Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU vs. UAA: The 3rd Thread Always RuLEz

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
    Seeing as how this thread seems to have won, i will ask again here. Is there an internet video feed and is it crap like ours?
    There is, it's free and I've always thought it's better than ours.

I watched a little of MInn @ UAA a few weeks ago and it was just as I remembered, not too bad and free.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
      There is, it's free and I've always thought it's better than ours.

I watched a little of MInn @ UAA a few weeks ago and it was just as I remembered, not too bad and free.
      Sweet. Free and not awful? there's a win/win.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        Had your fill of flying Asian carp and sturgeon? So you traded out coming north to get your own caribou sausage for a chance to road hunt some white tailed CWD Deer. In all probability for the best as they did eliminate the gun racks from behind your seat in all airlines.
        We don't have CWD. I wouldn't eat the venison if I didn't have to, and we donate a bunch of our venison. We hunt for population control instead of for the meat.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Dear UAA fans -- You will have a Husky fan (who is not a parent or local alumna) in your midst this weekend. Her name is Gina and she's a senior at Tech... not to mention the current president of Mitch's Misfits. She's like ... MeanEgirl 2.0. -- way cuter, taller and more awesome than the original. Seek her out and say hi to her! She's doing this trip solo.
          Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
            Dear UAA fans -- You will have a Husky fan (who is not a parent or local alumna) in your midst this weekend. Her name is Gina and she's a senior at Tech... not to mention the current president of Mitch's Misfits. She's like ... MeanEgirl 2.0. -- way cuter, taller and more awesome than the original. Seek her out and say hi to her! She's doing this trip solo.
            Pics or gtfo ...

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              We don't have CWD. I wouldn't eat the venison if I didn't have to, and we donate a bunch of our venison. We hunt for population control instead of for the meat.
              So basically you are a thrill killer. You don’t eat much of your harvest but donate some to validate your weekend jaunts to the woods with your circle of fellow antler collectors. I wager the side gunner in your pickup views road signs as targets of interest during a slow night of road hunting after a few cans of the cheap “camp beers” in the cooler.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

As long as he donates the meat, then BFD. Stop trolling for responses, and pretending every Midwesterner is a hick, as if those types don't exist in Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  As long as he donates the meat, then BFD. Stop trolling for responses, and pretending every Midwesterner is a hick, as if those types don't exist in Alaska.
                  Oh we had tons of them roaming the roads with out of state plates on their gun racked pickups with the deer antler hood ornaments pulling small ramshackle camp trailers with the “custom“ Krylon spray paint camouflage paint jobs. In the last year, most rolled up their blue tarps and headed to North Dakota for work in the oil fields. A few are stuck here because Canada refuses to let them drive down the Alcan Highway due to prior legal problems.
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

So basically you are a thrill killer. You don’t eat much of your harvest but donate some to validate your weekend jaunts to the woods with your circle of fellow antler collectors. I wager the side gunner in your pickup views road signs as targets of interest during a slow night of road hunting after a few cans of the cheap “camp beers” in the cooler.
                    Completely wrong. We're farmer/hunters, there is no camp of any kind and we don't drive around looking for deer. We hunt our own land to try, unsuccessfully, to keep the population where it should be. And we do eat it, it just isn't anywhere as good as the fresh beef we get from the farm, and we don't want to eat the 2-3 deer worth of venison per person that we get, so we donate the extras.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Completely wrong. We're farmer/hunters, there is no camp of any kind and we don't drive around looking for deer. We hunt our own land to try, unsuccessfully, to keep the population where it should be. And we do eat it, it just isn't anywhere as good as the fresh beef we get from the farm, and we don't want to eat the 2-3 deer worth of venison per person that we get, so we donate the extras.
                      The venison I grew up on in northern NY tasted awful. Moose and reindeer, however, are excellent. No hormones, no antibiotics, and very lean. Yummm.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

So you are telling me is so many words that your super sized Deer Antler Chandeliers’ are a labor in development. I’m happy for you

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          Pics or gtfo ...
                          How about both?

http://www.mitchsmisfits.com/files/Gina.jpg <-- Gina.

Seeya!
                          Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

So are we going to see an up tempo game from AA or not? Tech has ditched the lock.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Oh we had tons of them roaming the roads with out of state plates on their gun racked pickups with the deer antler hood ornaments pulling small ramshackle camp trailers with the “custom“ Krylon spray paint camouflage paint jobs. In the last year, most rolled up their blue tarps and headed to North Dakota for work in the oil fields. A few are stuck here because Canada refuses to let them drive down the Alcan Highway due to prior legal problems.
                              But enough about former Seawolf players...

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                But enough about former Seawolf players...
                                winner winner
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X