X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread Part Deux

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Huh? Seems pretty clear what his "intent" was. I don't think he can say he accidentally tripped and landed on her lips...
    I think the theory is, if he was so intoxicated that he could not comprehend or control his actions, it's sort of like a temporary insanity defense. I'm not a lawyer either, but in my very, very basic understanding of the law, it would seem these two defenses are somewhat similar. I would think his lawyer might also argue that since according to the police report, he did nothing more than attempt to kiss her, and did not forcibly throw her on her bed, try to remove any clothing, hit or punch her in any way in an attempt to get her to accept his advances, that the rape and assault charges should either be amended or thrown out. It might be a case where the police and DA overcharged on purpose knowing it'll likely get downgraded by a judge.

Either way, his actions are deplorable, insane, and he has no one to blame but himself, and I'm glad the program disassociated themselves from him immediately.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Nothing like some words of wisdom from Saponari at the end: “Somtimes life takes turns you cant explain so you turn to friends n family n just have a little faith because things tend to work out #myboy.”
      Aren't you guys now glad he isn't an Eagle?!

Comment

How you can plow through "stop signs" from a woman in this day and age? - I don't care how drunk you are. Unreal. Jesus, this sucks. And a true black-eye to the University and program. Fair or not, that's how it works.

Okay BU hockey team. You're down by 3 goals in the 3rd. What are you going to do about it? Hopefully opportunity and adversity will make them stronger.

And I'll 3rd the kudos to the RA for having the guts to call the authorities.

BU Hockey: Rise Above
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
          Aren't you guys now glad he isn't an Eagle?!
          Exactly what I was thinking

Comment

And I keep trying to put myself in Corey's shoes.

On top of the world. Just scored two goals in a big game. Leading scorer on team. BMOC. Drunk. Arogant. I'm almost sort of getting the delusional impulse. But then... Just stop. And then...

HE WENT BACK THREE TIMES!!!! (!!!???)

Unreal.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              If this was your daughter and a 21 year old was arrested for, "charged with two counts of breaking and entering in the nighttime and one count of assault with attempt to rape."

Would you say, he is just immature? In her room and not safe? Judges look at this in the same light as home invasion and in Massachusetts it is sacred ground and will not get brushed under the rug. All of this is of course if it is true. Clearly you need to let it sort itself out but any benefit of the doubt would go to the young lady who did nothing wrong.
              I didn't read the post as excusing his behavior; I know I earlier had asked people what Trivino's previous behavior was like...not for excusing nor condemning. I simply was curious what type of guy he was, other than this. I think that will influence how things go for him in the courts and in his hopeful effort to be a better person in the future.
              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                And I keep trying to put myself in Corey's shoes.

On top of the world. Just scored two goals in a big game. Leading scorer on team. BMOC. Drunk. Arogant. I'm almost sort of getting the delusional impulse..
                reads like trivino was trying to put himself in joe namath's shoes... "I just wanna kiss you...."

Either way, *******. Bye.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  How you can plow through "stop signs" from a woman in this day and age? - I don't care how drunk you are. Unreal. Jesus, this sucks. And a true black-eye to the University and program. Fair or not, that's how it works.

Okay BU hockey team. You're down by 3 goals in the 3rd. What are you going to do about it? Hopefully opportunity and adversity will make them stronger.

And I'll 3rd the kudos to the RA for having the guts to call the authorities.

BU Hockey: Rise Above
                  This hopefully can serve as a rallying point for them to rise above this adversity and come out a better team on the other side. Fortunately, they have the 18 day break to regroup themselves mentally and hopefully come back a little more clear-headed and together.

A side note, the report says that the RA is required to open her door when anyone knocks on it. If she feels as though she's in immediate danger, as she clearly felt here, she's still required to open the door? What if she looked through the peephole and saw he was holding a weapon of some kind, she's required to open the door to see if he has a question about something? There has to, or should, be something in the RA policy that allows her to place her own safety above the general duties of an RA. If that was the allowed, she could've left the door closed and locked for her safety and called police. BUPD is literally across the street from StuVi 2, so they would've been there in about 30 seconds. Shame on BU if there isn't some allowance for the RA to place her own safety above her role as RA.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    I think the theory is, if he was so intoxicated that he could not comprehend or control his actions, it's sort of like a temporary insanity defense. I'm not a lawyer either, but in my very, very basic understanding of the law, it would seem these two defenses are somewhat similar. I would think his lawyer might also argue that since according to the police report, he did nothing more than attempt to kiss her, and did not forcibly throw her on her bed, try to remove any clothing, hit or punch her in any way in an attempt to get her to accept his advances, that the rape and assault charges should either be amended or thrown out. It might be a case where the police and DA overcharged on purpose knowing it'll likely get downgraded by a judge.

