?
                                Interesting, isn't it?
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X