Either way, his actions are deplorable, insane, and he has no one to blame but himself, and I'm glad the program disassociated themselves from him immediately.
                    "According to the BU Police Department police report, obtained from Brighton District Court, the incident began when the RA heard individuals of a room being extremely loud. The RA went to the room to tell them to quiet down, and Trivino followed her back to her room and pushed her door open, the report states. She said in the report that she told Trivino to go back to his room, but instead he allegedly started kissing and groping the victim. The victim told Trivino he was being inappropriate and should leave her room, and he left, according to the police report.

A few minutes later, Trivino allegedly returned and was banging on her door. The RA opened the door slightly and Trivino tried to kiss her, but she pushed him away, according to the police report. The RA said in the police report that she told Trivino “You need to stop,” and “You need to go.” Trivino allegedly cornered the victim by her desk and attempted to kiss her as she pushed him away, the police report said. She said in the police report that she managed to get him to leave at that time and she then texted a friend for help.

Trivino then returned a third time and banged loudly on the door, according to the report. The victim said in the report that she needed to open the door as part of her RA duties. Trivino allegedly forced his way in again and tried to kiss her
                    "

Cornering, groping and pushing way into her room is more than attempting to kiss her.

Comment

Again, I'm not an attorney so I don't want to come across as being some sort of legal expert. However, there will almost certainly be some plea bargaining and it would not be too much of a stretch to assume that attempted rape might be bargained down to some form of sexual assault. B&E is the nighttime might be bargained down to something like trespassing.

In cases like this, cops almost always file the most serious charges available in anticipation that they will be plea-bargained down to something less. From the DA's point of view, they're more likely to bargain if they don't think the more serious charges will stick or if they can avoid a jury trial by getting guilty pleas to lesser charges. Of course, the feelings and viewpoints of the victim also play into the calculus.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Don't drink the Rover kool-aid. This happens at a lot of places. Just doesn't always involve "star" athletes. I don't think this is a black eye for the university at all. In fact, the way they responded should be put out there and acknowledged.

Comment

HE WENT BACK THREE TIMES!!!! (!!!???)

Unreal.
                          This is the part that bothers me. JFC. Three times! I shudder to think what might have happened if it wasn't an RA. We might not be talking about this at all as a non RA might be too scared or traumatized to notify authorities.

Comment

This hopefully can serve as a rallying point for them to rise above this adversity and come out a better team on the other side. Fortunately, they have the 18 day break to regroup themselves mentally and hopefully come back a little more clear-headed and together.

A side note, the report says that the RA is required to open her door when anyone knocks on it. If she feels as though she's in immediate danger, as she clearly felt here, she's still required to open the door? What if she looked through the peephole and saw he was holding a weapon of some kind, she's required to open the door to see if he has a question about something? There has to, or should, be something in the RA policy that allows her to place her own safety above the general duties of an RA. If that was the allowed, she could've left the door closed and locked for her safety and called police. BUPD is literally across the street from StuVi 2, so they would've been there in about 30 seconds. Shame on BU if there isn't some allowance for the RA to place her own safety above her role as RA.
                            I am sure there is. Just because he said it to her doesnt mean it is a black and white policy

Comment

Agree...seems like common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                I didn't read the post as excusing his behavior; I know I earlier had asked people what Trivino's previous behavior was like...not for excusing nor condemning. I simply was curious what type of guy he was, other than this. I think that will influence how things go for him in the courts and in his hopeful effort to be a better person in the future.
                                I would think the courts will have trouble taking into account rumors and stories from other students of what he may or may not have done in the past that are difficult to substantiate and, from what we know, do not exceed the level of a college student being a moron. I doubt a judge would want to have a parade of girls walking in testifying that Trivino told her she had a nice rack in the elevator one time.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X